LGB help

CBenson89

Is there a reason why my laser guided bombs would be repeatedly landing next to targets and not on the targets? I will be dropping 500 pound LGBs from between 15-20K feet and the bombs a lot of the time will land close to where I’m lasing, close enough that eventually the targets catch on fire and are destroyed but they aren’t direct impacts. I have my auto lase on and set for 12 seconds before impact and I’m not moving my TGP. I always drop in point mode on the TGP not area, any guidance would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't use point track, use area. If there's wind give it about a 1 foot per knot upwind shift. Make sure your maneuvering during lasing doesn't mask the pod and that your slant range isn't too great. If the distance is too much the laser spot is midair and the bomb does dumb stuff as it flies by.

Watch a track from your bomb's point of view (F6) and it's best if the bomb is stabilized more or less pointed at the target before the laser is acquired. If the bomb swings in and just catches the edge of the seeker FOV you can get a really wobbly bomb especially if the bomb airspeed is low.

Usually Paveway accuracy isn't too hard. Is your miss a consistent direction or not? Is it short/long/lateral?