SIMPIT Mi-24 Razorback (2020)

Razorback

Still some work to do but the first part of it is nearly finished.

Second part : the external part of the simpit with the door (release in Dec 20....or maybe two two weeks later héhéhé)

I will post additionnal pictures when the interior part is finished.

During the last weeks, I worked on the weapon, left side and front panel...

To be continued

dad6e8060f9b0df532fc96f77c3789c0.thumb.jpg.4ef963f4a64af85be6ab4b3ab1cd029a.jpg

a6902ba7c488b3a670c66476535ad28b.thumb.jpg.902463c4c5bec3b90239ba03d0bd5c77.jpg

7da83ecafda1d1bbeb07792ee9cc21c2.thumb.jpg.f3f34ad88529d50c77aed9d0a6c56595.jpg

89a819addc551d11dd3abfa7be65770a.thumb.jpg.caa417b760a6c1b6e5783698a89da4a2.jpg

73cb00805bd76f9a21dca2436a65edde.jpg.7930a36119289e901e7ec1689463b8b5.jpg

• Like 5

That looks absolutely amazing. I have a question thou, where are you getting the information (dimensions) of the panels? Is it from the museum visits or drawings?

I've built a few simpits, each an improvement over the last. Making a MI-24 pit has always been on my bucket list.

That looks absolutely amazing. I have a question thou, where are you getting the information (dimensions) of the panels? Is it from the museum visits or drawings?

I've built a few simpits, each an improvement over the last. Making a MI-24 pit has always been on my bucket list.

I visited 4 times the ex DDR Mi-24D exposed in the Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History in Brussels.

So, I was able (and lucky too) to take a lot of pictures and measurements of the cockpit...:)

f565526d04923a8c7e4e5dba89c546c2.thumb.jpg.904553cb11bd804abda763c0e8d0661f.jpg

I visited 4 times the ex DDR Mi-24D exposed in the Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History in Brussels.

So, I was able (and lucky too) to take a lot of pictures and measurements of the cockpit...:)

Your museums are way cooler than ours in the sense that they'd let you do that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Your museums are way cooler than ours in the sense that they'd let you do that.

Yes but it's not allowed to all or common visitors.

I took contact before my visit with the "War Heritage Institute" and I explained my project in detail. It was only afterwards that I had an appointment and that I was allowed to jump in the Mi-24 cockpit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Neatly built, I like it.

I asked you already before, but I don't believe I got the answer, so I am trying it again, did you made the stencil by yourself (i mean the drawing in illustrator, coreldraw...)? I like it alot, is there any possibility for you to share it with me?

Oh, are you going to stay on monitor or will switch eventuelly to VR? Monitor seems to be quite far away to be honest.

Helicopters don't fly, they just subdue the air.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 12/17/2020 at 10:50 PM, SmukY said:

Neatly built, I like it.

I asked you already before, but I don't believe I got the answer, so I am trying it again, did you made the stencil by yourself (i mean the drawing in illustrator, coreldraw...)? I like it alot, is there any possibility for you to share it with me?

Oh, are you going to stay on monitor or will switch eventuelly to VR? Monitor seems to be quite far away to be honest.

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't see your first post...

For the poster, I was a picture of the beast took from the web and then transformed by a company in Belgium.

https://www.plidesign.com/

I don't have the original drawing.

For sure, if you want the same poster,  you can contact them and ask for another one.

I will not switch to VR. Maybe in a few years when the system is full efficient with DCS.

The monitor (Samsung Odyssey G9) is brand new and is perfectly placed at 1m distance from my head.
This is the distance recommended by Samsung to take advantage of its curved 1R shape.

Honestly it's perfect for me...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Grajo said:

I did miss this post. WTF... Amazing work Razorback !!! Now I know who is, without any doubt, the one more eager to get the Hind :]. Let's hope that it is out and finished before Apache... 😒.

Thx a lot for your comment.👍

Have you already seen the Mi-24 simpit from Robin ? A masterpiece as well !

I am waiting for the Mi-24 since my first day on "Lock On".

My heart has always been set on helicopters and specifically on the Hind which is a magnificent machine.

But of course I am also very pleased by the development of the Apache.

For sure these two will be my next modules. But of course with priority on the Hind...hehehehe

2 hours ago, Razorback said:

Thx a lot for your comment.👍

Have you already seen the Mi-24 simpit from Robin ? A masterpiece as well !

I am waiting for the Mi-24 since my first day on "Lock On".

My heart has always been set on helicopters and specifically on the Hind which is a magnificent machine.

But of course I am also very pleased by the development of the Apache.

For sure these two will be my next modules. But of course with priority on the Hind...hehehehe

Robin = Molevitch 😉

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I'm looking forward to the cold start video! emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thx but only the gear lever is connected.
All other instruments and switches are placed in order to have an immersive environement but are not connected...
Maybe later...😉😉

Thx but only the gear lever is connected.
All other instruments and switches are placed in order to have an immersive environement but are not connected...
Maybe later...
Ahhhh! Okay. But it looks fantastic anyway.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wirring the cockpit is still an ongoing process...
Arduino + leo Bodnar BU0836X + LB BBI-64 + Home made boards made by a French friend.
Kilometers 😄 of wires have been already connected to the countless buttons and switches...

The SPU-8 is fully functionnal (currently used when flying with the Mi-8MTV2), as well as the fire-fighting panel which is now equipped with real 2KNR buttons

The left side of the pit is nearly finished, I am currently working on the right front and right panels (AC+DC power + Defroster panel + Air conditioning panel).

To be continued...

Raccordement-2.jpg

Raccordement-1.jpg

Incendie.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

• Like 1