It's a pain when the virtual pilots arm is in the way of a switch/panel and you cant move it to see past...

Blows the immersion for me.

I'm ok with virtual pilot bodies as long as it is an option.

Just bind "show pilot" to your HOTAS and toggle it on/off as desired :)

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I never fly with Pilot on. The body, especially the left arm is blocking to much of the panel.

IMHO Toggeling Body is more anoying than seeing an empty seat pan.

But since its available on most other module, its a must have for the A-10C II module. The pilots who enjoy flying with body visibile will be happy.

Additional to Toggle ON-OFF, I really like to have a Arm-Less Version... Or when you looking down at the panel, the arm will be lifted up (Simple animation, doesnt need to be fancy. Just usable). Then I would fly with Pilot On.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Am 20.9.2020 um 09:46 schrieb Precog:

Any official word on the pilot body?

Hello ED?

Many of us would really love to have this very old question answered. A simple yes or no would be very nice to start with.

@ BIGNEWY can you ask, please? :worthy:

The A-10C is great, but the empty seat in the cockpit is an immersionbreaker. I'm not invisible.

Edited by Crash *
better formulation
  • Like 3

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

• 1 month later...

For me it is must have for VR. I would like to have it in all modules.

• Like 4

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump... I thought this is included in the new graphics. Maybe some cool animations besides HOTAS and pedals? Like when somebody (sic) commands gear up left hand should quickly move the lever up. Or master arm and Gun arms... maybe even the OSBs... 
I know maybe is asking too much but I can't observe the agonizing slowness of "the industry" in incorporating some essential features. Like IK stuff... Sorry to compare but there are mods for Skyrim that introduce body IK like the devs weren't able to do and for free. What we get in flightsims are renders with sculpted pilot bodies in 1 billion triangles for 10 years.
I mean if I would be EDs CEO I would simply go to nexusmods and ask a moder there... "dude, how much for some IK animations like this and this on this generic P51 pilot body from 15 years ago?" And that would be mostly enough.

Also... seeing (still) people here like voting "no" for this... why bother reading this thread? Just go in options and make sure is not ticked and you will be a ghost in the cockpit as much you please.

• Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 2:08 PM, kristod76 said:

For me it is must have for VR. I would like to have it in all modules.

Yes same here. I wonder why so few modules have a pilot body. But perhaps it takes way more work than I imagine.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pixie said:

Was a pilot body ever mentionned by the devs at some point in a roadmap ?

Not for the A-10C specifically but it should honestly be standard on all modules. How come our old F/A-18C has one but all subsequent ED planes don't? Even Razbam was able to implement them to the Mirage and Harrier rather quickly and have plans to do so for the 15E on release.

It seems it's a polarizing topic and when devs don't find it useful they simply assume everyone shouldn't bother.

On the other hand when they accept it as a requested feature (remember back in the days people thought a cockpit is a hinder in seeing outside?) they don't really understand what is requested so they default to some wrong assumptions. That's why you see on Heatblur's F14s and Razbam's Mirage and Harrier so much time and resources wasted on "sculpting" the pilot to a fidelity that is never requested then more work on transferring the useless polygons into normal maps only to end up 2-3 years later with a deformed over expensive to develop pilot body. Or missing altogether in the case of F14 and all other EDs modules that don't have one.

Should it look as best as possible? Yes but that is not mandatory. What is asked is a pilot body, possible animated. I am sure everyone here that want a pilot body would rather have one on the first Ka50  and P51 fidelity but animated. More animated cockpit interactions (like I said gear and some switches) and maybe... just maybe better control on the ground and god forbid on parachute would be far far far more useful than absurd million polycount models.

my same 2c  

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

On 10/28/2021 at 2:48 PM, pixie said:

Was a pilot body ever mentionned by the devs at some point in a roadmap ?

I seem to remember ED saying they are working on a cockpit pilot model that they can use in all of their modules, instead of having to make a new one for every single module.
Basically that would require a model with a skeletal system that can be moved in such a way that it fits in all sorts of ejection seats, and can handle different positions of control stick and throttle. I think currently mostly static models are used that are made specifically for 1 single setup. That's a lot of resources wasted...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 4 weeks later...

Making a return to the forums after 6 to 9 months of real world tasking, and...................................................

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP.

Would still love to see this (or at least see an update from an ED dev/mod) added.

PS.  Great to hear the change to the A10's engine after getting DCS up to the most current OB version.  Having a play with all the new toys for the Viper and seeing all the work that has been done over those past 6 to 9 months.  Great job, looking forward to seeing what else is incoming.

v/r

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 1 month later...

No body, armless, no body, options please.

The seat with no body looks weird imo, moreso as the belts are sat there undone. I really don’t understand why this isn’t an option, the Ka-50 always had it iirc.

Edited by Mogster

Agreed. It now looks silly in VR flying an empty seat. When switching to another airframe with a body gives a totally different feel

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...

Now Jan 2022, and still no pilot body for the A10C /A10C II  ?

Anyone got an update?

Totally agree an empty pit is a real immersion killer with VR. 

• Like 1

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...