Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

OH-58 will do almost all that AH-64 can. We need Su-37 and EF-2000.

The OH-58 doesn't look as cool, not even close, and that is my only requirement.

As for the 37 or EF, you'd never get it from ED unless its a war thunder level and who wants that.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The OH-58 doesn't look as cool, not even close, and that is my only requirement.

As for the 37 or EF, you'd never get it from ED unless its a war thunder level and who wants that.

Do you consider Ka-50 as warthunder. It was prototype as well or is the F-15E war thunder with your logic? The only thing that is like war thunder in DCS is A2A missiles.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Do you consider Ka-50 as warthunder. It was prototype as well or is the F-15E war thunder with your logic? The only thing that is like war thunder in DCS is A2A missiles.

Su-37 was a tech demonstrator and it was never refined to the point of being a production aircraft. Ka-50 saw an actual production run and was not just a prototype, that'd be the V-80.

Why bring in the F-15E? A successful production aircraft that will be full-fidelity here in DCS? What he meant is that both of those aircraft would be FC3/MAC level of fidelity. As for the Eurofighter, it's a matter of finding a qualified developer who is willing to do it and also ascertaining what information can be gathered on the airframe. It's important to remember that the Eurofighter is still an important cog in several nations' defensive infrastructure; a lot of information will be kept confidential for obvious reasons. So much information may be kept secret that a suitable reproduction might not be practical.

Also, really? OH-58 can do nearly as much as the AH-64? Not by a longshot. A Kiowa carrying a pair of Hellfires is hardly comparable to an Apache carrying the standard 8.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

AIRSHOW16_gallery__322x400.jpg

Why not a 2 player, Supersonic Warthog? That is.. a bomber with twice the payload of the A10, faster than anything else in DCS, that can make 3g turns at mach, has an optional 2100/rd internal cannon, can both precision "plink" or carpetbomb. Carries anti-air missiles, flies so fast they had to put a "You are Melting the Airplane" alarm in the cockpit. Rocket powered ejection pod that has its own chaff system, and turn into a boat. When youre not busy "Dump and Burning" you fuel behind the airplane in a 150 foot wall of flame.. Youre landing on a Carrier because its got a tail hook.

This is what makes the F111 the next best module. Its everything that people want in a module. and a few things none of the other planes can do.

"Why not a 2 player(...)" - this is the first and foremost reason why it is NOT "the next best module".

I appreciate your appreciation of this aircraft, but I don't see it as a viable module in DCS yet, unless there is solid AI for dual seaters. This is a big deal in single player, and single player is a big deal in DCS.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Su-37 was a tech demonstrator and it was never refined to the point of being a production aircraft. Ka-50 saw an actual production run and was not just a prototype, that'd be the V-80.

Why bring in the F-15E? A successful production aircraft that will be full-fidelity here in DCS? What he meant is that both of those aircraft would be FC3/MAC level of fidelity. As for the Eurofighter, it's a matter of finding a qualified developer who is willing to do it and also ascertaining what information can be gathered on the airframe. It's important to remember that the Eurofighter is still an important cog in several nations' defensive infrastructure; a lot of information will be kept confidential for obvious reasons. So much information may be kept secret that a suitable reproduction might not be practical.

Also, really? OH-58 can do nearly as much as the AH-64? Not by a longshot. A Kiowa carrying a pair of Hellfires is hardly comparable to an Apache carrying the standard 8.

Same argument you have about EF-2000 apply to F-15E, because 37 was a demonstrator I hope there is a chance for it as it was for Ka-50. LOL in DCS we have T-10 as it is now. What if a demonstrator is easier to get license for since it is not in service.

Edited by Teknetinium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Interesting comment about SPO-15

Now, my Russian is poor, but this is interesting --

In the Flaming Cliffs 3 forum section, there was a question if ED is going to re-do the SPO-15 Beryoza (birch) for the FC3, and Chizh said no, but he also added that they are waiting for full fidelity module that uses SPO-15 to re-do it.

Surely it does not imply anything and the meaning is up for interpretation from both language and developer's mind perspectives, but I find this comment to be one of the more interesting ones.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4232233&postcount=1302

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

In the Flaming Cliffs 3 forum section, there was a question if ED is going to re-do the SPO-15 Beryoza (birch) for the FC3, and Chizh said no, but he also added that they are waiting for full fidelity module that uses SPO-15 to re-do it.

Surely it does not imply anything and the meaning is up for interpretation from both language and developer's mind perspectives, but I find this comment to be one of the more interesting ones.

Interesting.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

This sounds... very interesting...

:D

Don'tgetmyhopesupdon'tgetmyhopesupdon'tgetmyhopesupdon'tgetmyhopesupdon'tgetmyhopesupdon'tgetmyhopesupdon'tgetmyhopesup

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Hype ON :pilotfly: :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Hype ON :pilotfly: :lol: .

S!

tenor.gif

Six months later:

"Hey guys, announcing our new, most eagerly awaited module - it's Christen Eagle III."

(I now it's not a real thing, and no disrespect meant to CEII devs)

BTW Gierasimov, thanks for the great find :thumbup:

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Six months later:

"Hey guys, announcing our new, most eagerly awaited module - it's Christen Eagle III."

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol: Totally.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

F-15C :D
I would love a fully functional cockpit F-15C in AFM!

I don't know, personally I think a full fidelity Flanker or Fulcrum variant is most sorely needed. Even a Foxbat would be cool - anything from red that can keep the blue 4th gens on their toes.
That's an excellent recommendation!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He is just saying that they will only re-do the SPO-15 if a future full fidelity module requires it.

Interesting concept

He is just saying that they will only re-do the SPO-15 if a future full fidelity module requires it.

I did not see "if" in Russian sentence there, which does not mean you are not correct.

Hype is hype, this is just a chit chat about unknown module that could be as well just an Apache or even worse, a Cobra, oops, glad I posted here not reddit as you would have skinned me alive for that comment otherwise ... ;)

Same argument you have about EF-2000 apply to F-15E, because 37 was a demonstrator I hope there is a chance for it as it was for Ka-50. LOL in DCS we have T-10 as it is now. What if a demonstrator is easier to get license for since it is not in service.

We're getting a very early mark F-15 and we were going to get a very early mark Eurofighter. That's just one part of the equation, finding a suitable variant that defense networks, contractors, and developers can find common ground on. The second part is finding a developer who is both willing and able to do it. That has yet to manifest for the latter. And it wasn't an argument, it was a statement of facts.

Again, the Ka-50 isn't a demonstrator. It was a production aircraft. They only made a single -37.

We're not going to get a -37. Of all the members of the Flanker-family, the Su-37 is probably the least likely to come to us.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Its almost like i said that waay back in my first post :D

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

vfJX98T.jpg

Well, they do want to leverage the new lighting engine. And that would certainly be a highlight.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).