AIM-9X (+HMD?) when? :)

D4n

12 hours ago, GGTharos said:

No, it isn't.  The RWR software and other devices are programmed to show different symbols for them, they simulate specific enemy tactics etc.   So no, it's not far fetched when you actually know what's going on 🙂

They don't even need anyone there anymore to simulate anything. You can literally be just with your wingman completing the complex tactics, weapon launches etc.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 5 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 2:05 PM, musolo said:

10F12011-7A7C-43EA-87CF-A157D0574457.png.5f30973a632fc71e903d8265af2ba38d.png

F-14A_AIM-120_Test_2.jpg.b6fbb425ff7a091227c241766b95f2d2.jpg

198_92201_642688.jpg.9dc6ca591b928c4eeb15c3a29c72f987.jpg

o5vq1km51b621.jpg

main-qimg-4ff0d942d5f928e674514eda5846763e.jpg

main-qimg-2e97df48b454950ba7957e8c49447fd3.jpg

55451_f-15c_63822.jpg

Does this hurts them too?

US$75M per copy? We could start a crowd funding for that, but then I really worry about the installation size.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

3 hours ago, VFGiPJP said:

US$75M per copy? We could start a crowd funding for that, but then I really worry about the installation size.

You`re ok with your vanilla client. Server is providing your bird with enhabced loadout as far as armament goes. As for te cost per unit we can  consider ourselves as billioners) Price is not the issue in game ;)

Edited by musolo

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

• 2 weeks later...

@Пикей 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/products/planes/eagle_fc/index.php?PAGEN_1=2
An official report from Eagle Dynamics notes that the F-100-PW-220 engines of the current F-15, these engines appeared in 1986, meaning that these engines can no longer be released on the F-15 C before 1986. Blocks with these engines have been in production for quite some time, so they had AIM-9X and JHMCS. And you also didn't complete the air-to-ground weaponry that the F-15 had.

image.png

Edited by Pilot_Phantoma_2007
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Pilot_Phantoma_2007 said:

@Пикей 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/products/planes/eagle_fc/index.php?PAGEN_1=2
An official report from Eagle Dynamics notes that the F-100-PW-220 engines of the current F-15, these engines appeared in 1986, meaning that these engines can no longer be released on the F-15 C before 1986. Blocks with these engines have been in production for quite some time, so they had AIM-9X and JHMCS. And you also didn't complete the air-to-ground weaponry that the F-15 had.

image.png

i don't know why developers like to be the "fun police" about these kinds of things. even if the USAF never does it, what harm is there in letting players bomb with the F-15C...when the F-15E comes out I doubt you'll be able to remove the CFTs and for similar reasons

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 11:15 PM, henshao said:

i don't know why developers like to be the "fun police" about these kinds of things. even if the USAF never does it, what harm is there in letting players bomb with the F-15C...when the F-15E comes out I doubt you'll be able to remove the CFTs and for similar reasons

Because simulation

• Like 1

So  they did put slammers on Eagle despite all this "simulation" thing. There is nothing stopping them to give Eagle 9X) Those Eagles were upgraded with 120 after all  one might say. At the end phase of the first Iraq invasion. One squadron got first batch of 120B. Ok let`s give it 9X than too. Those who`d oppose it have no ground in disputing this. If we are really all about simulation than let`s simulate lol. Otherwise all those "pure" arguments are pointless) 

Edited by musolo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, musolo said:

So  they did put slammers on Eagle despite all this "simulation" thing. There is nothing stopping them to give Eagle 9X) Those Eagles were upgraded with 120 after all  one might say. At the end phase of the first Iraq invasion. One squadron got first batch of 120B. Ok let`s give it 9X than too. Those who`d oppose it have no ground in disputing this. If we are really all about simulation than let`s simulate lol. Otherwise all those "pure" arguments are pointless) 

You are comparing 9X with AIM-120. Totally different timelines of entering service with the F-15C.
Not saying that ED couldn't add it... But It's understandable why 9X is left out.  

57 minutes ago, Njinsa said:

I strongly believe ED can do this corrections but their workload is assigned to other stuff with higher priority or where they see higher sales potential.

FC3 is nowhere near this so we're stuck with what we have.

That is so insignificant amount of effort to even consider it getting in the way of any other developers activities.

I strongly believe ED can do this corrections but their workload is assigned to other stuff with higher priority or where they see higher sales potential.
FC3 is nowhere near this so we're stuck with what we have.
AFAIK FC3 is considered done, finished. No additional feature other than support for fixing bug here and there. So yeah we're pretty much stuck with what we have right now. Ofc I'd be happy to be proven wrong about this.
I'd wait for DCS HiFi F-15C. It will happen eventually sooner or later. They're running out of fighter (teens series) to be modeled.
  • Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

7 minutes ago, musolo said:

That is so insignificant amount of effort to even consider it getting in the way of any other developers activities.

While I do share your view of a benefit of getting 9x onto F-15, I have to say that developer point of view and our point of view is not at same track. If something is dead hated in IT development, that's task switching. No matter how miniature the change or effort it represent, it's still something that decision makers get through the change management tree. We can hate them but that's the way they work. 

Just now, Njinsa said:

While I do share your view of a benefit of getting 9x onto F-15, I have to say that developer point of view and our point of view is not at same track. If something is dead hated in IT development, that's task switching. No matter how miniature the change or effort it represent, it's still something that decision makers get through the change management tree. We can hate them but that's the way they work. 

Missile is already tested on Eagle long time ago. Works flawlessly. It`s a matter of adding Aim-9X missile to drop down list in ME. 

5 minutes work

5 minutes ago, Oceandar said:

AFAIK FC3 is considered done, finished. No additional feature other than support for fixing bug here and there. So yeah we're pretty much stuck with what we have right now. Ofc I'd be happy to be proven wrong about this.
I'd wait for DCS HiFi F-15C. It will happen eventually sooner or later. They're running out of fighter (teens series) to be modeled.

Well, there were some inside information here on forum indicating that Belsimtek has done some coding in areas like clickable cockpit, but obviously not enough to qualify it for DCS standard or ED decided that Strike Eagle module could yield better sales. Razbam is way off overdue and it will be interesting to see how ED evaluate them for additional candidates (MIG-23 comes on mind, as M2000 and Harrier are still in active support).

11 minutes ago, musolo said:

Missile is already tested on Eagle long time ago. Works flawlessly. It`s a matter of adding Aim-9X missile to drop down list in ME. 

5 minutes work

Tested by users to work and act flawlessly, but not confirmed in same manner by dev team.

For us it's less than a minute wasted to add { CLSID = "{5CE2FF2A-645A-4197-B48D-8720AC69394F}" into F-15c.lua

Like Oceander mentioned, if their source code is really closed for new features, I say we can kiss goodbye and bark on moon indefinitely.  

58 minutes ago, Njinsa said:

For us it's less than a minute wasted to add { CLSID = "{5CE2FF2A-645A-4197-B48D-8720AC69394F}" into F-15c.lua

Or to play on both  modded and clean servers that made their missions so that  Eagles fly there with 9X already on they pylons when they spawn.

Edited by musolo