Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

I don't think it possible to have the prowler version but an A-6 certainly is possible and I believe would be well received.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Su-27SM / MIG-29SMT

Yep, any modern(ized) variant of the Flanker or Fulcrum - or even the Frogfoot - would be eagerly awaited by myself (export versions if that makes access for ED easier).

But I also believe it's going to be the F-15C made into a full fidelity DCS module, which would be nice to have - and probably could be done relatively quickly measured by how long a DCS module usually takes to develop.

An Apache DCS module would be even more exciting, and eagerly awaited as well.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

F-117A Nighthawk

May not be enjoyed by everyone as a pure ground pounder with very limited loadout, but propably the only Stealth aircraft old enough (and out of service) to have a least a tiny small chance to be represented in DCS in the next few years. And i´d love to try that thing out in SAM flooded envroinments on a study level sim...

For what reason you need that when you already can fly without fear in heavy SAM environments without getting shot down, unless you pick up a obsolete aircraft like a L-39 for a task...?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

F-4 and AH-1 are both aircraft we know are in dev but unofficially, ie not yet formally announced. It's 99% likely to be one of those.

Both have been announced and both have been put on hold. I really doubt it either of these. Maybe it's not even a completely unannounced module but one that we haven't seen much of yet? Like seeing some detailed in game stuff of the hind. We haven't seen anything but wip cockpit pictures yet.

Edit: disregard my hind idea. Wording implies its something completely unannounced thus far.

Edited by Jester986

F-4 and AH-1 are both aircraft we know are in dev but unofficially, ie not yet formally announced. It's 99% likely to be one of those.

Nineline said in Hoggit it’s not F-4 and wasn’t in the video, that it is completely “un-announced.”

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

For what reason you need that when you already can fly without fear in heavy SAM environments without getting shot down, unless you pick up a obsolete aircraft like a L-39 for a task...?

I don´t need... i want.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Y'all are barking up the wrong tree. Once 2.5.6 hits, DCS will finally have the horsepower to handle this BEAST

Bell_47-OH-13_inflight_bw.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Y'all are barking up the wrong tree. Once 2.5.6 hits, DCS will finally have the horsepower to handle this BEAST

Bell_47-OH-13_inflight_bw.jpg

That is a wrong module, I want this!

maxresdefault.jpg

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I wish they would at least tell us if it's a modern aircraft or warbird. I'm hoping for modern.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I'm 99% sure that it's going to be the F-15C.

The WWII team is currently focused on the P-47 before moving on to the Mosquito. The helicopter team is working on the Hind (which still seems pretty early in development), with a side-order of UH-1 multi-crew. Meanwhile, the modern aircraft team are finishing off the F/A-18 and the F-16.

I feel as though the early introduction of the Viper demonstrated a couple of things. Firstly, ED's desire to leverage and repurpose existing features and tech, and secondly, their prioritising of "big name" aircraft with significant sales potential. The F-15C seems like the most obvious next step:

1. It completes the "teen series" set (the -14, -15, -16 and -18 )

2. It almost certainly leverages many of the under-the-hood features that ED has had to develop for the Hornet and the Viper.

3. It's been the USAF's mainstay for decades, and is truly iconic.

4. Wag's has now used "eagerly awaited" on two separate occasions.

I'd personally much rather see a Flanker, Fulcrum, or Apache, but I'd be pretty amazed if the Eagle wasn't the next big announcement.

Edited by Pizzicato

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Bringing this from another thread to stir the pot more, but the poll that was taken it seems the Apache is a strong possibility since the F-4 has been ruled out for a while...:pilotfly:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=254806&highlight=DCS+aircraft

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I'm not sure further development of the f-15c makes sense, for two reasons:

A.) It sets a precedent that leaves people clamoring even more loudly to develop existing aircraft out of the FC3 standard to "full clickyness"

B.) Development of F-15e elsewhere and -C model by ED would take a bit of wind out of each other's sails, and if I remember correctly ED has worked to avoid those types of conflicts. For some people it's important to have a specific variant of an aircraft, who's gonna long up 80 bux or so for both a -c and an -e? Or why would they buy one when they already have the other? Furthermore, there's bound to be plenty of hurt feelings from FC3 owners if ED charges for a full fidelity model of what they already have. (I base that statement off of what I've seen in the supercarrier threads)

I'm not sure what qualifies as "eagerly awaited" since the aircraft spoken about most often are confirmed as delayed or in development by someone else...but I'm pretty sure rehashing an FC3 aircraft won't be their big announcement

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

il_570xN.913235457_r0sa.jpg

The MK I mod 0 doghouse!

In all seriousness, I would love to see the Apache modeled especially (I know this will be an unpopular opinion) an early -A model. But I would like to see how ED implements the split workload of a tandem cockpit in the Hind first. I would love to see more helos, and more cold war era equipment rather than the latest-and-greatest .

Boeing AH-64 Apache!

System:

I beleive that the the SU -35 is not the answer with how Russian veiw that aircraft. It to new.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw