UltraMFCD 3.0 is coming

Sgt_Baker

• 1 month later...
Yes.
What about another PC?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

What about another PC?

You new guy's really need to read the thread(s), not just post on last page. Looks like this is a dead issue now...

---

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

You new guy's really need to read the thread(s), not just post on last page. Looks like this is a dead issue now...

---

Don't assume. The better comment from you would be to read the ENTIRE thread. You can see I responded to the author. I posted that comment from inside the discussion.

When I finally came to the end, I saw it was dead.

Live and learn. Both of us...

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

• 3 weeks later...
The quick lowdown:

UltraMFCD 3.0 exists and works.

Currently concentrating on pulling quagmire businesses out of the mud.

How not to butt heads with forum mods again.

Good luck!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hello folks.

Welcome Back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

UltraMFCD 3.0 is coming - Good luck with the final stages of testing. This will be an excellent addition to the Sim.

Thanks!

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

For absolute clarification:

UltraMFCD 3.0, which supports DCS 2.5, is essentially in the bag bar a few non-gamebreaking glitches - i.e. there's the occasional GPU frame or two every few minutes at worst or never at best (in terms of GPU FPS - so two frames of 60FPS every few minutes) where it momentarily glitches out.

However, given circumstances globally, there are various people and businesses whom have, perhaps foolishly, come to rely on my talents in order to see their own businesses through the consequences of SARS-CoV-2. As such I cannot de-support those people/businesses, to a lesser or greater extent, in order to concentrate on finishing uMFCD 3.0. I am, however, directly now downloading a clean install of DCS against which to assess uMFCD 3.0 with a view to determining precisely how close to release-grade we are.

If 3.0 appears to be 95% functional, even if you're required to avoid certain graphics settings, then I will release it under that proviso.

Ideally uMFCD would be 100% functional and fool proof, however the increasing volume of correspondence would indicate that people are prepared to deal with the odd non-game-breaking glitch.

Let me know what you want below.

--Baker

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

After all this time, Eagle Dynamics et al could have rendered uMFCD immediately obsolete with a small twist of the wrist. It is time they do precisely that. ED should implement uMFCD functionality natively.

I feel that.

More weird thing is they added lots of stuff (some cool) in the codes but that's it. Just added and left to rot there.

I feel that.

More weird thing is they added lots of stuff (some cool) in the codes but that's it. Just added and left to rot there.

You're perhaps referring to "the codes" that inspired UltraMFCD to begin with. There were clearly plans on ED's part to implement something approaching that which uMFCD provides.... back in 2008. That code path died, yet remained within DCS for any curious person to discover.

Unfortunately I'm no longer going to pay particular attention to UltraMFCD nor DCS or the furtherment of the former.

To position this within some form of understandable perspective, I've been programming since my childhood. However, it wasn't until the mid 2000s that I learned the art of server-grade programming. That is, for the uninitiated, software that is uploaded to a server which runs, unattended and without fault 24/7 for years at a time. Indeed the most famous of these pieces of software have only ever been shut down in order to move them to more modern servers. Years and years of flawless service. Remember that part.

Now allow us to consider UltraMFCD. It amounts to a system which invades DCS, bypasses any semblance of "anti cheat" systems and begins not only pulling imagery from DCS's core, but also manipulating the resolution at which said imagery is rendered. UltraMFCD can pull 4K display renders from a system running DCS at 720p.

So why, suddenly, with all of this marvellous technology, throw in the towel? Simple answer is it requires a vast effort to maintain the functionality of UltraMFCD while DCS are constantly moving the goalposts. Why are ED moving the goalposts? Because they don't care about Ultra-effective mods! Oh, and having to pay £££££££ just in order to check whether any new module is appropriate for exports to UltraMFCD? Yeah, no.

So, folks, that's it. Game Over. Insert Coin.

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

You're perhaps referring to "the codes" that inspired UltraMFCD to begin with. There were clearly plans on ED's part to implement something approaching that which uMFCD provides.... back in 2008. That code path died, yet remained within DCS for any curious person to discover.

Unfortunately I'm no longer going to pay particular attention to UltraMFCD nor DCS or the furtherment of the former.

To position this within some form of understandable perspective, I've been programming since my childhood. However, it wasn't until the mid 2000s that I learned the art of server-grade programming. That is, for the uninitiated, software that is uploaded to a server which runs, unattended and without fault 24/7 for years at a time. Indeed the most famous of these pieces of software have only ever been shut down in order to move them to more modern servers. Years and years of flawless service. Remember that part.

Now allow us to consider UltraMFCD. It amounts to a system which invades DCS, bypasses any semblance of "anti cheat" systems and begins not only pulling imagery from DCS's core, but also manipulating the resolution at which said imagery is rendered. UltraMFCD can pull 4K display renders from a system running DCS at 720p.

So why, suddenly, with all of this marvellous technology, throw in the towel? Simple answer is it requires a vast effort to maintain the functionality of UltraMFCD while DCS are constantly moving the goalposts. Why are ED moving the goalposts? Because they don't care about Ultra-effective mods! Oh, and having to pay £££££££ just in order to check whether any new module is appropriate for exports to UltraMFCD? Yeah, no.

So, folks, that's it. Game Over. Insert Coin.

Would it be possible to put your code on GitHub? I would love to have a look at it as what you've managed is very impressive! Also I might be able to keep it up to date (I'm a backend C# developer aswell)

• 6 months later...

I second -Dagger-s request Sgt_Baker! As much as I understand you beeing frustrated by the way ED treats programmers and contributors like you, what is the point in just letting your great work die? Nobody can use it anymore, as it crashes the lates DCS versions. By letting the community continue your work it would have been worth all the effort!

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

• 2 weeks later...

OK screw DCSW2.7, I have many DCSW builds(both stable and OB) where I can compare patches and benchmark various differences. I suggest folks to do the same on their SDDs. In case of uMFCD crashing DCS perhaps we can have uMFCD slewed to a 2.5.6. build (or some older patch) that we could use for SP homeplay with uMFCD feature and do our MP gameplay with 2.7 build that You don't use uMFCD for.

It's a great feature to have if you're a pitbuilderand have invested thousands into various panels and displays so it would be a shame if we don't follow uMFCD path.

Any links to a latest uMFCD download that works with any of the DCSW versions, I'd like to check it, try it out and see what can be done?

Thanks all and best regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...

Well sorry to resurrect an old thread but we have no Easy Monitor Config, lost a great opportunity with uMFCD and DCS/ED don’t seem to be interested in a paid DLC for this type of product.

Is there any hope on the horizon for something like this I have missed?