No dynamic campaign I suppose? Lets try this!!!

hreich

No dynamic campaign I suppose? Lets try this!!!  

5 members have voted

1. 1. No dynamic campaign I suppose? Lets try this!!!

• Yes
    • No

Ok......let's suppose there is not going to be a dynamic campaign :protest:. Cant somebody in developing team, make a fictional mercenary campaign with some kind of resource management?

For example...You are the wing leader of a international mercenary squad commanding 12 Ka-50. You have to buy weapons, make repairs and select new mission from different oil companies fighting for resources in the region. There would be a payment for each completed mission, and instead of goals, there would be money transfers for each completed goal.

Then you would have a budget with which you should order new equipment, weapons and parts for repair. How many of you out there would like that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

The "mercenary" storyline has been tried a few times. In Strike Commander (oldie but goodie) it worked. Strike Fighters: Project 1 tried the same thing. AFAIK nobody really uses the feature.

Strike Commander forced its use because that was the only storyline - you are a member of a mercenary F-16 squadron: make money or die. I think most of us prefer a well-concocted miltary combat scenario.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

In a related idea, I always thought it would be cool to have a game where you're in a fictitious country that starts out un-aligned with NATO or Warsaw/CIS. You have the task of procuring an airforce for your country. You can either buy East or West, but your choices will affect the various military campaigns you will fight through.

Think of it as Tropico with a flight simulator. :)

A mercenary campaign would remind me of U.N. Squadron. I wouldn't mind it, if it were one of a few campaigns. I kind of miss the "personal" squadrons where the AI had names, grew in skill, and there was some background story and cut scenes. I'm thinking of F-117A: Stealth Fighter 2.0, back in the early '90s. Might be able to grow the sim audience a bit with a bit of an RPG backstory.

MMMm, UN Squadron. I assume the map editor will have at least the same basic features of LO. So anyone could make themselves a nice campaign featuring pirates.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I said no, I never liked the idea much and I seriously doubt that BS currently has the means to support such an idea, besides what is wrong with flying for a national air force/army/navy?

I have been playing with it in Strike Fighters, but always seem to go back to the armed forces there aswell.

Cheers

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM