Sellin PC & Flight Sim Kit

Johnny Dioxin

The X56 linked to HERE has just gone to CEX - fortunately, they just increased what they'll pay for it - plus I will actually get money back on an i7 4770k p/x (with 2 year warranty). It's been available here since July last year. Even the graphics cards I had advertised in that post went to CEX (the money paid for a new Oculus Quest!).

I'm disappointed - this will be the last item I will post for sale on any forums. I always offer my stuff on flight sim forums before anywhere else, and always cheaper - cheaper even than ebay. My stuff is always very well looked after and always in perfect working order, with everything that originally came in the box - including the original box itself. I always wait a couple of months before advertising elsewhere, as well.

The only thing that has actually sold from a forum, was the TM Warthog HOTAS to a guy in Bulgaria - who was very happy with it.

Yet when I have stuff stuff to give away for free - be it a module or (once expensive-) hardware, people are queueing up. I've sent entire PC systems across the country at no cots to the recipient.

When I opened a marketplace shop on Amazon to sell a lot of hardware I'd amassed as a result of ever changing new technology, everything I had for sale was gone within a couple of months. Unfortunately, it's not worth doing this with only a couple of items to sell.

When I read around the forums of people having to make do with crappy cheap joysticks or things like the HOTAS X (I've had one as a back-up - it was awful compared to what I'm used to and it sold very quickly in my Amazon shop) I feel compelled to advertise my decent stuff here - yet rarely is there any interest at all, and when, the interested party will usually just at some stage simply disappear without another word.

Maybe that many people don't look in this forum? Maybe they are mostly in far-off parts of the world that would make it uneconomical to deliver to (but I know there are many members in the UK and Europe making do with poor kit). This item itself is a top quality HOTAS, in excellent condition - like new - and yet I can't even sell it for £100, even offering payent terms for those that are hard up (which, believe it or not, I am myself, as a mortgage-paying pensioner - I just have certain priorities and my PC is high on the list). Just about everything I have bought for every PC I've owned, including the PCs themselves, has either been on credit or some deal I've struck with a generous fellow enthusiast.

I would suggest that those making do and not so well off do have a regular look at the items for sale forum and also if something is just out of your budget, ask. Asking costs nothing and maybe you'll get a nice surprise, or be offered terms not mentioned in the sale post.

Here is the For Sale forum: https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=144

Anyway, I doubt I will advertise stuff for sale here any more - with great disappointment I have to say, because I feel I'm not doing myself any favours at all. Good luck to those who do. :v:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Actually, you have a point in putting this here. I hardly ever look into the 'marketplace' sub forum myself, despite having a need or two at times. To me personally it's just a mixture of the issues you pointed out:

- it's not that easy to actually find what you are looking for; there is sim gear, PC parts, displays, both for sale and threads of people looking to buy. Not a serious problem, but it makes looking through it quickly a bit of a chore

- slightly related, so far every time I actually did find something I was seriously interested in, I was too late

- shipping is generally a bit of a problem, so location is an issue

- rarely really the problem, but some bits I personally would rather not buy used

Either way you definitely have a point in that I, too, should probably take a look there a bit more often.