Grumman F4F Wildcat

Jester986

TFC do have a flyable FM2 Wildcat so I’d imagine a DCS Wildcat of some flavour is very likely.

As with most surviving WW2 aircraft it’s a late war example. Surviving early war aircraft are very very rare unfortunately. Quite often stuff that survives in numbers was sat in a factory or in storage at the end of the war.

For VR I might have to set up a bicycle pedal via USB to crank the landing gear up 🤣

I agree with the sentiments about the frustrating attitude towards wanting the best airplane, or the best weapon, or more weapons stations. Min/maxing has no place in simulation. 

Edited by Nealius

• 1 year later...

Although the Wildcat was very historic at the beginning of the Pacific war it was severely out performed by the Zero. I would like to see it eventfully come to DCS but not before the Hellcat because the Zero would dominate until the Hellcat arrives.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/6/2022 at 4:22 PM, Evoman said:

Although the Wildcat was very historic at the beginning of the Pacific war it was severely out performed by the Zero. I would like to see it eventfully come to DCS but not before the Hellcat because the Zero would dominate until the Hellcat arrives.

FM-2 was quite capable. Of course by that time newer fighters arrived at the scene, which were even more capable - but older models were still abundant (on both sides) and FM-2 scored well in air combat against them. 

It is like the illusion that the allied in 1945 were fighting against 109K-4 and 190D9/Ta152 - those were just a small fraction of the enemy fighters force, still largely composed of various 109G’s and radial Fw190. Same goes for Ki84, Ki100, etc at the far east.

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!