Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

But what if ED pull a *insert dev name here* and its some aerobatic biplane?

Eagerly awaited aircraft, a aerobatic biplane? Okay... :megalol:

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

For it to be 'brain melting' it has to be something that we all think can't be done - which means it can't be something they've already said they intend to do - like the AH-1 or AH-64, or the F-4 or the F-15C.

Those aren't 'brain melting', they're 'Oh good, I've been looking forward to that'

No, most of what's been mentioned doesn't even toast the mind.

They have to be something we think won't get done -

Su-27SM, Mig-29K those would slightly melt my mind.

or, following on from the Ka-50E.D.

a M.A.C. Su-57, that would be mind bending...

(Though I'm crossing my fingers and toes [odd number of] for an Su-27SM or an Su-25SM)

Cheers.

But what if ED pull a *insert dev name here* and its some aerobatic biplane?

before you say no, just think about it...

full fidelity , of course:

1936_Hindenburg_landing.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

true enough, but you could get by if you simulate 2 permanent engine failures,

or model the port two and starboard two as single engines i suppose.

maybe 2.5.6 includes support for more engines?

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

two....but they were promising something big, and this definitely (along with breaking the two engine barrier) has that covered

System:

I can’t let myself get carried away

nothing there that makes my shrivelled heart go pitter patter but then it could be the lack of gauges, or that ive got a hankering for mid-to-late cold war era stuff for now.

System:

nothing there that makes my shrivelled heart go pitter patter but then it could be the lack of gauges, or that ive got a hankering for mid-to-late cold war era stuff for now.

There is solution, when upgrading Su-27 to SM standard, bolt chronometer to side, you’ll be happy!

ECD4DC2F-47E0-49FD-98F6-DF0D3F7C0C30.thumb.jpeg.b8d6074918ba96cef905442c84aed8e6.jpeg

5B2A9D3D-15EB-4EB6-AB03-DD4173412C40.jpeg.88f7f750f82eb174ff9862feb46fe355.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

MiG-29K it was just two prototypes. Combat MiG-29K was produced for Indian Navy in 2009 - about 40planes and for Russian Navy in 2016 - about 20 planes. About such modern low serie and multi nation Russian plane we can definitely forget. Oh, and MiG-29 was included in the trailer so not this plane.

But classic Su-27S? It was not in the trailer, theoretically they speak it's impossible, but maybe this is why they are so proud of and confident?

I can’t let myself get carried away

The MiG-29 is such a nice airframe until you put a second seat on it. An early original would be my favorite, although if it really is not from the trailer, the 29 is out anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Depending on how you interpret “it wasn’t in the trailer.” Showing a 9.12 doesn’t have to mean it can’t be a 9.31 or 9.15.

I was always on the 9.12/Su-27SK bench but with how advanced the F-18/F-16 are, the technology developed for them, I’m going to run with this. They have never been consistent with their reasons for avoiding red air, I think that it was a financial decision was the closest to the truth, and that the time has come where they see a financial opportunity in a counter to their blue air. Mikoyan had some bad press from low serviceability rates for the K in India, they need a PR lift! And yeah not many were made, but that pattern has been broken before with Ka-50, I know that’s a bad example since it’s kind module..

And yes it is modern but like we have seen with JF-17 it being an export oriented fighter really helps(I believe the MiG-29M sold to Egypt has similar fit as K), the Zhuk-ME radar would be on about the same level as the radars for F-18/F-16. The weapons are very similar to the Hornet/Falcon we have, atleast in weapon types. I know we have been trying to convince ourselves for years not to hope for better then the FC3 MiG-29 and Su-27, so it’s a hard thing to think of as being possible, but I’m thinking more then I have since getting into DCS that it is the closest it’s been to a possibility in years. Mikoyan has been trying REALLY hard to export the MiG-29M/35!

Honestly I think the biggest barrier technology wise to model is the L150 Pastel. Even our SPO-15 Beryoza is simplified in how it categorizes threats. I believe Su-27SM has the same problem, being installed with the L150/SPO-32.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

There is solution, when upgrading Su-27 to SM standard, bolt chronometer to side, you’ll be happy!

Get rid of those monitors and we can talk

System:

AWACS + Tanker

to go in pair with all the new technologies added/planed to the game: dynamic campaign, integrated audio, new ATC, etc.

The combined arms module for the air: Air Tactical Support Module

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

MiG-29K it was just two prototypes.

The Ka-50 and Su-25T only existed as prototypes as well and no more than a dozen of each were built - that didn't stop those from being modelled for DCS.

Combat MiG-29K was produced for Indian Navy in 2009 - about 40planes and for Russian Navy in 2016 - about 20 planes.

The original Indian order was for just 16 planes(12 MiG-29K and 4 MiG-29KUB), but with the option for another 29 units. The Russian navy has 24(20 MiG-29Ks and 4 MiG-29KUBs) assigned to the 100 KIAP.

So a total of 69 delivered/on order between India and Russia. .

About such modern low serie and multi nation Russian plane we can definitely forget.

There were never more than 24 Su-33s in service with the Russian navy(279 KIAP), yet its in DCS.

Oh, and MiG-29 was included in the trailer so not this plane.

Thats like saying that if there is an F/A-18C in the trailer, then the F/A-18E superhornet couldn't be an option.

But classic Su-27S? It was not in the trailer, theoretically they speak it's impossible, but maybe this is why they are so proud of and confident?

I could be wrong of course, but I suspect that ED finds upgrading existing FC3 aircraft to DCS level less attractive(business wise) compared to spending the resources on entirely new not-seen-before candidates.

There were never more than 24 Su-33s in service with the Russian navy(279 KIAP), yet its in DCS.

It is in FC3 as low fidelity aircraft, not DCS, as FC3 they could make averything, even Raptor, but the module they are about to announce is going to be a full fidelity aircraft.

There goes another clue

This will be a highly detailed and complex aircraft representing a huge milestone.

Interesting...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This last sentence got my attention from the news today on DCS ("This will be a highly detailed and complex aircraft representing a huge milestone."

), got me thinking on the Jaguar(Sepecat) again, the Rafale, F-35 A (yeah right), Gripen, Draken and US Navy’s EA-18G, for ww2 the Hellcat.

Edited by Sarabi

It is in FC3 as low fidelity aircraft, not DCS, as FC3 they could make averything, even Raptor, but the module they are about to announce is going to be a full fidelity aircraft.

You are of course right that there is a big difference between doing something to FC3- versus DCS level, but the point I was trying to make was that your argument about "numbers produced" doesn't hold water - what about the Ka-50?.....a full fidelity module of a prototype aircraft of which only a dozen or so were produced.

Why would it even matter whether there are 40 or 140 aircraft in operational service?