F14 trim problem - pulls hard to the sky

bswift

It's an intermittent fault Mike. When it happens you can move the trim down as far as it will let it go, hold your finger on it until the trim needle on the gauge is several degrees negative and even at that you have to push the stick virtually full forward to even fly level.

It hasn't happened much to me tbh but it does it on occasion and when it does its a real pain to get the ac home.

I have an X55 throttle and a Virpil VFX stick.

Copy. I will keep my eyes open, and if it happens again, please let me know.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Copy. I will keep my eyes open, and if it happens again, please let me know.

ive had the same issue, impossible to reproduce and a pita when it happens lol soooo many problems like this atm its driving us nuts

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

• 2 months later...

just had this issue with a wathog hotas set the trim binds to key board and was not registering trim change even after holding trim down for 60 seconds or so do have g29 wheel all axis are cleared from options and all modules trim works except the tomcat .... don't mean to revive a old thread but hey it has happened 2 days in row soo hope happens 3rd so can trouble shoot

Experienced also (same with F18 ). It's a bug with 'weight on wheels' is what I think, does not happen often, but who knows.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

just had this issue with a wathog hotas set the trim binds to key board and was not registering trim change even after holding trim down for 60 seconds or so do have g29 wheel all axis are cleared from options and all modules trim works except the tomcat .... don't mean to revive a old thread but hey it has happened 2 days in row soo hope happens 3rd so can trouble shoot

found a solution am using version 2.5.6.55960

in options

tab special F-14B

uncheck box use FFb trim implementation

tab Misc.

uncheck Force Feedback

uncheck Synchronize Cockpit Controls with HOTAS Controls at Mission Start

this is the solution that worked for me i hope this helps others

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Not to revive an old thread (but I will) -- I had this happen just now.

The thing is - I WANT to have the FFB trim implementation since I'm flying an FFB base. At the cold start the neutral point was well to the front, leaving small amount of movement range (kind of similar to F5) -- but after the engines were running at some point it switched places, as in, the neutral point moved well to aft, leaving barely any movement range to aft.

I could, however, trim it out and she flew well afterwards.

My question would be - is this normal? Did I just forget to trim it to zero? Is the trim randomly set or something? I'm not flying the 14 much, so I just don't know. 

• Windows 11 Pro, RTX4090 (24GB), 5950X @ 4.3GHz, 64GB RAM @ 3000MHz, M.2 SSD 8TB, Pimax Crystal
  • Modules and maps: All of 'em. (It's a problem...)

I've just recently started to have issues with F-14.  Seems my Tomcat just wants to pitch up or down WAY more than did previously. My trim adjusts it but never seems to stay. Im constantly having to adjust trim. Way more than prior.

10 hours ago, TMP95 said:

I've just recently started to have issues with F-14.  Seems my Tomcat just wants to pitch up or down WAY more than did previously. My trim adjusts it but never seems to stay. Im constantly having to adjust trim. Way more than prior.

It was never meant to be hands free flying. Use AP when needed. Trim is just for the force to come off the stick.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I've also had a problem with trim during the F-14A cold start IA on the Sinai map. Tried it twice now and both times I'm unable.e to trim for landing.

Despite trying to trim for on speed nothing happens the needle doesn't move either.

Checked my control bindings,have nose up trim mapped to down, down left and down right on the VFX grips hat but nada when in flight.

It might be something I'm doing but I've managed lots of landings previously 

I've also had a problem with trim during the F-14A cold start IA on the Sinai map. Tried it twice now and both times I'm unable.e to trim for landing.

Despite trying to trim for on speed nothing happens the needle doesn't move either.

Checked my control bindings,have nose up trim mapped to down, down left and down right on the VFX grips hat but nada when in flight.

Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand