F-14 Q1 2020 Mini-Update

Cobra847

What mindblowing information did they provide on reddit other than they have planned some big updates for the first anniversary (something HB posted weeks ago on this forum)?

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion but it's pretty shitty PR for discussing modules updates and features on reddit, instead on the actual forum of the game itself. It's been pretty silent on there threads for HB's behalf.

+1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Just my opinion but it's pretty shitty PR for discussing modules updates and features on reddit, instead on the actual forum of the game itself. It's been pretty silent on there threads for HB's behalf.

+1

Kinda strange but I guess that's just the way it is with most DCS devs.

What's wrong with you guys ? HB announced nothing exclusive there :doh:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Its a bummer that things are delayed. But really, looking at the dumpster fire that 2.5.6 has been and throwing the gasoline of "new features" on that probably isn't the best idea so I'm glad that they are holding off.

I always figured that the SC and the forrestal would come out close to each other in any event, and it will likely be this month.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its a bummer that things are delayed. But really, looking at the dumpster fire that 2.5.6 has been and throwing the gasoline of "new features" on that probably isn't the best idea so I'm glad that they are holding off.

I always figured that the SC and the forrestal would come out close to each other in any event, and it will likely be this month.

Well, we shall see. Of course it depends a lot on the state of core DCS, but even pre 2.5.6 there wasn't really anything in that regard, so who knows.

Although this is the logical course of action, might not be the best way to do business. Why would someone buy Supercarrier if they already own the Tomcat and the Forrestal is released the same week?

Here's to hoping we get a proper update from Cobra and Heatblur this month with some news and a roadmap.

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Although this is the logical course of action, might not be the best way to do business. Why would someone buy Supercarrier if they already own the Tomcat and the Forrestal is released the same week?

Here's to hoping we get a proper update from Cobra and Heatblur this month with some news and a roadmap.

Per Cobra or some other HB guy the Forrestal and the SC weren't linked originally, but I'm really wondering if that changed or there is some ED/HB weirdness over it all given the imminent release of the SC.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

"It's been an incredible year. Thank you for all of the support. Can't wait to launch some of the big upcoming features :)"

That's LITERALLY ALL they said on Reddit.

And keep in mind, not everyone is allowed on here due to being banned for rules.

Oh and Heatblur isn't Eagle Dynamics so this isn't their forum any more than it's ours.

Rest assured, 2020 will see many of the Cat's major features added and you'll see significant changes by the 1y mark in March.

Well, let's see how this one goes then? 15:th march was the release date....

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

"It's been an incredible year. Thank you for all of the support. Can't wait to launch some of the big upcoming features :)"

That's LITERALLY ALL they said on Reddit.

And keep in mind, not everyone is allowed on here due to being banned for rules.

Oh and Heatblur isn't Eagle Dynamics so this isn't their forum any more than it's ours.

Maybe they are holding out for the new DCS Engine update like upcoming Vulkan feature.

Well, let's see how this one goes then? 15:th march was the release date....

Well, the RIO got his white flood lights!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ye ... about that ...

Don't get your hopes up ...

(Specifically:

)

"I'm sorry it's not finished yet, not for lack of trying at least. One last insidious bug that I've not been able to find."

It seems like TWS-A is getting close... hopefully !

• 3 weeks later...
So what's the deal with the Forrestal's wires? I read that it had 6 at one point and then it was cut to 4 but this one has 5...

It has 4 and has never had more than 4. The 5th white circle that you think is an arresting wire is actually the barricade. It has an arresting wire but is only attached when the barricade is rigged. Man I hated being on the flight deck when we had to rig that thing.

• The launch of the Forrestal

• The launch of AIM-54 improvements and TWS-A

• The launch of crew-position overhauls

• Launch of JESTER LANTIRN

I hope we'll first see the bugfixes for the (very recently reported) deadstick-landing- and ground crew bugs that interrupt us in our Multiplayer-flights? :noexpression:

(Lantirn-loadout isn't as popular on PvP-MP-servers as a pure A2A-loadout anyways)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And another beta update without anything for F-14.

"another" ? last patch had lots of changes

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Well, considering its the last day of Q1 they have yet again missed all their projected development/release goals. Kind of a bummer to have such a lackluster product sustainment after such a stellar EA release, one year in.

Sorry, you must have missed the memo: there is a global pandemic and the world is in lockdown.

You're welcome.

(And just wait till you find out that developers are human beings with family as well!)

Well, considering its the last day of Q1 they have yet again missed all their projected development/release goals. Kind of a bummer to have such a lackluster product sustainment after such a stellar EA release, one year in.

Bet you've been itching to post this all quarter.

The grown ups all have more pressing things to worry about right now.

Everyone knows about the pandemia now. That still doesn't mean that it's good PR for not to inform it's customers about delays, changes etc on development. "Soon" is just not enough and staying quiet about pretty much everything.

We have no info about A model, not a single screenshot of it. No Forrestal progress, no fixes on texture issues that have been there since the release (for example the engine gauges, missing pylon textures and afterburner effects that are so poor)