Position and Landing lights

swatstar98

I always wondered about that too in the Yak. Isn't it mandatory to have at least basic position lights on airplanes?

I mean, I have to have lights on my bike if i want to go on a street, so...

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

i think most yaks that you'll find today will have nav lights retrofitted.

would be nice for our yak to also feature some retrofit lighting. maybe it coud just be activated by ground crew, so no need for cockpit controls.

It would be good, and btw, it's impossible to do taxi at night hours since we don't have landing/taxi light neither.

also cockpit is not illuminated, so you'd always be better off being home before sunset. if we could get basic nav/strobe light retrofit, it would at least help with dusk/dawn and general poor visibility situations. i'm thinking mostly coop formation flying with sun low on the horizon, where spotting each other can be difficult sometimes...

of course i also have the 2.5.6 engine lighting improvments in mind, which hopefully improves the visibility of nav and strobe lights...

It would be good, and btw, it's impossible to do taxi at night hours since we don't have landing/taxi light neither.

Without nav lights you aren't allowed to fly between sunset and sunrise anyway. If there are no nav lights you don't need any other lights at all.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know how to activate the night vision goggles that are in the controls menu for the yak? having them would add another dimension on stealthy night flight.

I know I can activate the flashlight, but that would only help see the instruments, not the outside world.