F/A-18C MOD for Left DDI "ADV-" line Blanking out the whole row

Here is how to remove the masking (the black box that extends right across the DDI).

attachment.php?attachmentid=226036&stc=1&d=1580280301

Navigate to

C:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\Common\indicator\Pages\MPD

open "CautAdvAndMenuPage.lua" (with Notepad++)

Scroll down to line 181 and edit to look like this

local AdvisoriesTotalSymbolsNum = 0

If the page you are on has text where the ADV- is they will both be visible and hence unreadable. Simply come back to the SUPT/TAC page to read them and clear the advisories

attachment.php?attachmentid=226037&stc=1&d=1580280405

===================================================================================

If you want to move the "ADV-" line

Scroll down to line 14 of the same file "CautAdvAndMenuPage.lua"

local CautionsAdvisoriesPlaceholder = addPlaceholder("CautionsAdvisoriesPlaceholder", {-450, -412}, nil, {{"MPD_CautionsAdvisoriesVisibilityAndPos", 500}})

Adjust {-450, -412} values. First value is horizontal, second is vertical,from the centre of the DDI i believe.

The values I'm using at the moment (see pic) {-280, -440}

===================================================================================

Finally you may like to remove the blank spaces between different Advisories to shorten the overall length of the message (still separated by a comma)

Open "MPD_AdvisoriesDefs.lua" (with Notepad++) in the same directory listed above.

Scroll down to line 63 and comment out the lines 63 to 70 and it should look like this

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 2 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 3 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 4 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 5 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 6 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 7 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 8 spaces

--addAdvisory(" ") -- empty 9 spaces

I have flown a few flights and not noticed anything wrong, but if you backup the files first you have the origionals to place back in if anything does go wrong

OR

use JSGME/OvGME

Screen_200129_171232.thumb.png.e8a7e48e04a39273031832f00f6ed852.png

Screen_200129_171711.thumb.png.c76cbc833f882635bd17956f705f34ab.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Caution Line across the bottom of the MFD is Realistic.

I thought there was an issue with it being displayed constantly, when it should only appear under certain circumstances?

That's going back a while, but I don't remember seeing anything about it being changed. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

1) If you edit the core code in the game files, you will have to copy that LUA back to the folder after each DCS update unless you have a GME program to fix it.

2) That DDI is realistically presenting advisories and is designed the way it is in order to do just that.

Remember way back when, Wags suggested in one of his videos to not place the HSI (or any other important information page) on the left DDI for this reason. You can use that DDI for graphical data with minimal impact and for that, the Right DDI and Center AMPCD units for important textual display.

I personally use the left screen for Attack Radar only.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lovely thanks! Are you going to post the mod ready to instal on the user files section? If not I'll work on it a bit and publish it myself

Edit: thanks of the instruction too.. I made some further refining in position and removed the annoying "ADV-" and "BIT" text.. might remove the Autopilot warnings too. I'll fly a bit and see if those keeps annoying me.

647222820_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_01_29-16_34_17_29.thumb.png.62d8f45aa472cdcfa2ed31d02fe4b463.png

Edited by Reckoner

For default the line is SA page unreadable.

Using the instructions from the user LiveBait can be easily corrected, thank you very much.

DCS_2020_01_29fix.jpg

• Like 1

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

I made some further refining in position and removed the annoying "ADV-" and "BIT" text.. might remove the Autopilot warnings too. I'll fly a bit and see if those keeps annoying me.

FYI the BIT caution indicates there is something flashing on the bit page, this can be removed by pressing STOP on the BIT page. I have also heard it mentioned that the ADV- should be removed when there is no advisory along with the blanking bar.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

FYI the BIT caution indicates there is something flashing on the bit page, this can be removed by pressing STOP on the BIT page.

Thanks for the input, but at this point it's easier to leave it.

I have also heard it mentioned that the ADV- should be removed when there is no advisory along with the blanking bar.

Which makes perfect sense, but seems like ED is happy in it's current state sadly. Thankfully they leave us the option to fix it ourselves.

Also for anyone who's interested in the Mod I just uploaded it in the User Files and it'll be available in a couple of days. Available here now https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307951/

Edited by Reckoner

Hold master caution to re-stack the caution messages. It’ll move them all to the lower right and out of the way, and get rid of the empty spaces.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know that about the Master Caution Button.

However, until ED changes the code and the Advisories and Cautions line disappears when no valid Advisories exist, this will remain a valid workaround for me.

+1 for ED core code. Non realistic???.... this make my fly better experience. Its cool. For strange things we have RB that makes every day the experience worst.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the input, but at this point it's easier to leave it.

Which makes perfect sense, but seems like ED is happy in it's current state sadly. Thankfully they leave us the option to fix it ourselves.

Also for anyone who's interested in the Mod I just uploaded it in the User Files and it'll be available in a couple of days. Available here now https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307951/

Link is dead

Considering this isn't realistic then no it shouldn't.

Realistic would be the ADV- line not showing at all if empty as per GB. But either ED refuses to change that or they simply have it so far down the prio list that it seems to take forever until it gets fixed, simply because literally everything else is more important.

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This mod must be in F18C core code. +1. Thx!!!

This Bar is a real life challenge that real pilots learn to overcome. Its modeled correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 5 months later...