[WIP] Antenna elevation issues and TDC shown altitude coverage

Fortinero

We’ve noticed this and will work on it after the holiday.

Thanks, I will keep working on my mission anyway, and hopefully the issue will be solved by the time I get to finish it.

I’m having a blast with this type of missions, since I learned to use the lua-console function of the dcs-bios tool, tough I still need to learn more things, for example I cant adjust the internal lights from within a trigger .. I wanted to do it within the mission, rather than having to ask the player to do it manually :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I just tried the RADAR here again - it's completely FUBAR.

Also, the RWR in SP is completely broken too.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Hello,

Another issue I'm having with the JF-17's radar is that I can enter SAM Mode from RWS, by placing the cursor over the contact and pressing T5, I get this:

rhmyTxk.jpg

my problem is that pressing the Backspace key (that is the default keybinding for S2_Press_Unlock_Target/DGFT_BS_Wide_Narrow_Switch) should unlock the HPT, but it doesn't.

Does the Backspace work for anyone else?

Thanks,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

How's RWR broken? it works fine after the update.

It's been doing some weird things for me. It works, but with some serious glitches.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I hope this is a priority bug to fix.

It makes it pretty hard to use for BVR or searching for targets that you don't know are there.

It's been doing some weird things for me. It works, but with some serious glitches.

Are you able to unlock a target that is currently bugged on SAM mode or locked on STT mode? Chuck's Guide says that S2_Push should unlock the contacts, but it isnt working on my JF-17 :(

Are you able to unlock a target that is currently bugged on SAM mode or locked on STT mode? Chuck's Guide says that S2_Push should unlock the contacts, but it isnt working on my JF-17 :(

Works for me, I lock up in TWS though, and can unlock targets in DTT or TWS. Don't use other modes much.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Works for me, I lock up in TWS though, and can unlock targets in DTT or TWS. Don't use other modes much.

Ahhh .. OK, I was only using RWS mode, and from there got to SAM, DTT and STT sub-modes. Never got to try TWS as I was stuck trying to complete the RWS section of my Tutorial :(

Thanks for your input, will test some more, to see if from TWS it works like the Guide says.

Best regards

That's great cause I was noticing problems described here as well.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

Myself and two of my friends are experiencing the same problem. RWS does not pick up the targets untill they are closer than 15NM which is too late in BVR engagement. TWS does pick up the targets at approx 40NM.

I think with data link, 40NM is good enough. you already know where the targets are through data link. Radar is required only for the missile launch.

But still I think Radar is not working as it Should.

Myself and two of my friends are experiencing the same problem. RWS does not pick up the targets untill they are closer than 15NM which is too late in BVR engagement. TWS does pick up the targets at approx 40NM.

I think with data link, 40NM is good enough. you already know where the targets are through data link. Radar is required only for the missile launch.

But still I think Radar is not working as it Should.

I observed a similar thing. This is a different problem from the elevation bug.

A/A Radar targets not appearing

Hello,

Have you guys experienced the issue if having bandits not appearing on your RADAD MFD although you are scanning the correct elevation?

To my experience, I had to move the radar scan elevation up and down in extreme manner to get the target to appear. Is it a known issue or it's me doing something wrong. Also I'm not a noob by any means.

I created missions where I placed the bandit at optimum altitude, but still couldn't get it on the MFD until I did the trick stated above.

I noticed this issue at once, once the patch was applied, around that date, quite far ago.

But seems it is an "ED side" issue cuz, for such an important missfunction related to A2A intercepts, we are not recieving any response of the devs since almost a month.