LGB stay crossed out / Trouble with Tpod

Viking 1-1

Hi all,

after some time in the Viper I came back to the Hornet. Wanted to try some LGB with the litening pod, but somehow I´m doing something wrong…

I set my Tpod to the Right DDI, found the target, pressed "sensor select switch" right again, to go into Point track mode. Still my target (or lets say SPI, according to the slew of a mav) was not the one I put the Point track on, the SPI was somewhere in the middle of nowhere, so I switched to the LGB.

Master Arm on, Air-to-Ground, bomb selected, Mode "Auto", MFUZ "Nose", EFUZ "INST", QTY 1, MULTI 1. I got a piper line and a Countdown, but "Auto" stayed crossed out, so I couldn´t release the bomb.

With MFUZ "off" I could release the bomb, but it hit far away, although I was lasing with my pod (Code both 1688, TRIGGER on Flir DDI boxed, Info in Flir that I´m lasing)

So what am I doing wrong in regard of the wrong SPI and the crossed out "Auto"?

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

Turn off your MFUZ. It will not work with MFUZ on. As to you’re distance problem, I have seen some issues with the laser being noticed with LMavs. Not sure if your experiencing the same issue. What does the TGP say after you pull the trigger?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you have your TPOD over your target, you should press the TDC to create a target point where it's looking. This should then be able to be used for dropping on auto. Works for me.

This is how I set it up.

Mode Auto

MFUZ Off

EFUZ Instant

Code (whatever code I want my bomb to follow)

Then go to TPOD. Slew onto target, press undesignate (I often have a waypoint designated as TGT close by). Press the TDC to create a new target point. Make sure laser designator is armed. And triggger on flir is selected

I then get the line to follow on auto mode.

Drop bomb, wait until time to impact is 10-20 seconds, hit trigger to lase.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

Turn off your MFUZ. It will not work with MFUZ on. As to you’re distance problem, I have seen some issues with the laser being noticed with LMavs. Not sure if your experiencing the same issue. What does the TGP say after you pull the trigger?

It changes from L Arm to the other LDR something message

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

When you have your TPOD over your target, you should press the TDC to create a target point where it's looking. This should then be able to be used for dropping on auto. Works for me.

This is how I set it up.

Mode Auto

MFUZ Off

EFUZ Instant

Code (whatever code I want my bomb to follow)

Then go to TPOD. Slew onto target, press undesignate (I often have a waypoint designated as TGT close by). Press the TDC to create a new target point. Make sure laser designator is armed. And triggger on flir is selected

I then get the line to follow on auto mode.

Drop bomb, wait until time to impact is 10-20 seconds, hit trigger to lase.

Ok, I'm not sure if I did the TDC press. Is this the same as the cage/uncage?

Ok, I'm not sure if I did the TDC press. Is this the same as the cage/uncage?

No, in the Controls for the F-18, it's called Throttle Designator Controller - Depress.

It's the same key you press to lock on to targets on the radar, and hold down to slew the maverick.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

No, in the Controls for the F-18, it's called Throttle Designator Controller - Depress.

It's the same key you press to lock on to targets on the radar, and hold down to slew the maverick.

Then I missed that for sure. Thanks, I will give it a try!