All I can say is Wow!

TWC_Alamo

Baltic Dragon:

Wow!

Well maybe to expand a little on that: I have never had as much fun doing the DCS Training Missions as with the ones for the Harrier. I bought the AV8B when it first came out but put it aside after seeing how incomplete it was and how "ham handed" I was handling it. Coming back to it two years later is almost like having Christmas all over again and discovery your training missions is making it much easier than the first time with only a few Youtube videos to watch.

Just a couple of comments after a few days working my way through the missions. I have just completed M09, so I still have several more to go.

(1.) The night missions really makes the Harrier shine. :huh: However the white narrative text makes do them difficult in VR. For instance in the night version of M07, it is like having a 1000 watt spot light shinning in your face while trying to see the KC130 and drogue. Although the text is up and to the right, it is so bright it cause all kind of reflection in the HMD. I assume there is no way to dim the text. Would it be possible to have a F10 menu option to toggle on/off the text?

(2.) After going through a training mission a number of times, I would like to be able to repeat the mission on my own without the narration and prompting. Could that also be an F10 menu option to run the mission without the instructor? If that would make them too complicated to program, another option would be to provide a "solo" version of the missions as INSTANT ACTION. This would definitely improve the quantity and quality of the IA missions for the Harrier.

Thank you for this outstanding set of missions. I agree with others who have said these are the absolutely best training mission in the whole DCS fleet.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Thanks for the kind words! Affraid I can’t do much about the brightness, maybe the mod could help. As for free flight versions - you mean having the kneeboard and settings available but no instructor? It would be doable but also quite time consuming, I cannot promise anything now, as I have a lot of projects on my plate, but perhaps later on I could add it.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 months later...

I agree the training missions are top notch for the Harrier, excellent work. Only thing I had an issue with was the usual disappearing text before I could find what I was looking for, although it was much better than the F18 missions.

Also had an issue with the waypoint offset part of the Nav training. Is it possible to scroll the moving map around? I couldn't locate the offset point. I may have missed how to do that.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

I found doing the training missions + mapping HOTAS controls is easier for me in non-VR mode.

+1 Yes, unfortunately, the cockpit highlight is far too big on VR and totally obscures the control or switch that is being highlighted. So, training is best in 2D rather than VR.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...

These missions are very good! Very useful.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."