F4 PHANTOM

thaihorse

Hi. Don't exactly where to post this but the reason Im posting is just to make a suggestion. I would like to see a simulation for the F4 phantom some day. Your list of planes wouldn't be complete without this beloved and classic design. And while youre at it I would also like to see a complete model of the AH64 Apache helicopter. It would be great to see these soon. Thanks.

• Like 4

Try the wishlist subforum under the 2.5 forum. Also F-4 was being worked on but it got put on indefinite hold. There was an attempt a long time ago to do an Ah-64 but news on it stopped and we haven't heard anything official. Unofficially it seems like they still want to do one but there is some sort of roadblock. Either module is years away.

Yeah it was supposed to be next. But bumped for some more eagerly anticipated module. Hopefully a decent 4th gen russian plane that rhymes with wanker.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

postponed for unknown period. don't wait for it

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Yeah it was supposed to be next. But bumped for some more eagerly anticipated module. Hopefully a decent 4th gen russian plane that rhymes with wanker.

:megalol:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

:megalol:

:megalol::megalol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

That whole thing was confusing. They never said if they were talking about an undisclosed module or one they were already talking about. From how I remember it he could of been talking about the P-47.

You'd think with having their very own carrier module, having more possible modules to interact with it, such as a F-4J series Phantom, would be planned. Not sure if any of the TR subclass carriers had Phantoms on them, but the earlier ones did.

Perfect chance to re-package the current/soon to be old Stennis into a re-branded Nimitz/Phantom package to open 2022 with.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

+1000, DCS F-4E really needs to be a thing. I don't really understand why the big push for the forth gens. Without full fidelity 4th gen Russian counterparts the online arena is crippled. But F-4s , F-14s, A-7s, A-6s, F-15As, Ah-1Qs, tangling with Mig-21, 23,25s, Su-17s, and Mi-24s now that would have been interesting. Lots of FOX1 and FOX2 action. Lots of getting in close for CAS. But I'm off topic, the F-4E needs to be taken off the back burner.

• Like 1

Last I heard about the F-4 was that work had began on its development but it was put on hold to do the F-16 first since there had been a huge crying/demand for the Falcon. Eagle Dynamic said they would pick back up development once they got the F-16 and F/A-18 squared away along with other projects in development like the P-47 and and Mi-24. By the way the particular model that was in development was the F-4E.

https://belsimtek.com/news/1787/

Edited by Evoman

Yes, I would love an F-4, especially the carrier version. And as another user mentioned, we need a dcs vietnam to go along with it: map, units, missions, skins, and of course a dynamic campaign.

Dcs should focus on Vietnam era once it gets the 18 and 16 completed. It's the best way to move forward given protected info surrounding many 4th gen aircraft and obviously 5th gen.

Edit: think of all the aircraft yet to be made that are from that era and which could be used in a Vietnam map. Aside from several migs for redfor, bluefor has F-4, F-8, A-7, A-6, A-1E, FU?? The corsair... , and ED could license the community A-4 and finish fleshing it out.

When was the ah-64 first flown? Near the end of Vietnam or after? You might be able to stuff the apache in there too

Edited by Relic

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Well crap. Oh well, tons of other awesome stuff to fill a dcs nam :D

Yea, the uh-1 was there to put big smoking holes in stuff before the ah64 came around

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Yea, the uh-1 was there to put big smoking holes in stuff before the ah64 came around

The Ah-1. Although there was a UH-1 that had 4 flex mounted M-60s, rocket pods, and a freaking 40mm grande launcher on its nose. And do not forget the Loch. Vietnam would be cool beyond belief. Back when you could actually put fly a missile.

Yea, i meant ah-1, forum posting by phone presents its own challenges, yet the uh1 -starting with b&c models - also work, but without the "attack chopper look"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Look on the plus side, these last few releases have really raised the bar in fidelity and quality. There's plenty of SME's for them with great published information, as the sim building steam roller gets its gears in full motion we should end up with far higher quality early gen builds as a result. Success on one end normally transmits to the other.

From my viewpoint the frequency of releases has really picked up steam, thinking we're on the hi side of complexity, there's a great chance the gravy days are coming for the early stuff as a flood. We'll soon see it in how WWII kicks off with a proper map or two with a couple more airframes.

That whole thing was confusing. They never said if they were talking about an undisclosed module or one they were already talking about. From how I remember it he could of been talking about the P-47.

Yeah, I have no idea what the "eagerly anticipated" module might be, but people have been wanting a 4th gen red air for a while. The other guess is an F15C since wags apparently likes puns and world play (eagerly=eagle)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

+1000, DCS F-4E really needs to be a thing. I don't really understand why the big push for the forth gens. Without full fidelity 4th gen Russian counterparts the online arena is crippled. But F-4s , F-14s, A-7s, A-6s, F-15As, Ah-1Qs, tangling with Mig-21, 23,25s, Su-17s, and Mi-24s now that would have been interesting. Lots of FOX1 and FOX2 action. Lots of getting in close for CAS. But I'm off topic, the F-4E needs to be taken off the back burner.

Yeah I totally agree that they need to do more cold war stuff. I mean lobbing fox3's at each other online is fun-n-all. But actually dogfighting would be more cool IMO.

I agree with flankerkiller, I believe that the Phantom II would have been out, compleated and in ifs full glory in a year an a half, instead they are still fighting with 4+ and 5th gen uber planes after three years...

Yeah they sold a ton, now they need to sell "whatever" to finance finishing what they already sold.

The F-4 does not need new systems, weapons or complicated new modes...

Everything it needs is working allready perfectly on the F-5.

Well yeah multicrew, they gave us the Huey with the promis and here we are still...

ED should have done the Phantom II, the Crusader, the Corsair II, Thuds, instead of half (if lucky) baked teen series....

I agree with flankerkiller, I believe that the Phantom II would have been out, compleated and in ifs full glory in a year an a half, instead they are still fighting with 4+ and 5th gen uber planes after three years...

Yeah they sold a ton, now they need to sell "whatever" to finance finishing what they already sold.

The F-4 does not need new systems, weapons or complicated new modes...

Everything it needs is working allready perfectly on the F-5.

Well yeah multicrew, they gave us the Huey with the promis and here we are still...

ED should have done the Phantom II, the Crusader, the Corsair II, Thuds, instead of half (if lucky) baked teen series....

Agreed. The main the F4 need(s) is something like Jester which well, HB has. The F4 fills a huge hole in the CW arena since almost everyone flew F4's of one sort or another. The 104 is the only other blue CW plane that saw as much use IMO, until you get to the F16A but that was only for the last few years of the CW. It would be great if they did it, since we already have or will have most of the migs, all that red would need at that point would be decent striker and clicky CAS.