[FIXED] INS Alignment, Waypoint Tracking MP Bugged

zafgev

Creating waypoints on F10 map or entering individual LAT/LONG coordinates on MP map (Caucasus) and then flying towards those waypoints does not steer you to the physical ground (or elevated) locations. Once airborne the HUD I believe should indicate the course direction to the waypoint and a "small square" mapped to the area where the waypoint is placed. As you progress towards the waypoint the "small square" starts to move away from the intended waypoint and upon reaching the waypoint it is nowhere near where it was mapped on the F10 map or the intended lat/ling location. It is completely impossible at the moment to fly a sortie using waypoints and ending up where intended. Steering towards anyone of the predefined airports with the current build and selecting either FAF of ILS freezes the MFD in map mode with neither the DME or direction-changing irrespective of attitude, speed or direction.

I've tested this on numerous occasions on the Aerobatics Online server in Caucasus map, using different startup configurations, INS alignment and data cartridge load sequences but every time the results are the same. The navigation system is not tracking lat/long coordinates correctly.

Edited by uboats

Something's wrong with waypoint boxes. Looks like a calculation problem as the arrow points correctly.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I don't think so - the bearing pointer remains accurate; the box doesn't align with the pointer. This is true from takeoff, so no time for drift to be an issue.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Will a screenshot suffice?

Please see the attached.

JF-17 Nav and AKG.trk

I was a bit rushed earlier! Here are some notes from the flights.

The AKG track: this was initially just a mess-around with the smoke pods. There is a delay after the first landing as I consult the manual for how to get the smoke pods to work. Seems I needed to assign a key.

I then decided to go fly with the AKG for a bit and try the MITL again as I had low success with it (I keep losing signal despite being in good parameters).

The first AKG fired was in DIR mode. It just kept flying in circles over the target.

The second missile was fired too close to the target so by the time I realized I was meant to control it, it had flown past it. Oh well!

As part of those flights you will see some oddities with the waypoints, even though I use the same procedure as in the track attached to this post.

I appreciate the first track is rather long, but it shows some issues that are encountered when flying. The track in the first post is hard to replicate without trying to do something. It just...malfunctions.

The track attached to this post is rather shorter, but appears to operate as expected throughout the flight. I don't do much except to fly a bit, get some distance as fast as possible and turn back to the field. I do some hard maneuvers that would upset any alignment (I assume this is modeled) but equally I wouldn't expect it to be upset much on this short flight if INS alignment is part of the problem.

I did discover during this flight that it is sensitive to roll. The nav box moves very large distances proportional to roll angle, whereas the caret only moves with bearing/heading changes.

In the first track I end up with an interesting problem in that the caret is permanently deflected to one side, regardless of where I'm heading, and for some reason there is a tiny short line between the alignment waypoint and the WPT1, even though it was copied.

I hope this provides enough for you to figure out what is going on.

JF-17 Nav.trk

Edited by Tiger-II

fixed internally,

currently AAP NAV btn controls power supply for nav computer, should be WMMC2 (fixed)

also AAP TRAIN btn includes AAP NAV (which covers ILS, TCN, Beacon Marker, and Radar altimeter)

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Will capture a video tonight.

hope you can provide video to double check your operation

tiger-ii trk shows no AAP NAV on, so that could be the problem for him

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Uhh... I'll check the status of NAV and try it again.

hope you can provide video to double check your operation

tiger-ii trk shows no AAP NAV on, so that could be the problem for him

I've not been able to record a video. However, I have managed to isolate what is causing the problem. Previously during startup I would turn on power, then select the "combat" button on the AAP (note here that HMD, RDR, SLNK, OESP, RWR, COM1, COM2, NAV, IFF, INS, WMMC1, WWMC2and SAIU is enabled). I would not touch the AAP options again. I would then enter the lat/long coordinates in FAST mode, then align. I would continue after alignment by loading the data cartridge. After data loading I would configure the aircraft for AA/AG based on weight and balance. This configuration would cause the navigation to waypoints to fail.

What seems to work is to power up the aircraft. Then select COM1. COM2, WMMC1, WMMC2. Capture the lat/long coordinates in the UFCP - then FAST Align. Once aligned select INS NAV. I then select NAV on the AAP. Load the data cartridge and configure AA/AG. While the INS is aligning I'm configuring radios, etc. This startup appears to configure the navigation system correctly for flight.

So the primary difference in the startup appears to be the sequence selection of NAV on the AAP. So not sure if its a bug or a feature of the plane.

Edited by zafgev