Supercarrier and F-14?

bell_rj

Dont try to frame HB for this mess.

<stuff>

Why do I care? Friend of mine flies the tomcat and preordered it due to having no reason to assume anything but integration.

+1

While I am STILL convinced this is a non-issue I completely agree with your sentiments. Even the <stuff> bit.

Had there been any question in my mind that the Supercarrier wouldn't work with the F-14 I wouldn't have bought it as I own the F-14 and not the F-18.

If there was any question about this then they should have only sold it to people who own the 18.

HB is a great team and I am confident it will be supported - just Wags saying things that are not exactly so again - like saying that they were "extremely careful not to make it seem like any of the things in the 2020 post were coming in 2020" and you can quote at least a dozen statements of things coming in 2020 in that post.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The most serious problem raised in this topic is the fact that only F-14 owners who have already purchased a Supercarrier feel cheated.

I belong to them too, especially since I violated my rule of not buying unfinished products. Unfortunately, I was disappointed 6 hours after buying, and the ED return policy will not return my money.

There would be no problem if the update on the store's website that would not mislead customers. That's my suggestion.

How does the store look now:

WjTwEdw.jpg

as it should:

I2vyg9n.jpg

• ED Team
+1

While I am STILL convinced this is a non-issue I completely agree with your sentiments. Even the <stuff> bit.

Had there been any question in my mind that the Supercarrier wouldn't work with the F-14 I wouldn't have bought it as I own the F-14 and not the F-18.

If there was any question about this then they should have only sold it to people who own the 18.

HB is a great team and I am confident it will be supported - just Wags saying things that are not exactly so again - like saying that they were "extremely careful not to make it seem like any of the things in the 2020 post were coming in 2020" and you can quote at least a dozen statements of things coming in 2020 in that post.

We have every confidence that HB will be able to integrate their F-14 into our development version to allow us to support the Tomcat on Supercarrier. They wish and plan to do this, and this is why our video developer felt confident enough to include it in a video. In fact, we already have all the voice over files to support it. When we say we don't know yet, it is only because it is not done at this time, certainly not indication that it will not be done.

Once we have new news on this, we'll be happy to share it with you.

Thanks

We have every confidence that HB will be able to integrate their F-14 into our development version to allow us to support the Tomcat on Supercarrier. They wish and plan to do this, and this is why our video developer felt confident enough to include it in a video. In fact, we already have all the voice over files to support it. When we say we don't know yet, it is only because it is not done at this time, certainly not indication that it will not be done.

Thanks

Will this be a good time to also discuss your plans to support the jump jets? Since Razbam is working on Sea Harrier and the Night Attack Harrier already exists. Will there be animated crew support for those simulated with these ships?

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

• ED Team
Will this be a good time to also discuss your plans to support the jump jets? Since Razbam is working on Sea Harrier and the Night Attack Harrier already exists. Will there be animated crew support for those simulated with these ships?

This is not planned, our focus is on aircraft that deploy from a Nimitz-class carrier.

I cannot speak to 3rd party carrier efforts.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks Wags, that clears everything up.

I don't even understand why this thread is still open. Cobra already said this morning that they are already working on getting the Tomcat into ED's dev build, and there's still almost 3 months until the release time frame is up. People just love to complain and cry without having all the details.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I don't even understand why this thread is still open. Cobra already said this morning that they are already working on getting the Tomcat into ED's dev build, and there's still almost 3 months until the release time frame is up. People just love to complain and cry without having all the details.

Then stop complaining and let people do whatever they feel like to satisfy their curiosity.

This thread is still open because "We don't know yet" was an open answer until Wags clearified things now. To be honest, he should have said that from the start if he already knew all that. It caused so much panic which could have been avoided by simply stating that they are already developing functions to support F-14.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Then stop complaining and let people do whatever they feel like to satisfy their curiosity.

This thread is still open because "We don't know yet" was an open answer until Wags clearified things now. To be honest, he should have said that from the start if he already knew all that. It caused so much panic which could have been avoided by simply stating that they are already developing functions to support F-14.

Habemus Papam :

F-18 full implemented...obviously

F-14 work in progress ( thank ED and HB ) then I will purchased its

AV-8 at moment and maybe in the future not implemented.

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I appreciate that OP of this thread asked this question since people assume too much
Thank you. While I regret that it has caused so much concern, I have learnt one thing in my professional IT career which is never assume anything! Like all those concerned I only want the best for us and a working F-14 Supercarrier combo is top of that list alongside the Heatblur Forrestral carrier, which I am also very excited about.

PC specs:

This is not planned, our focus is on aircraft that deploy from a Nimitz-class carrier.

Thanks

I guess the real question here is, what is there that needs to be “supported” for the different aircraft? Is it just decorations like the crew, or is it any actual functionality — trapping, spawning, rearming etc.?

How much difference is there in this module compared to how carriers already work in terms of being mobile nav beacons, warehouse rearm points, and landing/TO spots in general? If the base is all the same, is it reasonable to assume that those basic functions won't actually change all that much for existing aircraft, and it's just the new stuff that may not interact well? Or is it all new so even something as simple as pulling up the rearm menu won't work as expected unless new hooks are used?

There are quite a few layers and definitions of “work” at play here as far as answering the question as to whether any given unit will “work” with the updated carriers.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

This is not planned, our focus is on aircraft that deploy from a Nimitz-class carrier. [...]

Hello Wags,

did you consider to at least enable unsupported aircraft to land, repair and fly off, without the "special features"?

I think it would be good, if carrier ATC would have some generic voicelines to talk to uncommon planes and helicopters. I don't mean specific procedures, or specific callouts, but simply a way to generically adress all uncommon types (the way that airfield ATC is type agnostic).

I would like to land my warbirds on the carrier (and take off again), others will want to use their Huey or maybe just do an emergency landing with whatever type of plane.

It would be good, if this was supported on a minimal level, without specific procedures and without specific crew animation.

Hello Wags is it related to this?

I really hope ED & HB can work it out, it would benefit everyone & future 3:rd party Naval-airplanes :thumbup:.

not related.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks

Hi Wags,

Is the super carrier built on a new kind of generic carrier API that other devs will be able to use/benefit from? (i.e. Razbam/tarawa).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you got to integrate every single module to other modules (or even don't when 3rd party says no...) on various maps, making updates, adapt all modules to core update because something breaks and.... omg my head explodes.

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

To land the F-14 on the new Supercarrier, you will have to penetrate it's formidable defenses, including the new Arleigh Burke, and bomb it into submission with at least 3 bomb hits before the ATC will clear you to land. You will then be able to plant your own flag, a HB-fashioned Jolly Roger, on it ONLY after catching a 3-wire and then you can land there from now on. /s

:D

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Hang on - so the ~$40 super carrier module will ONLY launch f18's (which isnt even a finished module) and the F14 MAY be implemented, no plans for the harrier, and there are no naval helicopters.

When you lay it all out, it sounds kinda bad- doesn't it?

Well, most f18 owners that pre-order are paying 25 for it from ED or less if they have miles.

Steam guys, will hopefully get something even if they can't pre-order it for whatver reason.

And since its a nimitz class carrier, no harriers were operated from them for any real purpose. And since we have no naval helos in game... But I'm sure you can land both helos and harriers on the carrier. You also get the new Kuz, and SU-33 as well as the burke.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well now I wonder if the "Crew Pack" is a separate module to the "Super Carrier" or will it be included. Because they talk about static crew and animated crew in the link posted by Larkis one page 1.

Edited by Funkysak

"Now how do I land this thing?" *Sound of pages turning*

It is simple, If you do not own either F/A-18 and or F-14 then this module is of no actual use to you other than look pretty. It was developed with F/A-18 in mind primarily so expect full support for it and F-14 is compatible with the help from Heatblur.

Jump jets and helos can probably land on it like any other free carrier but no real simulation provided for them.

Edited by Terrorban
Typos

Well, the Tomcat is a completely different generation of aircraft so it would probably require a whole different method and interaction with the carrier. I am sure that people can just hook to them or launch like any other "basic" carrier but fully simulated and interactive landing or launching is a very different story.

From ED's response it seems like Heatblur needs to do more work to get it fully compatible with this module. Heatblur were probably busy developing simulation with their carrier so this just adds more work on their plate. Especially if they were coding or developing separate method of interaction between F-14 and the Forrestal carrier.

Let us hope it all works out in the end but I am still holding off on my purchase of the supercarrier until it is very clear what we are getting.

The F-14 uses the exact same launch method as all new aircraft since the late 60s. The F-14 was never a bridle launched aircraft.The launchbar holdback method is still in use today.

US Navy AT3 VA-105, VFA-105, VFA-106, VS-27

1987-1997 A-7E, F/A-18A-D , S-3B.