Cannot map engine idle/start to Warthog throttle.

I have the TM Warthog HOTAS and I noticed a odd bug (?)

by default nothing was mapped to engine start (R CTRL/ALT+ HOME)

so I decided to map the 2 fuel flow switches to it because that's what I use them for on the F18. Except I cant, in fact I cant map anything on the throttle to those functions (right or left).. you click the appropriate square to do so and it simply will not bring up the window to map a button..

??

The TMWH Throttle gets a special .lua defining which controls are available to bind which is different than the default.lua which applies to generic other joysticks.

By default the TMWH Throttle is bound to special commands which control the idle-cutoff transition for each throttle handle. There is no reason to make other switches control it. Bind the cutoff buttons to the commands as Harzach says and demonstrate they work in the sim. At most it should take one cycle of the button to synchronize the throttle handles to your controller.

If you've been modifying \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\A-10C\Input\A-10C\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua or .diff.lua then you can always delete them and run a repair and it will download replacements.

If you mean \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-10C\joystick\Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua then just delete it and your personal preference for those binds will be reset to default

Im not modifying any files directly, only changing settings in game.

Then it's the second option. Delete the file, start DCS, and all binds will be restored to default for the TMH Warthog. Don't forget to check the Axis Commands section for double binds.

In-sim, you might find you need to cycle the throttle ON then back to IDLE for off-idle to work correctly during a cold start procedure.

dcs_sig.jpg

• 3 months later...