DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if its their project who else's control would it be in?

They might get a contract to say, produce a project for a military and thus have a model at least somewhat ready - it would be logical to use that in such a case.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

How Dynamic will the DCG be? Much better than the current static 'Campaigns' in Lockon I hope. Is there any info on this?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Yes and yes and yes ... basically. :) In theory we can get whatever aircraft - which aircraft they will BE will depend on factors which may not necessarily be in ED's control.

Who's control is it than? i like to know.

i think i speak for many others,.. we would really like to have some influence of choosing what the next flyable model will be! ( it is more or less known that the majority of this community likes jets instead of helicopters, at least that's what i noticed).

As for the SU27/33, that would probably be a wait for 2 or 3 years, that's sad,

i was planning to buy BS, but at the moment i'm not sure if i will.

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

I wouldn't know whose control it is in; but you can certainly voice your opinion as to what you would like to see after the Ka-50, AH-64 and A-10A are out.

Also, even though the Lock On community is used to jets, this community will grow to include those who include choppers; and it's not really a lock-on community here any more, or at least shouldn't be - this is DCS. A new things, with new goals, new technology, and so on and so forth.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes I'm sure ED would like to sweep all us "jet guys" under the rug...too bad they make it feel like we must be cast aside for them to move forward instead of recognizing that us "jet guys" have been the ones buying their sims for years...customer appreciation is not high on ED's list of things to do?

Question on the AH-64...how will single player work with a two-person aircraft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, This sounds interesting...

Entire DCS policy seems OK, adding new flyables with AFM (can it be understood as Accurate Flight Modelling) every 9 months is something very welcome here with me...

But I still have a question! Let's imagine that one takes his Ka-50 for a ride, destroys a convoy of hostile M1A1 tanks, RTBs and gets jumped by a F-15C! How detailed would that Eagle be in terms of FM and 3D?!

BTW are all fixed wing aircraft from FC still available in BS as AI units?!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But I still have a question! Let's imagine that one takes his Ka-50 for a ride, destroys a convoy of hostile M1A1 tanks, RTBs and gets jumped by a F-15C! How detailed would that Eagle be in terms of FM and 3D?!
You mean an AI F-15? All AI fixed-wing aircraft in DCS are modeled with the "SFM" technology (same as pre-Su-25/T Lock On aircraft). The 3D model can be upgraded at any time by either ED or the community. There is no new F-15 3D model underway at ED to my knoweldge at this point.

If you were asking about a potential F-15 DCS module, then everything, including the FM, aircraft systems, cockpit and aircraft 3D model would be "fully loaded" a la Ka-50.

BTW are all fixed wing aircraft from FC still available in BS as AI units?!
I believe so, although that is subject to change before release if ED decides some models don't belong in the virtual world.

Question on the AH-64...how will single player work with a two-person aircraft?
Too early for specifics, but this isn't the first Apache sim.

On the general topic of 'who is in control' and recognizing the 'jet guys':

The greatest advantage of DCS is that ED is in control. However, that doesn't mean they decide which aircraft to model on a whim or a forum poll. There are many internal factors driving such decisions which the public is not and will not be aware of (available aircraft info, budgets, other simulation projects, IP rights, availability of experts, in-house programmers and designer talent, etc...). You are always welcome to express your opinion and we will attend to it as much as possible, but do so understanding that it is one opinion among many, which even combined into a group is still one factor among many.

Going forward, please refrain from OT in this thread. It is designed to inform members and newcomers on the DCS product.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

well, what about all those nice new 3d models from the Mig-29, Su-27 and the Su-25? Will they maby be used in the 1.13 update for LO:FC? Else it would be kinda useless when they are just AI? Or are the models interchangable?

DCS World, A10C, AV8B, M2k, FA18C, FC3, MIG21

Heavily modified code - SP2/Vista - End of sound issues??

Q: Will DCS: Black Shark be Vista-compatible and take advantage of multi-core processors?

A: The initial release of DCS will use a heavily modified version of our TFCSE simulation engine that will run Windows XP SP2 and Vista equally well using either DirectX 9 or DirectX 10. However, DCS versions based on the TFCSE engine will not take advantage of DirectX 10 unique features or multi-core processors. We plan however to provide such features in our new simulation engine that is currently in development for later versions of DCS.

Hi everyone!

To those in the know...Since this is heavily modified code and is hopefully being developed with vista in mind......Can I be hopeful that the sound issues of LOFC (Deafening engine noise/ loss of sound effects randomely etc etc - tolerable with XP, completely spoilt in vista ) are/will be resolved??

As an aside I think this is completely the right direction for ED to take. If anything its not drastic enough. The quicker they move on to a new engine the better. Im a fighter guy...so im not desperatley keen on the Ka50/mudmovers etc but im sure a mig29/f16/other fast jet cannot be that far off the horizon. In the meantime we will have a very high fidelity ka50/apache/a10 sim to fly.

Things could be worse;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

The base DCS simulation environment will be continually upgraded and improved with release of new modules. However, as each new DCS base version is released, all DCS users can upgrade to the same base version to ensure compatibility. The only difference between players would be the selection of what aircraft would be player-controllable versus AI-controlled according to which modules were purchased.

Here are my questions (I hope they were not answered already):

#1 - How the upgrade of DSC base will look like? Will it be downdoadable patches or some integrated update system?

#2 - Let's say John has Black Shark module. All other AI aircraft in his DSC have simplified flight model, no AWM and so on. Then he wants to play online with guy that has Apache module as well. How will it work since he doesn't have AFM, AWM of AH-64?

Does it mean that release of new modules will give him a chance to upgrade his DSC base that will give to some of his non-flyable AI aircraft AFM and AWM (even if he doesn't buy new module)?

#3 - Has ED actually planned releasing the info about DSC now? Or was there some leak and they were like more forced to do this? :music_whistling:

Thanks in advance. :photo:

Maybe I searched wrong - sorry if yes, but now I have to ask about something - what with Internet? If there will be only Ka-50 flyable what with BLUE coallition? And what funny is with fly only Ka-50 against WHO? AI? And time interval - I really hope that with new packs of planes flyable there will be also graphic update, not like we get old looks BS and in 2009 we get also old looks game which require good PC (now it is not so important, but remember what happened when Lock on was released and its requirements...). Hope there will be code optimizitation.

And second. I vote for that :] ED should release its code for free... Community would do that what ED DIDN'T want to do or they couldn't did. It would be nice gift for so many years waiting and in some aspects waste of time.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think question 1 has been answered over and over that there is unlikely to be a helicopter vs helicopter conflict in real life (I didn't say there would never be one, just unlikely). The KA-50 is an air to ground platform... Fly it that way and fly WITH some people for a change ;)

Question 2... I think you're banging on the wrong door... go ask UBI for the code as they'll sure as hell kill anything that DCS would ever be if ED released the Lock On source code!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And what funny is with fly only Ka-50 against WHO?

Against another Ka-50 ;)

I'll say it again: Very High on my To-Do List is definitely an Air to Air Duel with the 30mm through the streets of Krasnador........the possibilities are endless :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Well Viper, it can be fun but I gotta warn ya- it ain't gonna be easy ;)

Another thing that I find pretty important and hasn't been mantioned- force feedback joystick users will really appreciate the features of their hardware because of the realistic trim model. The rest, like me, have to train more but it's doable.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I wouldn't know whose control it is in; but you can certainly voice your opinion as to what you would like to see after the Ka-50, AH-64 and A-10A are out.

An Mi-24? At least at some point down the road.

(By then I should have my Game/Simulation degree and could help out...if you're looking for someone)

"I know Not that which you have said, but if I had medication I would (Robin Williams)"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I finally came up with a question... :P

With new released expected approximately every 9 months or so, are there any kind of plans for non-combat aircraft?

For instance, missions could be built for Rescue missions for CH-47 or UH-60 pilots, or the Russian equivalents, supported by attack aircraft. I would love to see a transport / utility helicopter added, but then again I used to be a CH-47 crew chief so I am biased. I'm not sure if the rest of the community would be interested in an aircraft like this, but I'm sure there's a few of us out there.

:thumbup:

@Airtito: Can you confirm that MS SW FFB2 will be implemented without flaws?

This would be the first thing that really excites me about BS.

S~

Brati

No, I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything about that partucular joystick. Never tried it (nor any other FF stick), perhaps any of the testers using it would share some details.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=