Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

If ED jumps in the European planes, what planes could we expect?

Tornado

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm convinced (based on nothing of course) that the next one, finally will be a russian fighter. Putin has opened up his heart and given ED permission to model flying machines from the motherland. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I'm convinced (based on nothing of course) that the next one, finally will be a russian fighter. Putin has opened up his heart and given ED permission to model flying machines from the motherland. :)

Yeah. Maybe Vladimir tried a DCS Hornet in VR and was upset bc there is no ff Su or ff MiG to do the same?

Just to repeat that someone said in one thread, that ED has opened a office (and registered company) in European country.

If such would be true, it could allow ED to overcome all Russian laws as they said that any non-russian company could do those but not them....

So if that would be true, they could be developing a Soviet fighter by doing Belsimtek again....

Remember, Mi-8MTv2 is a Russian aircraft just as is KA-50 as well...

For other they got license from Kamov and Russian government was fine with it, regardless it was in service at that time.

And Mi-8 is in service but it was made by ED own separate Belsimtek company....

Are these laws so many days denying ED to make Soviet/Russian aircraft only limited to fighters, excluding helicopters, ships, ground vehicles, SAM systems etc?

Belsimtek was not an Russian company, even when it was started by ED and it was assimilated back to ED after it was done with those modules and gathered information for how to build a studio and finance it, so ED can advice third parties in their business.

Mi-8MTv2 is not that old, and neither is Mi-24P that is still in service... Developed by ED itself....

So helicopters are fine, but do not touch to fighters!(?)

With much of the company still being in Russia and still serving up products the Russian market, that seems like a pretty wide open avenue to prosecution even if development is done outside of Russian borders. I can't say anything about criminal prosecution since I'm not Russian, but fines are an easy bet. After all, it's another way to make that pound of flesh.

Our SAM and other Air Defense systems are abstracted greatly and built to be approximations as opposed to the level of accuracy we see in a full module.

The Mi-8MTv2 and Mi-24 are not complex aircraft and only a few systems will be abstracted, like IFF.

Defense organizers don't care about what is or isn't fair to companies making entertainment for us enthusiasts, unfortunately. They're paid to be paranoid and will keep what they feel to be most valuable closely guarded.

Believe me, a MiG-29 would be a must-have for me, but it may be some time. It's not an absolute no, but it certainly seems to have higher hurdles than Euro and American aircraft.

You also have to take into consideration that Russia's defense industry is also having to appease customers of its own. Just because an aircraft is no longer in service with its own aviation units doesn't mean it isn't in foreign customers' hands. How would that look to customers of the UAC if they just decided to part with all of the classified information on something they spent oceans of money on for the defense of their own airspace?

We're talking billions of dollars and thousands of jobs being at stake. The defense industries and the defense operators like the Russian MoD are going to be extremely touchy with information. It's just how it is.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• ED Team

Enjoying seeing so many guesses, such a diverse selection, would love to see many of them in DCS.

:)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Enjoying seeing so many guesses, such a diverse selection, would love to see many of them in DCS.

Does that mean you already know what's coming? Can you throw us a bone? :music_whistling:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Does that mean you already know what's coming? Can you throw us a bone? :music_whistling:

Of course he does. Hes just messing with us.

Is it a naval aircraft newy?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

True

Yes, good aircraft mentioned here.

Are you allowed to say if the decision was already made?

Last time, Kate mentioned ED has got several in mind but not decided yet (through her Reddit comments.)

Thanks!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Lots of us ...

The stable version runs well enough for most people to be able to enjoy playing it most of the time if you allow for what does work, & don't let the bile build up in your throat about what doesn't (for that matter, so does the OB).

Cheers.

[TABLE][/TABLE]

Are you allowed to say if the decision was already made?

Last time, Kate mentioned ED has got several in mind but not decided yet (through her Reddit comments.)

Are you saying that ED didn't know to the aircraft that was so anticipated and blow the minds, when that announced that they are doing such?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Are you saying that ED didn't know to the aircraft that was so anticipated and blow the minds, when that announced that they are doing such?

I actually also remember reading that on Reddit, but don't have a link to go with this.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

Can't be the following, so please stop mentioning them:

1) P-47 - Already confirmed, no secret.

2) F-4 - Officially on hold

3) Mi-24 - Already confirmed, no secret

4) Mosquito - Already confirmed, no secret

5) A-6 - This is a Heatblur project, not ED, so it can't be the "secret" module

6) No chance of a modern fighter, too much classified data, forget about Typhoon, F-22 and the likes.

TrueGrit reads number 6 and goes, Hold my beer !!

An eagerly awaited aircraft I would say the Apache, F117A, Tornado, Mig29/Su27 but my guess would be a Modernish Russian aircraft Mig29/Su27.

That would surprise people since ED has been wary about making Russian stuff..

Anyway whatever happens to be the aircraft I’m sure it will be great!

Edited by Neon_20

I hope as well that it's either an Apache Longbow module, or a modernized version (or modern export variant) of either MiG-29 or Su-27 (personally leaning towards MiG-29SMT myself).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com