Help setting up a viper

what thrustmaster exactly? It's possible that nosewheel steering (assuming you ment that) is automatically set to the right index finger on the stick instead of the pinky button. This is also the way it is in the real jet.

If your pedals move when the stick is moved, check your axis bindings in the corresponding tab in the viper controls.

Check my F-15C guide

I’m needing something similar for taxing use a button as a modifier then the roll axis as the control but when the modifier button isn’t pressed it just a roll axis. Can this be done?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I’m needing something similar for taxing use a button as a modifier then the roll axis as the control but when the modifier button isn’t pressed it just a roll axis. Can this be done?

Yes you just need to define the modifier button first, altho this will stop it being used for any other function. Unless you use the TARGET software with a Timed press. I remember having something similar for my TrackIR center.

So if I tapped the paddle switch it would center TrackIR, if I pressed and hold it it would act as the normal paddle switch in game (Auto pilot override etc.).

If I remember rightly I also had the same set up for the pinkie switch so that it would act as Shift if held down for more then 0.8sec.

I don't use TARGET anymore as with DCS I don't find I generally need to. This was more for BMS set up back in the day.

Sorry I don't have the coding to hand but what you are asking for can be done.

Personally, I would use the CMS (thumb switch on the stick) depress as a modifier as its not used in the real jet, but was added in on the A-10. Then you can bind that + any axis to make it move your rudder.