ASP sight not working in cold start

RvETito

Found nothing related either in the bug tracker or posted in the forums so far which surprised me pretty much. I'm not able to get the ASP to work during a cold start. The power switch has no effect and none of the controls nor indications are operational on the ASP. In mission with hot start either on the ramp or on the runway all works fine, the ASP operates normally and can be switched on/off via it's power switch and once on all controls/functions are available. First I thought that I'm probably missing a feature but found nothing related in recent change logs.

The above behavior is observed in single player. In multiplayer I've checked only cold start as all servers offer such type of slots and the behavior is the same - the ASP can't be brought to life. It's like the power switch has no function in cold start.

I didn't attach a track or mission because I think it's clear enough but if deemed necessary I can provide one.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Theres also a inverter IIRC that prevent the ASP from work if you enable it. Im away from computer now but ill edit the post with its name when i could get to the game.

Edited: thats the inverter, just in case you might be enabling it on your cold start.

770112947_Semttulo.thumb.jpg.cb539cf48640e63be71151a26848eb5c.jpg

Edited by LCO489

Yes, I always turn on the generators after the engine stabilizes at idle. Will check the emergency inverter later. Haven't actually flown her for while and was kinda under the impression I'm missing something. Thanks anyway, will report if that was the case.

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Yep, quite possibly either default inverters not turned on, or emergency invereter turned on instead of AC generator (similar position of switches) - happened and was reported many times in the past amongst new MiG-21 players, or players coming back to the module after a long break and flipping switches from the (faulty) memory ;).

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

And its still not working from ground power and cannot go through preflight check from the manual - years on, bug filed long ago.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Confirmed - emergency inverter switch On kills the ASP sight. Some refreshment is always useful. Thanks everyone :thumbup:

=RvE=

And its still not working from ground power and cannot go through preflight check from the manual - years on, bug filed long ago.

Thats not really a bug, as it needs AC ground power and only DC available is simulated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats not really a bug, as it needs AC ground power and only DC available is simulated.

Whatever you call it. Having all types of ground power as in reality is a given in DCS. Being able to perform flight manual ground checks is a standard since initial release black shark long before the DCS.

Its a great pity that M3 has no manpower to finish the MiG.

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

Yea but only DC power being provided could also be inherent to DCS, and in that case it's completely out of M3's hands.

There are two ways to deal with it: negotiate AC power with ED, or simulate it internally in the module.

VVS Sockets, both airfield and APA are 28V DC AND 200V 400Hz AC

Whatever you call it. Having all types of ground power as in reality is a given in DCS. Being able to perform flight manual ground checks is a standard since initial release black shark long before the DCS.

Its a great pity that M3 has no manpower to finish the MiG.

I read somewhere that there is updates beeing worked on for the Mig-21?

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria

I read somewhere that there is updates beeing worked on for the Mig-21?

I've filed the bug 10 months ago. It is unassigned.

Isn't it that DCS simplified ground power is somewhat magic as it provides AC and DC at the same time? At least in Mi-8 it does...

Real MiG-21bis "product 75" manual states "Connect ground sources of AC and DC power to the aircraft mains". From the perspective of sitting in the cockpit, ordering the chief to connect all the power, or give two orders to connect AC and DC does not give any difference.