Japanese aircraft

Jester986

Believe me, i also wishes very strongly for a A6M!

And ED translating DCSW to japanese means they want to go to the Japan market, and to be successful there is not easy... For that they'd need a product to appeal to the japanese market. Of course a A6M would be perfect so MAYBE that's what they're doing. Fingers crossed. :)

• 1 month later...

It would a crying shame if we're unable to fully implement some of these classic IJN aircraft into DCS. I recently had the pleasure of getting up close to a Ki-100 and it was a really pretty aircraft. Something about that early WWII aesthetic I really love with Japanese aircraft.

The N1K is also a really excellent fighter which would be a great addition.

Boggles the mind that so much information was lost, but I guess Japan was devastated to such a degree from the war that the conservation of doucments pertaining to these aircraft was probably not at the forefront of peoples worries at the time.

• 5 months later...

The first thing we need to have is A4M or A5M to match the I-16. Otherwise, I-16 owners never have a proper opponent.

• Like 1

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 1:00 AM, PLAAF said:

The first thing we need to have is A4M or A5M to match the I-16. Otherwise, I-16 owners never have a proper opponent.

Agreed. I think with the I-16 we need a Khalinin Gol and Spanish civil war map

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:21 AM, Jester986 said:

Which Japanese aircraft do we want for the Pacific? I'm not very well educated on them and aside from the Zero I'm not sure which are most relevant. So to those of you who know, which would be the most important to flesh out the theatre?

Japanese carrier airwings typically consited of

A6M3_Zero_N712Z_1.jpg

Zeros,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxzq_1b5bZ6LB9ThpDa9-

Vals and

Kates 

2013-02-16-13.44.18-1.jpg

Out of these three there are a couple of Zeros flying but only replicas of the last two.

Then the Oscar 

Nakajima_Ki-43-IIa.jpg

and Betty would round out the most important aircraft. 

G4M-45s.jpg

As we have the I-16 I think we need the Nate

Ki-27_2.jpg

or Claude

A5M_Claude.jpg

and a Khalkhin Gol map the real question though is what can we get data for? As I always say give us an AI bird first. 

Add the bacca bomb to my list- it probably won't be flyable 

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 3