Am I Seeing This Correctly? DCS F-18 Bundles?

Zulu111

I'm in the hunt for my first full fidelity aircraft module. I have been looking at a wide variety of choices and I happened to see that if you buy one of the DCS F-18 Bundles it is cheaper in price than buying the DCS F-18 Module by itself? I was originally thinking of picking up the JF-17 Module but the price of the F-18 Bundles seem to be a better deal considering what you get. I also read that the F-18 isn't that difficult a jet to learn as compared to the Jf-17 so I'm thinking that going with the F-18 Bundle is the best choice. I just wanted to ask in case I am missing something that I haven't considered. Thank you.

Also is it true that if you buy more terrain (e.g. F-18 plus Persian Gulf Bundle) this gives you more missions/campaigns to play plus it allows you more ability to join Multiplayer Servers?

Edited by Pilot905

I'm in the hunt for my first full fidelity aircraft module. I have been looking at a wide variety of choices and I happened to see that if you buy one of the DCS F-18 Bundles it is cheaper in price than buying the DCS F-18 Module by itself? I was originally thinking of picking up the JF-17 Module but the price of the F-18 Bundles seem to be a better deal considering what you get. I also read that the F-18 isn't that difficult a jet to learn as compared to the Jf-17 so I'm thinking that going with the F-18 Bundle is the best choice. I just wanted to ask in case I am missing something that I haven't considered. Thank you.

Also is it true that if you buy more terrain (e.g. F-18 plus Persian Gulf Bundle) this gives you more missions/campaigns to play plus it allows you more ability to join Multiplayer Servers?

The F-18 is a fine module and I'd certainly say its a good first full fidelity module to start with.

And yes currently you can get the F-18 as either part of the Persian Gulf bundle or the Supercarrier bundle. I'd probably go for the Persian Gulf bundle myself and then use the fact you own the Hornet to get a discount on the Supercarrier if you want to go that far.

Regarding the terrains, Yes you can only fly terrains that you own. So if you want to fly missions, campaigns and multiplayer in those areas then yes you will have to purchase them. There are lots of servers running the default campaign but also plenty that are running other terrains as well.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I think ED wants everyone interested in carrier ops to get the Supercarrier, since it'll be a better experience for everyone, in both SP and MP. So they made it very affordable for anyone either already owning or wanting to get the Hornet.

I think that right now, it's a great time to get both or get the Hornet+PG and then use the fact that you own the Hornet to get a 50% on the Carrier module. I really don't think there's going to be another bundle combo like this for some time.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I think that right now, it's a great time to get both or get the Hornet+PG and then use the fact that you own the Hornet to get a 50% on the Carrier module. I really don't think there's going to be another bundle combo like this for some time.

Yep! Exactly!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The Hornet is a great and versatile entry into full fidelity aircraft and now is the best time to get it. As stated above, get the Hornet+Persian Gulf bundle and then the supercarrier on 50% discount. If you prefer naval ops or not, you won´t regret it. Just be aware that the SC is on pre-purchase and will approximately be relased at the end of Q1. The Hornet is not finished yet and still missing some features, but it´s very much mission capable and a dream to fly.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I think ED wants everyone interested in carrier ops to get the Supercarrier, since it'll be a better experience for everyone, in both SP and MP. So they made it very affordable for anyone either already owning or wanting to get the Hornet.

It’s not a better experience for everyone. We STILL don’t know the details of how it will interact in multiplayer with those who don’t own it. They’re pushing it heavily because they decided to create a new carrier to go with the Hornet instead of fixing the old one, and to do so had to build ‘extra’ functionality on top of it to justify a charge, and I have no doubt they would love to drop the old carrier ASAP.