Logitech G Rudder Pedals

Cerulean

I am fairly new to DCS. I had been using a Saitek X-52 Pro for several years for other purposes and it worked flawlessly. Yesterday Amazon ran a crazy sale on TM Warthogs and I bought one, so now rudder pedals will be a necessity.

I actually wanted to make the sim feel more real so I bought a Logitech G rudder pedal set, last week, before I even bought the Warthog. But I hear mixed opinions on these. They are rated 4.5 stars on Amazon but some persons say they suffer longevity issues. I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on the Logitech G rudder pedals. I know the company sometimes gets some hate but I've been using their keyboard, mouse and a G13 for years without issue, as well as the X-52 Pro (which is from the Saitek days before Logitech was supposed to have improved the quality control). Sometimes I think persons just like to hate on the mid-price range stuff. But I'd just like some honest opinions on the long term use of the Logitech pedals.

I'd like to get VDK pedals but I live in Canada and between shipping and import fees, they would cost almost twice as much. Honestly, if the Logitech G rudder pedals are likely to last a few years, I would just as well keep them. I'm not hard on equipment and I can say they are very accurate. If they last, I'm good with them.

I think they are a great option for you. I own Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals (same model as yours, they look unchanged since Logitech took over) and they have given me good service for 5+ years, with moderate usage.

I also have a Warthog and find it to be a very satisfactory combination. Eventually I'd like those TM Pendular pedals, but that's another $500 - and I need to upgrade my system before spending that much on pedals.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have x56 and same rudder as you, of course you can have better one, but I'm average dcs pilot and I'm quite happy with them. I never used others so hard to compare but they do their job. They work better then flying with z-axis in x56 especially in helicopters.

BTW if you have G13 you may find this https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307532/ useful.

Nokia 6.1 with Tapatalka

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

Thanks. I guess I'll stick with the G pedals. I'm a casual DCS user. I try to get in a mission, mostly offline because I live in remote Canada where internet is poor, 4 or 5 times per week. I shoot a lot of nature videography and I have found DCS to be an excellent training tool for practicing the flying of camera drones. It teaches one to think in the 3D world of flight.