INS alignment resets when knob placed to NORM from STOR HDG.

alexej21

Hi,

I always wonder how fast you need to rotate the switch from INS STOR HDG to NORM to avoid reset and aligment again.

There is no way to switch directly from STOR HDG to NAV.

Now the change log says: INS alignment resets when knob placed to NORM from STOR HDG.

????

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

I do it in about a second, two quick clicks and it seems to work fine...

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

so does the stored align now end at "10"?

in the old procedure, the count down stopped at 10 in stored. you would then switch it to "norm" and it would continue to 6 (complete align).

with the new procedure i can not get it to go beyond 10 and the "align" on the HUD never flashes when complete.

am i doing something wrong?

The <10 status number isn't available in stored heading align. You need to do an IA or EIA to get down to 6. Be aware that alignment status codes don't indicate all alignment information, e.g. a stored heading "10" isn't as good as a normal align "10" or an IA "6" as good as an EIA "6."

so basically as long as you dont do very alignment sensitive stuff like dropping JDAMS you should be fine with Stored HDG.

Well and since we dont have JDAMS currently....

As far as i can tell from a few tests the missalignment isnt that big of a deal for the current state of the Module, because with every AG Weapon so far you just need to come close to your destination, rest is done manually via TGP for example.