[NO BUG] Unlock stuck TWS (wrong) lock

majapahit

With the latest update, in TWS mode - which works great when it works - several times when I have a erroneous (1) TWS lock I can Not unlock/cycle.

Tried all the buttons, undesignate, depress again, which should have done this, try to change radar mode, which is locked also to TWS, reset simply resets to the same undesired lock.

Did I miss something?

Now when entering an ACM 20-10NM or so and with a wrong lock, a too far lock outside the encounter, or a friendly, I sometimes have to do a 360° and separate so to make time to unlock. That isn't right.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Or depress the OSB labeled RESET on the RDR ATTK page.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Can you include a short track showing the issue?

sorry no, but I will try 3x depress (didn't I?)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Let me know if you have luck with that, right now I will mark this as no bug.

I have had to depress the reset OSB button multiple times to get TWS to unlock a friendly, or enemy track. Have also had it lock things far outside the parameters of the TWS settings - I’m just assuming that they are still working on things internally. If it persists after the next update, I will then start working for a procedure to replicate and report. TWS definitely has its own set of bugs at the moment though.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The thing that makes this difficult to test is that a trackfile might be outside of the radar parameters, but still present in the system, in which case, you can still designate it. The actual contact might not be there anymore, but the MC is designating a trackfile in TWS, not necessarily a physical contact and that trackfile's position will be extrapolated until the next update. If the radar can't update the trackfile with an actual return within the fade-out time limit, then the track should be dropped, but not before that. At least that's how I understand trackfiles.

The issue I've had is that my TWS was designating a trackfile that moved outside the entire radar's limits (outside the 140 deg. azimuth), but the system still kept tracking and extrapolating the trackfile, until the fade-out time ran out. I have no idea if this is correct behavior, since extrapolation doesn't necessarily need to be limited to the radar's physical limits. But it would also be reasonable that a track would be immediately dropped if it went outside these limits or that at least an indication would be shown to the pilot, that this is an extrapolated-only track.

In my case, the track was stuck to the side of the radar scope and rapidly flickering, looked like it was glitching, until it got dropped, that's clearly a bug.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Does this help? Note the repeated mashing of RESET to no effect, and how long the radar reported a speed of M1.2. Something is clearly wrong with both the implementation of RESET and the MSI trackfile simulation.

UFEGphvXQNM

Have you tried switching from AUTO to MAN in TWS? Seems to me that the MAN mode, when depressing RESET, clears quicker/easier. Not sure if that has something to do with it. Personally, I don't use the AUTO mode in TWS. Seems to create fewer issues.

Cheers,

Don

Does this help? Note the repeated mashing of RESET to no effect, and how long the radar reported a speed of M1.2. Something is clearly wrong with both the implementation of RESET and the MSI trackfile simulation.

It also shows the trackfile altitude as 0.0. I've had this issue before, where I saw donated contacts marked with 0.0 altitude, after TWS was introduced, both on the F-18 and the F-16. Makes me think it's not picking up an actual aircraft. Was it?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

The clip starts after the target aircraft was killed and falling to the ground. That's no problem, but once the altitude reaches zero or negative and remains there for some time, the trackfile should be purged.

Ziptie, AUTO/MAN should not affect the operation of the RESET option. Also, TWS AUTO is invaluable, if it's causing you issues it shouldn't be. (Hence the thread to try to fix these types of issues, rather than ignore them and choose not to use important modes of the radar.)

The clip starts after the target aircraft was killed and falling to the ground. That's no problem, but once the altitude reaches zero or negative and remains there for some time, the trackfile should be purged.

Ziptie, AUTO/MAN should not affect the operation of the RESET option. Also, TWS AUTO is invaluable, if it's causing you issues it shouldn't be. (Hence the thread to try to fix these types of issues, rather than ignore them and choose not to use important modes of the radar.)

Yeah, I've never tried AUTO mode in TWS. Only manual, as that is what it defaults to. Personally, I don't have any issues with the TWS mode in the Hornet. Sure, when you go back to RWS, PRF isn't interleaved and the azimuth / bar scan is changed from your default settings - but not a big issue for me, again personally, to change these back to desired setting(s). Or you can "SET" the desired default parameters for each weapon type, then when you go back to RWS, they will come back. Was simply asking the other person who was posting, what mode they were using. No issues here, all good.

Cheers,

Don

It's the same for me, you can't remove the target lock often, you need to enable switching between RWS and TWS modes, and Aim-9, Aim-120 to lock the target has been removed. The RESET button does not help. The radar can block a friendly target behind me. This was a problem before, but patch 2.5.6 often causes radar problems more than before. I fly 90% in a multiplayer game. There are also problems with IFF, it often turns out that the alleged enemy was not the enemy or vice versa. Unfortunately, lately in the game I do not fight with other planes, but with on-board systems on my plane ... Well, beta is beta, I keep my teeth clenched and cry gently in the pillow.

Edited by padonis

RWS when you have created at DT1 and DT2, NWS will switch between tracks. Not sure if this is correct behavior, as I understood it to be a feature/function of TWS only....

Cheers,

Don

RWS when you have created at DT1 and DT2, NWS will switch between tracks. Not sure if this is correct behavior, as I understood it to be a feature/function of TWS only....

From talking to some people that know more about it than me, it's indeed a feature in LTWS as well. Also stepping the L&S through the ranked tracks, if a DT2 is not designated.

-

From talking to some people that know more about it than me, it's indeed a feature in LTWS as well. Also stepping the L&S through the ranked tracks, if a DT2 is not designated.

Cheers,

Don

TWS same issue can't unlock target lock goes into terrain.

Yeah i had the exact same problem on the Growling sidewinder server yesterday. New problem since the last time i played was 2 weeks ago, and everything with the hornets radar was fine. Now it won't unlock targets, even breaking line of sight behind terrain does nothing.

Something is definitely wrong with it right now