Ask CA ANG F-16 Pilots Questions!

MrAMRAAM

Hi there, community!

I am currently figuring out an interview with CA ANG Pilots flying the F-16Cs leased from South Dakota.

Hit me with your Q&A Questions!

Current questions we already have gotten

What is it like to be some of the last ANG Pilots still flying F-16s?

Is there much of a rivalry between you and the F-15C pilots of the Guard?

How many of them fly commercial simulators in their free time. Do they use DCS for entertainment or training?

Why doesn’t the March Detachment use F-15Cs like the rest of the guard instead of the F-16s?

F-16 Driver Wannabe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi there, community!

I am currently figuring out an interview with CA ANG Pilots flying the F-16Cs leased from South Dakota.

Hit me with your Q&A Questions!

Current questions we already have gotten

What is it like to be some of the last ANG Pilots still flying F-16s?

Is there much of a rivalry between you and the F-15C pilots of the Guard?

How many of them fly commercial simulators in their free time. Do they use DCS for entertainment or training?

Why doesn’t the March Detachment use F-15Cs like the rest of the guard instead of the F-16s?

Please ensure the "Pilot" knows what he/she is talking about so you don't end up like the Grim Reapers ground crew interview where the first guy claim that

(completely wrong) or the one that said:
( which is also wrong).

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

can you ask him how ground handling is with jets? especially during take off and landing do they have to fight with rudder to not to end up leaving runways from the sides like we do in dcs

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

can you ask him how ground handling is with jets? especially during take off and landing do they have to fight with rudder to not to end up leaving runways from the sides like we do in dcs

+1

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

Hi, I also have a question:

Is the change of lift really that strong that we encounter when rising the gear at 180 knots after lift-off? In DCS the aircraft dives VERY hard (nose down moment) after this action ...

Thanks! :)

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Is the change of lift really that strong that we encounter when rising the gear at 180 knots after lift-off? In DCS the aircraft dives VERY hard (nose down moment) after this action ...

Not sure how accurate it is in DCS, but raising the gear early has cause accidents in the past

https://www.torch.aetc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/365131/jets-landing-gear-retracts-on-runway/

From the early access manual, page 95

Ensure a positive rate of climb is established and raise the landing gear. The trailing edge flaps retract at the

same time as the landing gear and may cause the aircraft to settle and scrape the runway when lift is lost.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Not sure how accurate it is in DCS, but raising the gear early has cause accidents in the past

https://www.torch.aetc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/365131/jets-landing-gear-retracts-on-runway/

From the early access manual, page 95

This same incident happened at Clark Air Base R.P. in 1982 or 1983. I watched it happen when I was doing an F-4G engine run on the trim pad.

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

The F-16 dives because as soon as you raise the landing gear the flaps retract as well, you can keep them manually extended from a switch on the left console towards the back!

what's the common technique on final during landing: keep the E-bracket in place using the stick, and control FPV with power or vice versa (or none of these) ?

thanks.

I'd be interested to see what the ANG pilot was taught, but my brother was taught FPV with Stick and E-Bracket with throttle on the Vipers in Denmark. Also FPV aligned with top of E-bracket on approach so when you flare the FPV drops to the middle of the E-bracket.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Please ensure the "Pilot" knows what he/she is talking about so you don't end up like the Grim Reapers ground crew interview where the first guy claim that
(completely wrong) or the one that said:
( which is also wrong).

AMEN to that Brother!:pilotfly:

220, 229, Whatever it takes!

Anyone got a line on a good PC for DCS that is Y3K Compliant?

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd be interested to see what the ANG pilot was taught, but my brother was taught FPV with Stick and E-Bracket with throttle on the Vipers in Denmark. Also FPV aligned with top of E-bracket on approach so when you flare the FPV drops to the middle of the E-bracket.

thanks for sharing that insider info, deano!

that's what i thought, but then i found the other way around (keep upper E-bracket horizontal line aligned with the -2.5° pitch line on the RWY threshold, and simply control FPV with power) much easier. so i was wondering, if this could be a valid real-life technique, or just something that coincidentally happens to work in a sim...

thanks

hilok

• 1 month later...

Isn't that just the flight computer switching between the 'wheels out, im probably landing/taking off' to the 'the wheels are in lets go sicko' Modes..?