A-A Radar PDI

Habu_69

A-A radar OSB 1 controls the Pulse Repetition Frequency, but occasionally I find the letters PDI at OSB1, for some reason I have not been able to determine. In that case neither OSB 1 nor manipulating the other radar functions permit changing the PDI indication and I believe the radar designation mechanism becomes non-functional. Can anyone shed light on what I am experiencing?

PDI stands for Pulse Doppler Illumination, it's a mode that the radar enters in order to guide the AIM-7. You probably only get it if you have the AIM-7 selected, but I'm not sure it's supposed to be accessible via the OSB. You should be able to exit once you switch AA weapons.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

PDI stands for Pulse Doppler Illumination, it's a mode that the radar enters in order to guide the AIM-7. You probably only get it if you have the AIM-7 selected, but I'm not sure it's supposed to be accessible via the OSB. You should be able to exit once you switch AA weapons.

Situation occurred with only AIM-9X and AIM-120C loaded. Reportable bug?

Situation occurred with only AIM-9X and AIM-120C loaded. Reportable bug?
Did you happen to select the Sparrow regardless, with Weapon Select Forward? If so, the jet doesn't care if you have any on board, you're still in AIM-7 mode.

If that wasn't the case and you can reproduce it, then yeah, I'd say so.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Have this issue also on some MP with air spawn. At spawn in, I select aim9 (only ordonnance on pylons anyway) and the radar pop up on right ddi with PDI mode on. I need to cycle to guns then back to aim9 to get out of it.

Does not happen everytime but quite often indeed.

In SP, there is no issue.

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

Have this issue also on some MP with air spawn. At spawn in, I select aim9 (only ordonnance on pylons anyway) and the radar pop up on right ddi with PDI mode on. I need to cycle to guns then back to aim9 to get out of it.

Does not happen everytime but quite often indeed.

In SP, there is no issue.

My experience is indeed in MP, but with cold start. I have found that cycling AA weapons reverts OSB 1 to PRF. Will test further and report bug if appropriate. Appreciate advice.