Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Expected this thread to be half wishlist. Was not dissappointed.

Were / are there any clues in the latest DCS 2020 and Beyond video that we know of?

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

No Flankers at any point:lol:

I go with this.

G.A. said "the big reveal" is not in the 2020 video. And Wags pointed to all new things. And was it S.D. who posted a list of appearances with timestamps to that video. But no Flanker mentioned by any of them.

So: FF Flanker

And let's be honest all of us who make a wish: what is more eagerly awaited than breaking the dogma of "no modern FF Russian aircraft"?

Or that this all started with the game Flanker.

But if so what model, SK would be pretty old, but there weren’t that many SM either. SM would be able to use their ground radar though

FD777B6A-996B-481E-9BD2-5A9EE05B0E83.thumb.jpeg.09739f22915574554e7952d89dd4724d.jpeg

4E0FA030-FC5A-40DC-83A9-81747FBA8628.thumb.jpeg.d56ad3a62f0c4233a3ec9994a6335760.jpeg

FCE7DB25-7C7A-4D79-9D78-DE6B03AA8C38.jpeg.8478ba4723d58a87777a319ff851373a.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It would be a logical step to do Apache after Hind. A Blue Attack Heli is along with the missing Red FF Fighter the biggest Gap in DCS

With Multicrew and some kind of AI-Gunner/Pilot for the Single Pilots working, the Base is there.

Especially with the upcoming OH-58D an Apache A would be an awesome Addition.

Everything is subject to change.

Wags once said, that there is nothing stopping a third party from developing full study Flanker or Fulcrum and that this is something they are "looking into". On top of that, he mentioned going as far as even 30 or 35. If the reveal is indeed huge it yields something extraordinary.

Su-30 / Su-35 since MiG-35 is not MiG-29, that could also be it. I think it is Su-35.

That would certainly melt my brain and would be doing the same as you mentioned you would if it was Apache.

Honestly, though, I feel it is going to be something that so far was regarded as "not an option".

Whatever it is, bring it on. I will gladly take part in Early Access for this one as well.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It would be great if they did, i just wondering how voice commands would simulate

Probably not at all, that apparently didnt really work that well IRL.

Have a listen to the fighter pilot podcast episode on the Eurofighter, the pilot mentions it.

What if all FC3 are going to be HiFi ??? :D

That would be badass. I just don't believe it for a second :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

That was my assumption as well after seeing the 2020 trailer, but (luckily) Glowing AMRAAM mentioned that the unannounced module is not present in the trailer.

Ah ok :) - just remembered someone from ED(think it was Nick Grey) being quite enthusiastic about doing the Mosquito at one point, so I thought it could be that.

That would be badass. I just don't believe it for a second :)

If not that, then I'm stumped. I mean, FSX has got the hot air balloon *and* the space shuttle, and quite frankly I don't know how DCS can top that.:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Ok - I didn't know it was already in the plans.

It was announced some time ago, but I can't find it. There's screen shots on the DCS site though...they've got it with 3 different liveries including a blue& tan IDF one...if this was a ww2 AI only asset, there'd be no use for the IDF livery

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

G.A. said "the big reveal" is not in the 2020 video. And Wags pointed to all new things. And was it S.D. who posted a list of appearances with timestamps to that video. But no Flanker mentioned by any of them.

So: FF Flanker

And let's be honest all of us who make a wish: what is more eagerly awaited than breaking the dogma of "no modern FF Russian aircraft"?

Where is that list with timestamp?

As I made list in order of first time presented in the video and couldn't see Su-27 either. But I am unsure about the third being either MiG-29 or Su-27 as it is so small and fuzzy.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4199098&postcount=177

The position is here:

so 35 seconds in video.

If someone doesn't already know, comma and point to move backward and forward by single frame. Easy to go check individual frames.

As if that is not Flanker that shoots something down, then Su-27S is not in the video at all. The F-15 instead is and so on can't be the surprise module then.

So what was that in the 36 second position as I can't make it out?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.