Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

I honestly don't see an F22 or even AESA equipped super hornet happening any time soon, although id be happy to be proven wrong. :smilewink:

You want that "I win" button eh :lol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah Mig29K or a carrier based version that came out before it. (SP I THINK) is my best guess.

Yeah I think for redfor it should tic as many boxes as possible (multi-function/multi-role/carrier/land etc), so the 29K makes the most sense to me, expeically with the carrier focus. But its also in use and pretty up-to-date. So maybe not possible. Unless ED plans on making a couple of modern red modules, then I think it could be much more flexible.

Personally I'd like a J-15 for a marianas map, but I really doubt that will be doable for a billion reasons including the AESA radar... A 29K and INS Vikramaditya could be a very cool combo, plus it can fly off the Kuz as well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I fixed that for you Tek. ;)

I know you are passionate about the Flanker and it is an awesome aircraft. I will disagree with you, however, the F-18 is now the cornerstone for the series with it ushering in naval operations. Don't beat me up too bad man on MHO. :)

Let me fix it for you.

I dont think you could say what is the cornerstone in this simulator since all joined this journey for different reasons and defiantly not because of F-18.

DCS is special in that way that it always had Western and Eastern Aircraft's. Lets hope to keep the tradition.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

You want that "I win" button eh :lol:

No, more of a technical fascination of more cutting edge technology, and was just trying to brainstorm of what truly would be another technical milestone in development of a module, since stealth or AESA is not something yet done in DCS, and like i said probably too optimistic to think it would. Although i wont deny that the F22 would in fact be an automatic I win against anything else currently flying in DCS, that is until youd eventually get servers that mixed F22's on redforce. XD

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I fixed that for you Tek. ;)

I know you are passionate about the Flanker and it is an awesome aircraft. I will disagree with you, however, the F-18 is now the cornerstone for the series with it ushering in naval operations. Don't beat me up too bad man on MHO. :)

Although i joined this community long before any multi-role fighters were about and although i enjoy flying just about any type of combat aircraft i really finally found what encompassed of what i was looking for in an aircraft when the Hornet came out. ( even though i would have preferred a Super Hornet even more). It was also great to see more diversification of flashy multi-role aircraft with the additions of the Viper and Jeff.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Why does everyone think it’s gonna be a mother Russia jet? Have laws changed recently that I don’t know about? Because every time that question is put to Wags he basically says; “never” unless Russian laws on military secrecy change or a third party does one?

Legitimately asking btw. Sarcasm free post. :)

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

I think it’s time, honestly I know what we’ve been told but if there’s a commercial possibility I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility. Other then complementing what we have and returning to their roots making it a natural progression, it’s one of those things that has to happen eventually.

I also think them re doing FC3 as full fidelity wouldn’t not make them the money they need for a marque product, but a MiG-29K/Su-27SM would. Especially something that complements their naval focus....

I think with things out like the JF-17, were you have a very young export product where the manufacturer is pretty open bodes very well for us. It would be natural for others to follow those footsteps. I know Ka-50 module didn’t create any export sales, but it probably made Kamov a quick buck and increases the visibility of all their current and future products.

I don’t see Wag’s or Chizh’s statement in the past as impossibility, but that the timing/financial/documentation aspect was not fully aligned and ready. Even if they do announce MiG-29K/Su-27SM later this year, it would probably be late 2021 before even EA, I think it’s possible that it’s a pretty recent development. First mention was the mudspike interview IIRC.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I really want it to be the Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (Vietnam, Middle East and South Atlantic conflicts); but if they use the word milestone; among others, if it is a an helicopter I can think on the Kamov Ka-27 Helix full ASW implemented. (I read somewhere DCS start making an AI SSK/SSN submarine); or the Boeing CH-47 Chinook (twin-engined, tandem rotor, heavy-lift helicopter). Instead if it were a plane, could be the Tupolev Tu-22 Backfire (Carrier killer); another that could also be is the Sukhoi Su-17/20/22 Fitter family.

AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 - DCS: Yak-52 - DCS: M-2000C - DCS: F-16C Viper - DCS: A-10C II Tank Killer - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - DCS: AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL - DCS: Supercarrier -

DCS: Mi-24P Hind - DCS: AH-64D Apache - DCS: Syria - DCS: Persian Gulf - DCS: Caucasus - DCS: Marianas - DCS: South Atlantic

Wishlist #1: Ground crew, vehicles and support equipment on busy Air Base platforms. Wishlist #2: Douglas A-4 Skyhawk (early series)

A-4.jpg

Let me fix it for you.

I dont think you could say what is the cornerstone in this simulator since all joined this journey for different reasons and defiantly not because of F-18.

DCS is special in that way that it always had Western and Eastern Aircraft's. Lets hope to keep the tradition.

The point was it's the flagship module now, the one touted as the 'look at me' example, with its own complimentary ''just for it'' companion module. It may not be your favorite, but the F-18 ia definitely front and center in the spotlight, no question.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Edit: and we know it's something which "melt our brains" and have never been announced before.

So no F-4, no AH-1, no Mi-24.

AN/APG-78, literally...

There are only a few that are eagerly awaited, Apache, Tornado and the Tornache.

You forget the Apado.....smile.gif

The moment you realize the rep system's gone AWOL quite a while ago... icon_exclaim.gif

Actually its going to be this...

DCS doghouse....

s-l640.jpg

The FM discussions will be fun! luna-trcv.png

While we are at it, just see my sig... salute.png

Surely even the

would be brain melting twi-notbad.png

And it's very eagerly awaited at least by me rdlaugh.png

(I'd already love just an announcement as an Aprils Foals joke, would be too hilarious!)

Big , mind melting announcement?

A-4 becomes an officially supported module

Definately wouldn't mind that 01-scoot_left.gif

[...] A400M.

Dude that bloody thing still is in Early Access even IRL ajmug.png

Ah64a was only in the cold war for a few years anyways. The ah64a didn't see its first combat action until the gulf war.

You missed out Operation Just Cause which is where the AH-64 saw its combat debut. That was over half a year before Desert Storm. But that doesn't make that much of a difference talking time frames.

But what if ED pull a *insert dev name here* and its some aerobatic biplane?

That'd be outright magnitudinal! rdlaugh.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The point was it's the flagship module now, the one touted as the 'look at me' example, with its own complimentary ''just for it'' companion module. It may not be your favorite, but the F-18 ia definitely front and center in the spotlight, no question.

Depends who you ask.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Depends who you ask.

UM no its not debatable. After the A10C, the F/A18 was ED next flagship fixed wing module, and still is until the next big milestone is made. Even ED considered it as such. Prior to the Hornet, your options were to either fly a dedicated Air Superiority fighter like the Eagle or in case of SU27, Mig29, a fighter with limited secondary ground attack capability ( m2000 if you count a full fidelity module) , or slow subsonic dedicate attack jet like the A10.

It was the first truly multi role fighter jet in DCS. Lots of advanced systems, new weapons. It included lots of new technology that is still being developed that were meant to debut with project Like new FLIR. It also resulted in ED going to develop a totally new API that will be needed to make A/G radar work , new datalinked "man in the loop weapons" ( AGM62 which will be followed by SLAMMER ER) among a slew list of other things .

It also resulted in ushering in more immersive carrier operations ( DCS : super Carrier). The F16C is also important to US aviation, and will be great when finished but is essentially more of the same. Diversification if you will in this category of multi role aircraft.

IF that isn't enough for the Hornet to be considered to have made any notable milestones, or to be regarded a flagship product from ED then i don't know what is.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Depends who you ask.

I think you don't understand what they're saying which is 'ED considers the Hornet its flagship module at the moment'. So, it's not really a matter of opinion as it is obviously their current showcase product.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

MiG-29K / Su-30SM

So, with Chizh's comment, I guess we can easily say it is not MiG-29K or Su-30SM

He says there are no resources for model development when asked if we get them as AI aircraft.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4204308&postcount=970

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I don’t think that rules them out, after all we’re only getting an announcement of a new aircraft this year. EA is probably into 2021-22 timeframe. The waited until the very last minute to do the F-16s 3D model.

His comment probably just means their 3D modelers are busy with the other 5 projects they have going.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Remember, Chizh dont talk about a "module" in the russian forum, They talk about AI units as the Su34 AI... by now ED has not plans about "modern Russian" aircraft modules outside the Ka-50 update or the Mi-24P.

Well that buries the Flanker dreams too. But there is still enough to be eagerly awaited.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

I don't think it's this, and I don't think this is even eagerly awaited, but a UAV like a MQ-9 would be complex (or maybe just different enough to me to seem complex) and a milestone. Imagine having like the control station all clickable, just seems cool.

maxresdefault.jpg

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY FLANKER FULCRUM DREAMS

That's fine, I'll give them up for you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE