Newcomer to Lomac

Hi all, I'm Money, a newcomer to Lomac, just got my Mac Pro set up with WinXP and got it installed and working. I have lots of experience in combat sims, but all on Mac. I have only installed vanilla versions of Gold, consisting of lomac and lomacFC, no updates yet. Can anyone give me any advice on how to update, any helpful hints, and last but not least and definitely most important, how to fly online!!! Any help is greatly appreciated in advance...

Money

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Hi all, I'm Money, a newcomer to Lomac, just got my Mac Pro set up with WinXP and got it installed and working. I have lots of experience in combat sims, but all on Mac. I have only installed vanilla versions of Gold, consisting of lomac and lomacFC, no updates yet. Can anyone give me any advice on how to update, any helpful hints, and last but not least and definitely most important, how to fly online!!! Any help is greatly appreciated in advance...

Money

Nice to meet You. What is the Mac Pro set up. Is it the Mac G5, G6? It has Intel processor and installing WinXP is very simple without using any emulators - am I right? Pitty that Motorola has stopped their developement and Apple had to go for Intel instead...

Welcome..

But let me warn you..

Dont give up when they shot you down like a duck (and they will.. believe me..experience talking here :) ) for next few weeks, or even months..There are some mean pilots out there in servers and some of them have amazing virtual flight hours and skills with all kinds of aircrafts :)

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

Welcome!

Ironhand has a great site with lots of tutorials.

http://flankertraining.com/ironhand/index.html

His training tracks help me a great deal.

Intel Xeon E5-1650 v2

ASUS Sabertooth X79

4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix VLP PC3-12800

ASUS Cerberus GTX 1070 Ti 8 Gb

Seasonic Platinum 860W

Thrustmaster Cougar Uber II Nxt

CH Products PT/TQ/MFP

Slaw Pedals

TrackIR 5

Thanks for the welcome.

Poko - Mac Pro uses Apple BootCamp to assist with installing WinXP, no more G series processors anymore, my comp has 2 3.0Ghz quad-core processors with 3GB memory and 256mb Nvidia card. Lomac in original install form seems to fly very well with almost everything set at high...

Yeniceri- I expect to get shot down many times early on as I am new to THIS sim, but I have well over 1500 hours (could be way more, but system reinstalls back in the day made me lose alot of pilots logs) of flight time logged in mac version of Falcon 4, about 2/3rds of that time is online flight, as well as several hundred in Targetware's various mods, not to mention the old Hornet 2,3 and Korea Gold (at least 1000 hrs there).

I learned one thing about flying online. Fly offline for at least a 100 hours and learn your plane before you ever step foot on the virtual battlefield. When I do go online, i shall be prepared :). So far Ive done about 100 touch and goes in the F-15 and been practicing my low-speed manuevering.

I have always done extremely well in online air to air combat in all the other sims, and I expect to do the same here.

One question, in offline air to air refuelling, after I disconnect from the tanker, some kind of autopilot seems to retain control of my plane, how to I stop that?

Money

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

Ive read the manual and cant find anything concerning changing into different HUD modes such as TAS or GAS for airspeed and from barometric to radar altimeter. I also cant find anything concerning air to air refuelling. Is there any add on documentation files or hidden key commands for these? Thanks in advance.

Money