Pimax 8KX Benchmarks - DCS

TheHog107

Seen a few people here say the 8kx is a step up in clarity to the g2. 

Incorrect, the g2 is way sharper in its sweet spot, its just that it's sweet spot is smaller. 

Just got the 8kx (nope not a paid shill) and will report back. Atm it's a pain in the arse mixed with great potential so will get back to you. Fps seems OK BTW, it's just the ipd/sweetspot focus giving me crap. 

Pimax 8kx + Ryzen 5950X + 3090 (MSI Gaming X Trio, soft OC), normal fov on PiTool, 100% Steam SS -> 66 to 74 fps in DCS. Very very happy with the experience - when low on the deck, the ground stutters sometimes a bit, but that stays very acceptable (could be resolved but at the price of lowering the overall quality - a matter of personal sweet spot). The 8kx is an excellent VR device, I would only recommend the audio strap with "ordinary" earphones, I find the vanilla ear speakers situated 4cm on top of ears not so good.

Mmm…for that price I’d expect top-notch audio too. I’m sure Pimax are doing great work, but it has a little bit of that “start-up” feel about it.

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5