Feedback

Hey guys, just thought I'd share some feedback on the campaign so far.

The campaign flows well with a good overriding story, and the voice-overs and scripts are great. Everything works as it should, even though I'll admit that the first time I was asked to do a ground power start and manual INS alignment I freaked out a little (even after seeing that it was coming in the brief)!

I'm up to mission 4 now after completing 1-3 and have found the campaign interesting, if a little information-heavy.

Briefings are very detailed, and there are certainly lots and lots of kneeboard pages to tell you everything that you'd ever need to know, but I've actually found these to be more of a distraction when trying to flick through them to find something specific, and there's a lot of info that doesn't necessarily need to be there at your fingertips when you're in the air, but could still be called upon from the briefing images.

The biggest thing for me though is that I expected a bit more training information rather than just a series of tests. Maybe that will come, probably I just didn't read the description properly on the purchase page on the store. There are of course the threat profiles, but the counter-tactics provided for ALL of the adversaries state "Jam the radar, pre-emptive chaff and flares then within visual, 2D or 3D manoeuvre, but nothing about the actual aircraft or its weaknesses that could be exploited.

I personally was hoping for a briefing about how to fight an adversary, what weaknesses to look for, and what to avoid doing, rather than just being thrust into 3, 1 on 1 guns flights on my first outing.

For example, something along the lines of

"Your first adversary is the F-5E Tiger II. The Tiger II is a high-performance multipurpose tactical fighter with a primary mission of air superiority. It has two afterburning General Electric J85-GE-21 engines providing supersonic flight capability but is lightweight, very reliable, and designed to be cheap to maintain.

Whilst the F-5E can be highly maneuverable and can achieve supersonic flight, its engines don't produce enough power to sustain airspeed with high G loading, it's relatively slow to accelerate in comparison to your Hornet, and at lower airspeeds, its maneuvering performance rapidly degrades below 300 knots"

Hey, maybe that's a scope for a new campaign ;)

Just my 2 cents, off for mission 4 now

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the feedback!

To set some context...

We have great respect and admiration for the Aggressor squadrons and our research taught us that they seek out the very best Sierra Hotel pilots and focus on providing the best Opfor for training the Blue Air forces.

So your role for this campaign is as a newly recruited experienced Sierra Hotel pilot who is already familiar with BFM techniques and is proving his mettle in front of his new squad mates.

It didn't make sense to us that they would be presenting BFM training to an experienced pilot expected to be flying as an Aggressor.

Now we did get the cart before the horse as logically there would be a BFM training campaign for newly minted nuggets who could aspire to be an Aggressor pilot once they complete their training and get some experience.

However, we felt this design was more true to the Aggressor credo and we will look to future campaigns to provide a more detailed BFM and ACM training experience for the Hornet.

Can you still learn some things about BFM with this campaign? Yes, certainly as each encounter can play out differently depending on your approach and you learn the strengths and weaknesses of the other aircraft and what techniques work and which don't.

As to why the wealth of briefing information in the kneeboard - this was to support VR users and also to not break the immersion by having Non-VR users bring up the briefing screens while flying. We noticed that the kneeboard pages are also displaying on the in cockpit pilot bodies legs which is very cool (OpenBeta).

We want our campaign missions to be enjoyable, challenging and with high re-playability so users can go back to them and retest or improve their skillset time and time again.

If there is anything we can improve or change, please let us know and we will consider it.

Thanks.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates