Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

So you're telling me you have options to fly actual fighter jets with real performance and excitement in a simulated environment..

.. and there are people who want to sit behind a screen to operate a virtual person that operates a simulation of a drone that is an incapable piece of shit in comparison?

Holy shit..

Yea.... It's called SIMception....from the people who brought you this small inie flick:

slice_inception_movie_poster_banner_01.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

It's not either/or is it? You could be a guy behind a screen pretending to be a fighter pilot, or be a guy behind a screen pretending to be a guy behind a screen pretending to be a fighter pilot :D

I personally think it'll be an Apache or SuperCobra or F-111 but we'll see

Easy. Go buy FC3. You're welcome.

Where did you find a full-fi jet in FC3?

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Where did you find a full-fi jet in FC3?

Youre still getting 3 of the 4 airframes you mentioned are there.

Honestly, peoples idea of a mind melting complex milestone of a release is pretty limited-

"Hey look at the aircraft we gave you a long time ago. Now instead of using your keybinds you can flip the onscreen switches "

What a letdown that would be if thats what ED was launching the hype train about. Alternate models of existing airframes & clicky switches of old modules are a real low bar for a mind melting milestone.

I certainly hope its not a rehash of what we have already

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Youre still getting 3 of the 4 airframes you mentioned are there.

Honestly, peoples idea of a mind melting complex milestone of a release is pretty limited-

"Hey look at the aircraft we gave you a long time ago. Now instead of using your keybinds you can flip the onscreen switches "

What a letdown that would be if thats what ED was launching the hype train about. Alternate models of existing airframes & clicky switches of old modules are a real low bar for a mind melting milestone.

I certainly hope its not a rehash of what we have already

Come on you don’t have to shame us for liking modern red air:)

There’s is a world of difference between MiG-29 we get in FC3 and MiG-29K/M. Or the Flankers in FC3 and the SM. I know you don’t like glass but there are so many more changes. That’s like saying what’s the point of making A-10C when they had A-10A already, or that ANG should just use LOMAC to train.

There was even a MiG-29K in Flanker 2.5!

And even if it was Cold War era Su-27Sk or MiG-29 9.12 there is also a world of difference in how the FC3 works and the real aircraft. The way the radar and EOS works in real life, there are so many modes we cant use in DCS. By systems it would be all new. Not to mention how that fits in with them wanting to sell MAC versions of F-86/MiG-15/F-5/MiG-21 separately(as can be seen in pictures of dev build menu).

I’m just saying either option is still a mile stone to a huge portion of the player base, considering the first game was Flanker and if modeling HQ is in Moscow how can you blame us.

We can all wish for what we want, I understand a full fidelity FC3 bird or more modern red air glass cockpit is not what YOU want or would melt your brain, but it would for a HUGE amount of other players who only current full fidelity options for red air are MiG-21 and the JF-17 if you stretch the meaning of red air. I can think of few things eagerly awaited by so many here. Ive seen the words “make FC3 full fidelity” so much. Not to mention how confusing it is for new players, which will be worse when explaining the separate MAC versions available separately.

If you want to talk about difference between MiG-29 9.12 and MiG-29K 9.31 or Su-27SK and Su-27SM we could be here a very long time:) I think even you would be surprised. That EOS can also be a laser designator and TV, but only points 15 degrees down so without the targeting pod on engine pylon it’s limits in DCS would be fun to work around!

I welcome everyone’s wishes here, hot air ballon Apache or Cri-Cri. Even if it does end up being an Apache or F-15C, I’ve been playing this waiting game a while, I have little problem waiting a few more years at this point. It will happen eventually

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I'm not shaking anyone for liking red air. I'd love to see more of it as well.

If offered, I'd probably shell out the shekels for a glass cockpitted fully clicky bvr only gen 6+ red air if it came out

I have no interest in the Jeff, but I keep bugging newey for when is it coming to stable. It was a day one but for me

No interest in warbirds, the yak or the biplane...yet they're in my hangar.

If they sold a full clicky reissue of FC3 , I'd end up buying that

My point is just what fits ****ALL**** the criteria of eagerly awaited, highly complex, milestone aircraft that's not a full fidelity Russian fighter is not a different version of something we already have, and it's not a reissue of an FC3 aircraft, and ED isn't going to launch a module that poaches sales from another developers efforts.

System:

Fair points. variety is the spice of life.

Yeah I have a friend I fly with who only uses stable and it really sucks to hold off flying the Jeff together.

I’m sure whatever it is will be special

Like, aircraft doesn’t rule out a flying car module, or the Gods must be crazy.....

07D691B7-BDC8-4796-ADE2-747667073B10.thumb.jpeg.c5425a0cddffbe804955745b2199d943.jpeg

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Seeing how there's apparently gonna be updated Kuzia and confirmed water based map, I want to hope it's gonna be MiG-29K. That truly would be a milestone for ED, and and eagerly awaited A/C for some.

And... still it probably won't be it... I don't know why I still get my hopes up... I doubt it will come true...

But how I do wish for a Soviet/Russian full-fi jet. Please, give me something - any of the Su-27/MiG-29/Su-24/Su-25 variants. I need it!

Oh I really wish there would be MiG-29K someday in the near future.

Screenshot_2020-02-12-17-07-24-69.thumb.jpg.d99eb5458b053eedf029a33794e80299.jpg

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Fair points. variety is the spice of life.

Yeah I have a friend I fly with who only uses stable and it really sucks to hold off flying the Jeff together.

I’m sure whatever it is will be special

Like, aircraft doesn’t rule out a flying car module, or the Gods must be crazy.....

sweet jeebus that movie (and that scene)brings back memories

if we are now in yet another "i want" list, fine, we have lots of those...ill **** off somewhere else. What was interesting , in this thread, was trying to decipher what aircraft wags & co were alluding to.

to elaborate a bit further- i dont begrudge anyone wishing for this or for that, regardless of how unrealistic (like f-117) or how unsuited for the tactical theaters we have- an interesting plane doesnt yield a compelling sim (b-52, c-5)

i understand people want yet another "i win " button... i dont share their enthusiasm, but no biggie

people want full clicky FC3 planes- let em bemoan it, its not gonna change.

but i hope no body legitimately gets their hopes up that its a modern full fi red air fighter, a reissue of anything we have in FC3, anything thats under development by a 3rd party, another variant of an existing airframe, or anything ED has said its not. theyll have no one but themselves to thank when theyre let down

System:

So, to sum it all up, it HAS to be AH64A(D??) or.. Superhornet!

doubt its a super hornet.

likewise, i also hope its not a super hornet.

theres a compelling case to be made for japanese ww2 acft

but in all likelihood, if i were a betting man, my money would be on the apache

(interestingly enough, development of crimea is also mentioned on the site)

see here:

http://www.thebattlesim.com/

The Battle Simulator (TBS) is a networked, multi-purpose combat simulation environment that encompasses tactical and procedural training in a highly realistic environment. The simulation focus of TBS is on fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft that currently include the A-10A, A-10C, F-15C, Su-25, Su-25T, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29, L-39C/ZA, and the Ka-50. Other aircraft are in development such as the F-16, F/A-18, and AH-64. Additional aircraft can be developed based on client needs. TBS also includes the ability to direct land and naval forces and operate as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) from a first person perspective. All of this is seamlessly integrated in a common network environment.

System:

sweet jeebus that movie (and that scene)brings back memories

if we are now in yet another "i want" list, fine, we have lots of those...ill **** off somewhere else. What was interesting , in this thread, was trying to decipher what aircraft wags & co were alluding to.

to elaborate a bit further- i dont begrudge anyone wishing for this or for that, regardless of how unrealistic (like f-117) or how unsuited for the tactical theaters we have- an interesting plane doesnt yield a compelling sim (b-52, c-5)

i understand people want yet another "i win " button... i dont share their enthusiasm, but no biggie

people want full clicky FC3 planes- let em bemoan it, its not gonna change.

but i hope no body legitimately gets their hopes up that its a modern full fi red air fighter, a reissue of anything we have in FC3, anything thats under development by a 3rd party, another variant of an existing airframe, or anything ED has said its not. theyll have no one but themselves to thank when theyre let down

Yes we have always “wished” for these planes but I am also saying “I think that’s what it will be.” Every post I have made here or said I wish here I have been meaning “I think it is going to be.” There are so many reasons it might be MiG-29K, new naval focus and map and super carriers very similarly technology level as F-18c/F-16C versions we have(not to mention what’s a bigger surprise and more brain melting then something that was previously said they couldn’t do). It would certainly not be an “I win button” and would play second fiddle to F-18 in many respects like HOBS missiles and less mature weaponry as well as less payload capacity and range.

Just because it’s a glass pit doesn’t mean it has better radar or weapons, the Zhuk-ME has very similar performance to F-18/F-16 radars, no SFW or glide bombs, same old R-73/R-27/R-77, Kh-29/31/35 variants, it would be an equal to what blue has in so many respects. You could say it’s biggest clearest “advantage” is the EOS, which is just an upgrade of what we already have in FC3.

I enclosed a payload chart and radar info to answer any questions of it being an “I win” button against what we already have. It would use many of the technologies ED is developing for F-18/F-16 but would certainly not dominate in a match against the two with equal pilots anymore then other planes we have. The Su-27SM has basically the same weapons as the MiG-29K but it’s radar is just an original N001 Myech that is upgraded, so it also definitely won’t be an “I win” button.

I’m not just saying I wish for it, Im saying I think it has just as high a chance to be a MiG-29K or Su-27SM(as ED mentioned wanting to do a Su-27SM years before they announced Hornet) as an Apache F-15C Super Hornet full fi FC3 or any of those.

We have so little info we kind of have to jump to some conclusions, which is why I think most of us are here. Anyways I hope you can see from the pictures it’s not some fantastic I win super weapon but a very similar(and in someways inferior) toy to what blue has, and that there are reasons for many of us to logically and rationally believe that’s what this surprise may be

0006827E-2A18-42AA-AE7E-F989FC512DB1.thumb.jpeg.9b139d8f9fc631810578c64a7e8b9664.jpeg

F3262CF9-38F6-4B07-B604-E9A417BDE744.thumb.jpeg.e2873b0318699e0362af733e3a12f651.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

I’m not just saying I wish for it, Im saying I think it has just as high a chance to be a MiG-29K or Su-27SM(as ED mentioned wanting to do a Su-27SM years before they announced Hornet) as an Apache F-15C Super Hornet full fi FC3 or any of those. We have so little info we kind of have to jump to some conclusions, which is why I think most of us are here

True, but we also have disqualifiers. They've stated they can't do full fidelity Russian aircraft. They've stated that f4e is on hold.

What allows them to do a10c, f16,and f18 that would prevent them from doing f15c all along? Adding switches to an existing module isn't much of a milestone. From a Dev point of view, if you put your limited resources into a module and then ED put out another module on the same airframe as yours and poached sales - what would be your future relationship with ED after that? Raz has to cover their development, pay their people, et cetera ...so doubtful it's f15c

While the site I referenced mentioned ah64, that development could be on ice just as easily as f4e is.

I think I saw somewhere Marianas will have a modern & ww2 era version? I assume a simple change of structures/vehicles, so no biggie...but why do that unless preparing for Pacific war? I know f4u is coming, but I haven't followed it, but it'll need something to fight

Ed has a lot on their plate. I don't think they'll make their announcement till end of Q3 or sometime in Q4.

They have f16/18 to finish off, not to mention the yak. They have channel map, and Marianas. Super carrier, mosquito, Hind....who knows how many version increments this year after 2.5.6.... that's a lot of stuff to do with their staff, not to mention the inevitable but quashing and unfinished features to each of those kids. I'm curious to how much will be done this year

System:

They have said they can’t do full fidelity Russian “right now” in the past, but they have never said they will never do it or that it is impossible. I think that would be pretty mind melting and ground breaking to announce what was not possible before.

I also think what you said about their large plate even adds justification to a red air guess, because they wouldn’t be doing the module “right now,” as you said it would probably be announced Q3/Q4. What I’m saying is the longer into the future you look, the higher a possibility full fidelity modern red air becomes.

I think every thing mentioned has qualifiers and disqualifiers, and as often said everything is subject to change, but this is the guess I am going with and I won’t budge:) I have always said it won’t happen in the past, but now more then ever I think it possibly could be what they mean. Ground radar anti ship missiles data link new FLIR system ocean map, few planes could utilize all those. Also an Apache would fit very well with all those technologies, but I think this is about their “modern jet” team when they are done with F-18/16, so MiG-29K is what I’m sticking with. It’s my best guess

Probably the only thing that’s same between MiG-29K and MiG-29 9.12/9.13S is gun some weapons ejection seat some bolts panels switches and clock:D

C9D05E5C-7BBE-4399-873F-F967693B72A0.thumb.jpeg.b9ca9afbd7137f10f508ac2b6bff41af.jpeg

3DFE3989-CA80-4EF2-B6AA-37CE61FA1EA8.jpeg.02b0a655e1ee1f02f2ffc6727319041c.jpeg

26E67AEA-0B34-4BFA-99E8-EE1407AC91CD.thumb.jpeg.dcebe2fd9ec531ddcf130d7de04cdca8.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria

i suppose a point could be made for a red aircraft, but what wouldve changed in the russian defense industry that prevented full fidelity before but not now?

What prevented ED from getting the data from a client state and sidestepping russia completely?

why allow mig21,mi8,ka50,and mi24...but not FF of something we already have a sim of?

im curious how much revenue the battle sim brings in, and whats different between it and dcs? why we dont see more warbirds if they give a higher return on investment? to what extent does the battle sim subsidize the modules we see?

curious to what degree sales determine priority of work? i mean, its a no brainer the yak has sold far fewer units than the f-16 or -18. is that why its languished in an unfinished state for so long despite it being the least complicated airframe in EDs hangar? same can be said for ns430- why is it available in only 2 aircraft as a 3d asset? you could argue a good case for it being in the uh-1 and the yak, and i think ive seen images of it in a mig21 somewhere online. it seems it would be real easy to implement in an existing aircraft, but why spend the man hours if market penetration is low?

to what extent does multiplayer(as wingmen or adversaries, or as cooperative crew within the same aircraft)drive sales? theres certainly a loud contingent in favor of it but how big is the quieter group that couldnt care one way or the other ? how does that affect module choice by ED?

theres a cap of 2 engines..is there a similar cap on crewmembers? or could we have a fully staffed multiplayer b-17, with someone at each station?

whats done to try to bring more 3rd party devs into the fold? the community has an endless thirst for more aircraft, but not many devs doing work for dcs

it would be interesting to see the stuff that goes on unseen in DCS so we could better understand why things are the way they are and what to expect in the future

System:

I'm going to take that as a leak, question answered as far as I'm concerned.

This page is been unchanged for several years...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This page is been unchanged for several years...

Hang on, unchanged for several years? The statement makes full reference to the F18, F16. The F16 was released in 2019. By all means speculate and enjoy doing so, but for mine the answer is clearly in print. And furthermore it is probably the one aircraft that has been suggested that fits the criteria more than any other.

i9-9900KS, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080Ti, 55" QLED, HP Reverb

You don’t say

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=16008

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=52812

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=167993

http://forums.eagle.ru:8080/showthread.php?t=203889

This question comes up a couple times a year from someone who stumbled on it and thinks they found out that ED is holding back an Apache from us

That first link is from 2006 and it said F-18 and F-16 then also. It has always mentioned what they would develop in the future. Does not mean they have a had a fully functioning F-18/16 they’ve been selling commercially since 2006.

For example it saying Crimea could mean they have a version of Crimea to sell(perhaps just the original version), or that the site hasn’t been updated since there was a Crimea theatre for lock on

Hell the website even says they’re still developing “Strait of Hormuz” the original name for Persian Gulf.

I bet the desktop trainers used for A-10C, L-39, Yak-52 and Mirage 2000 are branded as TBS, but I don’t think a client using TBS is getting anything way before anyone else unless they import their own data or have someone make the model for them(like the aforementioned contracts).

Edited by AeriaGloria

Hang on, unchanged for several years? The statement makes full reference to the F18, F16. The F16 was released in 2019. By all means speculate and enjoy doing so, but for mine the answer is clearly in print. And furthermore it is probably the one aircraft that has been suggested that fits the criteria more than any other.

Yes, as I said: This website has been like this for a long time (see AeriaGloria's post). This website is not about DCS if you haven't noticed. It's a related product, but not the same, so other things are available there or are getting advertised for it.

And btw, the F-16 (and the upcoming Mi-24) was already in development for DCS 10+ years ago:

As for after DCS: Black Shark, work continues on other aircraft modules. Although these are certainly works in progress and hardly complete, I have attached a few development cockpit images of the F-16C and Mi-24. To reiterate what was mentioned before, we have a list of aircraft modules that are currently in development and one stage or another; however, that does not mean that we will not consider other aircraft if we have the proper data and feel the aircraft fits well within our entertainment and military simulation lines.

Thanks,

Matt

attachment.php?attachmentid=18172&d=1215631189

attachment.php?attachmentid=18173&d=1215631205

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd suggest caution before accepting it as gospel. When straws are all we have, that's what we will grasp at. But we can't lose sight of the fact that that's what the are.

While it's certainly supportive of the contention that the ah64 is coming, it could be on ice right next to f4e for all we know.

He'll, we could all be wildly off base and says could be alluding to a future expansion, DCS:WW1 for all we know

TBS website is a hint of what ED may have in the works, but might not be what they have in mind for this kind melting milestone eagerly anticipated aircraft

Keep in mind what I said about ED having a lot of stuff on their plate, and what have we seen really? Scenery, yes. Process of bs2 cockpit overhaul (tho little else of bs3) . We've seen external model of mosquito in a few skins but little else of it. How much have we seen of the Hind? Virtually nothing

In all respects, this aircraft could be nothing more that a wish at this moment. They may have an idea of what they'd like to do, when they get to it, but I think there's less concrete stuff complete than we think.

I think they'll announce ah64. But I don't know for sure. A lot of modules have a compelling argument going for them, and if there was a clear winner we wouldn't have a thread that's approaching 50 pages in what? A week? Two weeks?

System:

For each and everyone, something else could be "huge news" or brain melting.

Some aircraft that we mentioned here already makes me think " I hope this isn't the one"

I have my hopes, red force jet. That's the only thing that would be huge for me, brain melting would be F-22.

I hope it is not WW2, Vietnam, Korea thing... like early jets.

So, the news will be good for ME or it will be just news. Same for YOU.

No need to argue if one's wish is realistic or brain melting, ED folks said these things in not so official channel (Reddit) and as comments and not statements, so even these could be exaggerated.

This thread been fun so far. I am really looking forward to the announcement, just for the sake of learning who was right if anyone of us here..

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta