Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Let's see.

It's gotta be advanced, gen 4 definitely, and it's gotta be red air

chinese_p_1570555476.jpg

Oof, always liked auto gyros wondered if they would be possible as a mod. But you know that got me thinking this is a good opportunity to extend into new territory for DCS like Ghana, you know Katanka....

8CF0C0F0-CFEE-42E9-B98C-832848C02290.jpeg.d1faec03e8bec725fd179fa2770732b7.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I really, really, really hope either MiG-29A or Su-27A.

Su-27A? The first serial production model is the Su-27S :-)

Then there is Su-27SK that was the export version of the S, and then came the Su-27SM later, but before that even the Su-27M (aka Su-35) became to be in development.

972562235_Su-27Family.thumb.jpg.4bc3f787fe917eceb0924ecb658f4c0e.jpg

As you can see, Su-27S line has kept upgraded to SM, SM2 and SM3 models, and from those as well is drawn combining Su-27SM2 with Su-27SK development line the Su-27M2 aka Su-35S version, their latest 4++ fighter.

So getting anything newer than Su-27S is likely pretty much out of the question, as there might be lots of things that are still drawn from it to other aircrafts like Su-25SM2 or so.

It will be fun to see what ED will get out, as if it is now the F-15C, I would say it is a boring because then they really have the Teen Series completed and there is nothing else than MiG-21Bis and MiG-23MLA from Soviet Union. For Red For there is of course the JF-17, but people already consider it as Western fighter because Pakistan manufacturing (west alliance) and Imperial avionics.

There is just so many "Highly expected" aircrafts, that eventually will let down many as so many is wishing all kind different aircrafts.

And we don't even really know is it even Cold War related, Fighter related or what...

Interesting times :D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Oof, always liked auto gyros wondered if they would be possible as a mod. But you know that got me thinking this is a good opportunity to extend into new territory for DCS like Ghana, you know Katanka....

What the.....

Those are like from DARPA... after couple too long nights and too much sake...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

It’s called the KTK-02. In order to use the rockets it has to land and tilt the rockets up. Here’s their “jet,” and a video of their other products

I’m sure their Apostle will be very open to sharing the original documents

AC0156A8-66E1-49FA-A1DF-A95572412C8B.thumb.jpeg.48b8462bcd2a36d8576543baf55df8f4.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Yeah, my thoughts on this are that I see a ton of repeated demand from the community for something 4th gen and "red"/Russian to go toe to toe with the F18/16 or at least close.

But as folks have said, ED has been very leery about this. So who knows, I sure hope its right as this is my preference as well.

The F15C, it makes the most sense as folks have stated, but honestly I think people are getting burned out on 4th Gen blue air, again just an opinion.

That said, I think (maybe naively) that it would be a really easy airframe to do at this point. You basically have all its weapons already in game, you already have the PFM already (maybe you tweak it), and you do have to model A/A radar modes, and all the actual systems, but in most ways you have done the hard work already with the viper and hornet. The main unique system on the F15 is the TEWS has/had some interesting capabilities, but ED has dropped/delayed the ball on modeling EW stuff so maybe that is simplified and/or left out ("Or later in EA"). You still do have to do an upadted 3D pit, and maybe external model too. Realistically I consider the F16 dev time to current day (6-8 months to EA IIRC?) would lead to a pretty complete F15C IMO, probably even faster. No AG anything to model (or not much) and you have pre-existing tech for most of the other systems.

Beyond that, IDK what module people really want or anticipating in the modern era.

IMO it makes the most sense to fill in the existing gaps. For example for the CW era AC you do the F4 and a few others since we have the "mig" space more or less covered from 1950-1980 (with the mig23 coming), about the only thing red needs are some 60/70's strikers (Su-7/17/22 being the logical one). Or you focus on modern Red A/C for the same reason and now my argument has gone full circle :).

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

you beat me to it! google apostle safo for more :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The F15C, it makes the most sense as folks have stated, but honestly I think people are getting burned out on 4th Gen blue air, again just an opinion.

That said, I think (maybe naively) that it would be a really easy airframe to do at this point. You basically have all its weapons already in game, you already have the PFM already (maybe you tweak it), and you do have to model A/A radar modes, and all the actual systems, but in most ways you have done the hard work already with the viper and hornet. The main unique system on the F15 is the TEWS has/had some interesting capabilities, but ED has dropped/delayed the ball on modeling EW stuff so maybe that is simplified and/or left out ("Or later in EA"). You still do have to do an upadted 3D pit, and maybe external model too. Realistically I consider the F16 dev time to current day (6-8 months to EA IIRC?) would lead to a pretty complete F15C IMO, probably even faster. No AG anything to model (or not much) and you have pre-existing tech for most of the other systems.

the 4th gen blue air burnout is real. and a reissue of an existing model is, as you describe it, low hanging fruit. for a tepid offering like that , i could see them saying outright: hey, we're gonna re-release the f15c. Knowing that people seem to enjoy speculating,debating, and perhaps arguing over upcoming mystery releases I doubt ED would set into motion a hype train over that. I think it would be a new airframe.

it would be nice to have some parity with red air, but id like to see something that wasn't a flanker variant (im sure you'd disagree, Harli)

for all we know, theyd toss a SPAD our way just to screw with us!

s7-5a.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

The teens are Toyota camrys. Yea they do everything really well but they're not very exciting or fun to drive.

The Tomcat would like a word.

(But yeah, I get your point.:smilewink:)

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Can't be the following, so please stop mentioning them:

1) P-47 - Already confirmed, no secret.

2) F-4 - Officially on hold

3) Mi-24 - Already confirmed, no secret

4) Mosquito - Already confirmed, no secret

5) A-6 - This is a Heatblur project, not ED, so it can't be the "secret" module

6) No chance of a modern fighter, too much classified data, forget about Typhoon, F-22 and the likes.

F-4 is the only aircraft I have been eagerly awaiting since the MiG-21bis was announced. Discounting all other announced projects, I have no idea what everyone else was eagerly awaiting beyond the F/A-18, F-14, and F-16 that have already been released.

Could it be the Me262?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also expected the C to get a promotion to full module relatively soon...until the RAZBAM E was announced. Having worked on/with software development contracts before (though not specifically within ED of course) there is now a 0.0% chance of ED upgrading the Charlie Eagle in the foreseeable future. We can list all the differences between each model until we're blue in the face, but at the end of the day they would absolutely cannibalize each others sales. Yeah some of us would buy both, but the vast majority of people would buy one or the other. Hell, I don't even think I'd buy both.

F-117A Nighthawk

May not be enjoyed by everyone as a pure ground pounder with very limited loadout, but propably the only Stealth aircraft old enough (and out of service) to have a least a tiny small chance to be represented in DCS in the next few years. And i´d love to try that thing out in SAM flooded envroinments on a study level sim...

I'd be excited for this and there's now maybe enough publicly available info to do the aircraft justice. But, I don't think DCS World is currently sophisticated enough for the F-117. My understanding of the radio environment is transmitters/receivers simulate fairly primitive attenuation and masking...and not much else. Aircraft have a given RCS number but, besides notching, changing aspects/materials/environmental effects/etc. aren't accounted for. There should be a long list of core radio environment updates to DCSW before ED considers adding stealth aircraft.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

My humble 2 cents? As has been stated, we've almost saturated the BLUE 4th gen, and given that RAZBAM are doing the F-15E, I don't think there would be a lot of appetite for a pair of Eagles...

Logic says to me that ED wants to balance the stable, but I'm not sure if the contractual and licensing rubbish surrounding the Lock-On planes is done and dusted. That rules out the Su-25, Su-27, Su-33 and MiG-29A, G and S.... but it doesn't rule out the K and it's certainly a module that a lot of people have asked for, hence the "Eagerly awaited" comment.

Add to that, we have the DCS Supercarrier (Not DCS Nimitz class) module around the corner with a new Kuznetsov too, and I'm sure ED would want people to have a study-level aircraft to fly off of her...

Finally, it opens another market up. The JF-17 just provided another study-level aircraft for Pakistan and China, the MiG-29K would, of course, be great for the Russian market, but it also adds a modern jet for India other than the Mirage 2000, the second-most populous country in the world where I'm sure there are more than a few flight simulator fans, whose wallets ED would like access to, and of course, it would be very much at home flying off of the INS Vikramaditya (Kuznetsov class) carrier :)

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.... but it doesn't rule out the K and it's certainly a module that a lot of people have asked for, hence the "Eagerly awaited" comment.

Add to that, we have the DCS Supercarrier (Not DCS Nimitz class) module around the corner with a new Kuznetsov too, and I'm sure ED would want people to have a study-level aircraft to fly off of her...

While I'd love a -29K..favorite plane in F2.5...I don't think they'd be able to model the newest versions going to India (requiring another carrier, although that might not be out of reach now) and supposedly replacing the Su-33's for Russia.

I really hope it's a mainstream REDFOR fighter more than anything, just have a feeling it'll be Blue.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I also expected the C to get a promotion to full module relatively soon...until the RAZBAM E was announced. Having worked on/with software development contracts before (though not specifically within ED of course) there is now a 0.0% chance of ED upgrading the Charlie Eagle in the foreseeable future. We can list all the differences between each model until we're blue in the face, but at the end of the day they would absolutely cannibalize each others sales. Yeah some of us would buy both, but the vast majority of people would buy one or the other. Hell, I don't even think I'd buy both.

I don’t necessarily agree with that, RAZBAM has repeatedly stated they themselves are making several additional versions of the harrier, (FRS1, AV-8B+, AV-8A, Gr.3) same story with the mirage. So if they don’t mind competing with themselves for sales on several models that have commonality. I don’t see why ED would have a problem making the F-15C especially since the most difficult and time consuming aspect of the module, the flight model, is already complete and verified. It seems like pretty low hanging fruit for them.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I don’t necessarily agree with that, RAZBAM has repeatedly stated they themselves are making several additional versions of the harrier, (FRS1, AV-8B+, AV-8A, Gr.3) same story with the mirage. So if they don’t mind competing with themselves for sales on several models that have commonality. I don’t see why ED would have a problem making the F-15C especially since the most difficult and time consuming aspect of the module, the flight model, is already complete and verified. It seems like pretty low hanging fruit for them.

I think Razbam is going to run into trouble with this. They have stated every Harrier will be full prive regardless of modules owned. For the FRS1 sure, I'll happily pay it. There's very little cross over there. But there's no way I'm paying full price just put to out AMRAAMs on my Harrier with the II+.

I really hope they solve the whole selling variants separately thing. A way to pool variants that share flight models and other systems, sell one for xx, another for xx, and upgrade to have both for xxx. I know how limited this market is and selling a separate variant has diminishing returns(obviously the FRS1 is different enough). I mean I guess it is precedented now since you will be able to pay for Iglas and DIRCM in Ka-50. A lot of bank could be made off of D variants of the Teen fighters we have from ED I think also....

Edited by AeriaGloria

I think Razbam is going to run into trouble with this. They have stated every Harrier will be full prive regardless of modules owned. For the FRS1 sure, I'll happily pay it. There's very little cross over there. But there's no way I'm paying full price just put to out AMRAAMs on my Harrier with the II+.

We already have two FW-190s. I don’t see why we can’t have 2 F-15s especially when one is half done. You might not want an AV-8B+ others may not want an AV-8B N/A if it’s easy to make both for them, how does that not increase sales opportunities for them, seems like a simple way to give people what they want. For ED and RAZBAM.

Also the difference between the F-15s is almost akin to the difference between an FRS1 and AV-8B. It’s a lot more then the the difference between + and N/A

Edited by Wizard_03

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Haven't read the whole 10 pages so far but I'm really hoping we will get something like the Sikorsky UH-60 Blackhawk. Its in service with so many countries and services both the US Army and US Navy (well the SH-60 but close enough...and certainly beats seeing gazelles on the back of destroyers guarding the Stennis!!).

Otherwise, I'm hoping for a NATO helicopter gunship - ideally the AH64 or AH1. We need more helicopters in DCS. Its a bit of an immersion killer trying to do modern day ops flying in troops in 1960s/1970s era Hueys.

For jets...we definitely need a Redfor attack aircraft like the SU30 or something like that.

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super