T-50CM2 non-symetrical CAM behavior?

THXT01A

I'd like to say that from my experience, this seems to be an issue with cams in general, though to different degrees depending on the product. I had the same issue with the VKB T Rudder Mk. IV:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2656&p=26547#p26547

Even the Slaw pedals has the same asymmetrical feeling, but requires that the spring force be set pretty high for it to be noticeable.

The higher the spring force, the more noticeable the offset behavior is. I think this is why Baur designed his products with mirrored cams, so that the asymmetry is cancelled out.

• 1 month later...

I also have the problem with asymmetrical distribution of forces.

Written in this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4263392#post4263392

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 2 weeks later...

There are two solutions:

go WarBRD way with dual cams per axis or switch places between roller and cam. Cam goes on gimbal and roller goes on a pivoted lever. That way point of contact is always the same distance from pivot point, ergo, cam can be mirrored.

MFG Crosswind is made that way and there is no asymmetrical force.

That way point of contact is always the same distance from pivot point, ergo, cam can be mirrored.

MFG Crosswind is made that way and there is no asymmetrical force.

On the MFG cam aren't symmetrical.

If you think you can build yourself a CAM, IT is impossible without a proper drawings. You need to know quite a lot of

parameters, and even if you know all that you would probably end up building something that you don't like in the

end. First of all – cam profile is not symetrical. If it is symetrical it will not deliver same amount of force for left and

right movement !!!

https://mfg-sim.com/download/CAM_Presentation.pdf

On the MFG cam aren't symmetrical.

https://mfg-sim.com/download/CAM_Presentation.pdf

You're correct, my bad. I just had a look. Reason for that is position of cam regarding pivot point of it's carrier. Cam is mounted in front, so there is still some movement sideways. If it's mounted so that center is on pivot point, there would be almost no side movement.

Speaking of this, I do realize it's all just me talking BS. Virpil already produces dual cam base, it would be no brainer to do the same for CM2 base. CM3 maybe?

While WarBRD doesn't have this problem the cam profile could also be changed. This asymmetry is only apparent in the soft center avasim cams. The cam profile can overcome the position of the rollers. Literally one side of the cam needs to be shortened. It's just a calculation error in the cam design. It seems to be only a mistake made on the no center AVAsim cam as the other 3 cams do not show this flaw. Thus you can't say it's a flaw in a single cam or other design features.

I've had both bases and I do think the WarBRD base is the best, it has more deflection and with the new extra heavy springs nearly the same forces. The

OP says it's no center avia cam, so it is a problem with more than soft center cams.

On the bright side, on Virpil forum Cypher has responded, asking for more info, so.....

I don't really care that Virpil made a mistake, it happens. What bothers me is that Virpil seems to be slow to respond to problems. For that reason I missed buying session two days ago. I have 1000 € waiting to be spent.

• 2 weeks later...

I got exactly the same issue, if I knew about it I'd have bought the wrbrd instead....:mad:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

OP says it's no center avia cam, so it is a problem with more than soft center cams.

On the bright side, on Virpil forum Cypher has responded, asking for more info, so.....

I don't really care that Virpil made a mistake, it happens. What bothers me is that Virpil seems to be slow to respond to problems. For that reason I missed buying session two days ago. I have 1000 € waiting to be spent.

Admiki-- Can you post the link with Cypher's response? I was the OP and would be happy to assist with more info.

Virpil replied to my ticket stating that "most likely" I should receive soon new cams , as soon as mechanics will figure out how to solve the issue".

Regards.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I too just bought the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base and the push-pull forces are noticeably different and difficult to fly with. I've started a ticket with Virpil....really hope they can come up with a solution.

In the mean time, what's the consensus on the best (least affected) cam at the moment ? Save me some fiddling time...

I'm using the one it came with - Av soft center with 10 cm extension and the different forces are very noticeable

• 3 weeks later...