[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Mission Card

Wizard_03

You mean MUMI page? Because this is the Hornet's data card.

No, a game GUI that allows you to configure the data card before entering the cockpit.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Got it. So we have that option now?

No, we're waiting for it as Wizard_03 said in his opening post. Check the link he posted for further explanation.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

”We are looking into making mission planner avalible in multiplayer.”

Granted it is nice to have all the aircraft settings configured. But to be able to quickly make flightplan with waypoints and targets is really important, at least on the more progression driven multiplayer servers. Hope this gets prioritized, JF-17 and Viggen are a joy to fly thanks to their

Data Cartridge approach.

In my humble opinion nothing is more important than this to make the Hornet more authentic and immersive, specially for those who fly actual missions and not just death matches on MP. If I were a stakeholder in ED, this is where I'd focus the team's attention. Alas, I'm not... and I'll patiently await its development which doesn't seem to be that important to most here.

In my humble opinion nothing is more important than this to make the Hornet more authentic and immersive, specially for those who fly actual missions and not just death matches on MP. If I were a stakeholder in ED, this is where I'd focus the team's attention. Alas, I'm not... and I'll patiently await its development which doesn't seem to be that important to most here.

I would say this is especially important for public MP missions, as you usally have to create flight plans and stuff by yourself there. And it's not just important for the Hornet, but for alle aircraft that make use of data cards (Viper, Warthog, Viggen, ...).

Tornado3 small.jpg

Would be good to have multiple presets, and the ability to select from those before starting a mission without going into the options.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

And I hope those mission data option are just readable text files which can be accessed through external software (example: CombatFlite).

Some other inputs.

• Import/Export function
  • Load Profile
  • Save Profile
  • Mission & Waypoint Planner

And all should be accessible from the Role Selection Screen. All Airframes should get this at a basic form (Mission & Waypoint Planner). The rest should be dependend on Cartridge Capabilities of the specific Airframe.

Let's hope for some news soon :)

• Thanks 1

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

”We are looking into making mission planner avalible in multiplayer.”

Granted it is nice to have all the aircraft settings configured. But to be able to quickly make flightplan with waypoints and targets is really important, at least on the more progression driven multiplayer servers. Hope this gets prioritized, JF-17 and Viggen are a joy to fly thanks to their

Data Cartridge approach.

Couldn't agree more, also very importantly setting the countermesures program, me and I would guess most people almost always use it on bypass because configuring everythig on the DDI every flight is just a pain

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Well, both the F-16 and F-18 have countermeasure files you can setup. So those are already covered. ;-)

F/A-18c

"C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua"

Same file works for the F-16c as well. Just copy it over.

Btw, the App "CombatFlite" has a GUI for this CMS Settings ;)

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR

Well, both the F-16 and F-18 have countermeasure files you can setup. So those are already covered. ;-)

F/A-18c

"C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\TEWS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua"

Same file works for the F-16c as well. Just copy it over.

Btw, the App "CombatFlite" has a GUI for this CMS Settings ;)

The F-16 has had its own file for a while now and it's different, since you have burst and sequences in the F-16.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah I'd love to see this implemented 2 different ways..

A set of default paramaters, that you can select when contacting the ground crew like you can change skins. I.e. A/A-1 or A/G-1 could be different sets of pre-sets.

Secondly a DTC functionality like the JF17 has for loading way-points (or lets face it something better than that, its still kludgy).

And finally last minute weapon parameters set on the ground like laser codes, Burst heights for CBU munitions, etc.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The F-16 has had its own file for a while now and it's different, since you have burst and sequences in the F-16.

Thanks for the heads up. Was able to find it :)

"C:\Program Files\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\Cockpit\Scripts\EWS\CMDS\device\CMDS_ALE47.lua"

I know there's third party programs available, But we need an in game solution. This aspect of mission planning, and aircraft configuration is a HUGE part of modern combat aviation. That should be represented in DCS itself.

I'm concerned this has become something of an afterthought, with many users and third party project aircraft creating their own methods of data upload. I just think that for us to have a realistic simulation of the hornet or any other modern jet, data cartridges and pre-configured aircraft are an essential element. The focus of late has been on more game-play content, But IMO this a core part of the experience for many of the modern jets in DCS, and is not represented well or at all atm.

It's sorta like how they're improving communications for MP in game. Because that's something that we really shouldn't have to figure out for ourselves. This is the same principle.

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey DCS team.  While your waiting to release the ability to flight plan i.e. plan missions with coordinates, Pre Planned, loadouts for single and multiplayer missions is there a way you can temporarily explain how it is done, or maybe allow a KML file, maybe even a JSON file to be uploaded as an option?  I really liked the snapshot progress click hereI found in a thread, but would like to be able to plan with less in game preflight i e punch in a ton of coordinates.  I have created something of sorts to help with fuel planning https://sites.google.com/view/fa-18c-flight-planner/home . My planner helps with fuel planning and loadout trim planning, but still does nothing for in game autonomous use.  I do know that a couple files like the GeoJSON or KML might be able to eliminate some of the time struggle if incorporated.  Thanks for your time.

Edited by timothyboss

• 9 months later...