HUD ONLY in DCS

Gayet

Hi, export the MFDs outside the main monitor and the "Hud Only" view is clear.

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Could you not just edit the lua and take out the MFD's...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Edited by ||CaptHawk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

I changed mfd.ini but no result, so i stored the old one again.....

I am wondering that so many people working with dcs f16 and there is not a definitely solution.

There must be more people with a complete f-16 pit on the world like me...

Any request is helpfull, thanks again.

Hello.

Nice pit you have there ;) When you settled in, you could show off your Simpit in the Simpit Section.

To your problem: The monitor configuration (which includes the export for the MFCD) is a bit something to get used to. I would suggest to start with this Guide.

Since this affects the whole DCS simulator, your question would aim at a larger audience in the Input and Output section as linked above.

As soon as you moved your MFCD to your hardware MFCD your front view should be clear. But I'm not familiar with the HUD only view.

Could you look at your setting and check which monitorconfiguration is selected in the dropdown? Did you do any modification in that one? If yes, please share it here so we could take a look.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I changed mfd.ini but no result, so i stored the old one again.....

I am wondering that so many people working with dcs f16 and there is not a definitely solution.

Any request is helpfull, thanks again.

The modification with lua files is quite powerfull. You can do a lots of things with it, especially for Pit Builders thats a big fat plus. unfortunately, in most cases, such a powerfull system is not easy to use if you are somewhat "casual user" in terms of modifiing DCS lua Files.

Maybe you can suggest some easier option in the DCS General Forums?

I havent testet it but it should work if you set the resolution of the exportet MFDs to 0px or maybe 1x1 and move it to x:0 and y:0. Then its technically still exportet but one pixel width and height in the upper left corner of your screen and for that reason invisible to you.

There are.. but most of them don´t use a beta status software :music_whistling: And DCS is much more complicate to be used in a pit than others. For the idle detent you need buttons and so old stuff :megalol:

When DCS: F-16 is finished in 2 or 3 years maybe it gets better and easier… but actual I know a lot of people who do not want to invest time at this state...

DCS F-16C Blk. 40/42 :helpsmilie:

Candidate - 480th VFS - Cupra | 06

Hi Gayet,

you should set the MFD-Positions in your monitor.lua outside the rendered area of the game you set in the configuration screen.

Better it would be to set the position of the in game MFD to the position of the MFD screens in your cockpit.

The best is to set the MFD-Monitors in windows on the right side of the mainscreen. So you can set the rendered area small for best performance in FPS.

Look at your PM

Cheers Uli

My Home Cockpit project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2609929#post2609929

Heya, there are many different configurations. I created a table for a better understanding. Open with Open Office Calc or Exel. The data can be set for the monitor set up lua. 3 Monitor or 2 Monitors.

DCS Monitor Setup.zip

1027099573_DCSMONSetup.thumb.jpg.162fe0805598e447d186564e2a29b0bb.jpg

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

Hi,

Because i have a complete F-16 pit, i would like to fly with the option: Alt-F1

HUD ONLY..

But, How do i get rid of the MFD's ??

Regards,

Charlie

http://www.viper-charlie.nl

That's really cool! Can you post more pics of your cockpit and how you built and what components you used? Thanks.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB