Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

I was wondering where the white stripe was!

visual reference to help pilot keep stick centered.

same exists in chinese cockpits

671f50eefd28b21fc6da4e8c5faa3ec6.jpg

Edited by ngreenaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I would say only two things that I have observed that match to that criteria.

1) Redfor modern fighter like Su-27 (remember, it was not visible on the 2020 video unlike MiG-29)

2) F-111 that had been mentioned all over the place last two years.

Those key words do not imply just that. As the milestone can very well be that ED has found a way to model more modern Redfor aircraft.

We already have two seated co-op capable helicopters. With glass cockpit just coming, attack helicopters and transport covered, we have laser and wire guided missiles as radio guided. So nothing from helicopters can be such, than flight modeling department.t

As ED said long time ago that they needed to redo all helicopters new flight modeling, why KA-50 was delayed more.

And.... Who says it flies?

Years ago ED presented M1A1 new animations, and had a search for people who had knowledge of the operating of such tank...

So... A ground units simulation would be a major milestone, it would be most wanted tank for DCS, wanted for years. And it would open possibilities to make completely new modules from SAM, to ground war etc, and utilize new dynamic campaign, CA module and new terrain engine etc etc...

I would now put my money on that... As it is DCS World, not "flight simulator".

The statement clearly used the word "aircraft".

Whatever the module will be it wont be a simulation of a ground vehicle.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an F-22A An early software version would definitely be less advanced then the hornet we have now. The Classified aspects are the stealth coating technique and how stealthy it actually is and the newer radars and its ECM suite, and the traditional how fast can it go and how high can it fly. But I'm sure ED can make some educated guesses on that front. They do so already with the hornet and viper already.

Other then that there's quite a bit of data available on it. Its 2020 and the Raptor is basically using 1990s technology.

an F22 would be less advanced than a Hornet in terms of A/G , but still vastly superior in terms of A/A capacity. Not even just for the stealth aspect, but remember that F22's do have AESA radars. ED have yet to attempt to make an AESA radar, and going for an F22 seems too big a leap. A less risky move to first gain expereincen in simulating an AESA radar? it would make more sense to create a gen 4.5 aircraft, that is equuiped with such an radar before also trying to deal with stealth mechanics ( or low observable RCS). For that it owuld have been more logical to make a smaller baby step with a Lot 30 super Hornet ( or earlier models from lot 26 that were eventually retrofitted with them)

I honestly don't see an F22 or even AESA equipped super hornet happening any time soon, although id be happy to be proven wrong. :smilewink:

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

People constantly mention F-15C but we already have it in FC3 and Razbam is making E version, so it is not wise to make 2 almost same aircraft at the same time, its not profitable, you don't need to be an Einstein to know that.

And after seeing how JF-17 was selling and Kuznetsov on the way its Mig-29K with it flashy screens, not only Russian clickable airframe but also capable and modern, seems players like that, and they will make what is going to sell well. Simple.

People constantly mention F-15C but we already have it in FC3 and Razbam is making E version, so it is not wise to make 2 almost same aircraft at the same time, its not profitable, you don't need to be an Einstein to know that.

The Charlie and the Echo F15 are as as different from each other as to be two completely different aircraft...not withstanding the fact one is a bomber the other is a fighter...

The current Charlie is an FC3 plane...which to many in the community means it might as well not exist...as its systems modelling and capabilities differ so significantly from the aircraft...

As the Echo is being developed bya 3rd party - ED releasing the Charlie at some point is a no brainer...any "teen series" fighter will sell well...it would be a day one purchase for many...

Airbag_signatur.png

Yeah, mig-29 got its new textures, A10 and F15 got their variated version, su-25 is free to play, so the only one left is Su-27 or Su-33. I don't know how to define the word "milestone " that Ed mentioned in the post, But for DCS, the milestone should be flanker because it's the first plane they simulated.

My answer to the question is a complex model of Su33 because the Carrier is dry docked for issues and the russian have tried to sell the SU-33 multiple times...

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Im here for the Flanker and because of the Flanker,

Flanker may have started the series, but got gradually more popular as aircraft were expanded to include nato one. Lets be honest the first module that really set the bar for DCS study level simulation was the A10C . Though most would agree A10 being somewhat of a acquired taste due to being single role aircraft relative to more mainstream appeal of faster multi role fighter, but for that reason the next major milestone in DCS in terms of modules and new tech related specifically to them ( ignoring core game play or engine improvements) since then has been the F/A18C. Multi mission fighter coupled with the soon to be released Super Carrier addon for immersive carrier operations.

If we use keyword like milestone, I dont see a full fidelity Flanker module version of the FC3 version as a milestone just as most here would agree that the F15C module ( whilst both addition would be welcome) wouldn't really be a milestone relative to what we already have.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Flanker may have started the series, but got gradually more popular as aircraft were expanded to include nato one. Lets be honest the first module that really set the bar for DCS study level simulation was the A10C . Though most would agree A10 being somewhat of a aquired taste due to being single role aircraft relative to more mainstream appeal of faster multi role fighter, but for that reason the next major milestone in DCS in terms of modules and new tech related specifically to them ( ignoring core game play or engine improvements) since then has bee the F/A18C. Multi mission fighter coupled with the soon to be released Super Carrier addon for immersive carrier operations.

If we use keyword like milestone, I dont see a full fidelity Flanker module version of the FC3 version as a milestone just as most here would agree that the F15C module ( whilst both addition would be welcome) wouldn't really be a milestone relative to what we already have.

Lets be honest the first module that really set the bar for DCS study level simulation was Ka-50, since it was first.

DCS Ka-50 - 2008

DCS A-10C - 2010

DCS FLANKER is the main attraction in this simulator.

bgc6tucdt8f9gb68.png

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

DCS FLANKER is MY main attraction in this simulator.

I fixed that for you Tek. ;)

I know you are passionate about the Flanker and it is an awesome aircraft. I will disagree with you, however, the F-18 is now the cornerstone for the series with it ushering in naval operations. Don't beat me up too bad man on MHO. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

ED stated many times that no russian aircraft will be made by them but , eventually , from 3rd parties.

That's the thing. What if through Belsimtek which operated as an independent third party for a time and they're based on a different country yet part of the team they are able to do so? That's a guess but why not.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

That's the thing. What if through Belsimtek which operated as an independent third party for a time and they're based on a different country yet part of the team they are able to do so? That's a guess but why not.

S!

I read Belsimtek was an extension of Eagle Dynamics and with the coming of other 3rd party developers, there was no need for her to operate independently and has been absorbed by Eagle Dynamics.

Not sure Belsimtek can still operate independently.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

At this point in time I care more about new assetts , dynamic campaign , new maps , new ME, etc.

We have so much planes and a very sterile world.

It is an uneasy time dividing my sim time among all the modules I have. The less liked ones get parked in the hangar.

So yes, some core engine development. It is great to know more than half of ED staff working on the core engine.

I hope fruition of this work would manifest soon enough in the coming months.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

So yes, some core engine development. It is great to know more than half of ED staff working on the core engine.

I hope fruition of this work would manifest soon enough in the coming months.

It is where the heart of every module will shine, so yes I am happy to see so much focus on the core as well.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

ED stated many times that no russian aircraft will be made by them but , eventually , from 3rd parties.

At this point in time I care more about new assetts , dynamic campaign , new maps , new ME, etc.

We have so much planes and a very sterile world.

Maybe thats the "milestone". Everyone here assumes its some technical thing, instead of a business negotiation and decision. And ED never said they wouldn't, just that it would be hard/problematic/ or I believe the exact word was "complicated".

I think ideally it would be one of two things

Mig29K (cuz navy stuff, and its multirole)

OR

Some multirole Su-27 variant.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).