Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

FICON??

I would sacrifice so many children for any FICON.

Fiber Connectivity? For FICON I would need to talk to IBM.

What's it for you?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Actually the mind-melting thing would be if ED was just messing with us, and decided to just do the Phantom after all. I wouldn't be too sad about that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It is super easy to get ED to do red fighter --

FIND at least 1 (one) person from either Sukhoi, MiG, United Aircraft Corporation who will be willing to discuss it, and ask this:

"Will you provide me, and on what terms, the technical documentation for the <INSERT AIRCRAFT HERE> related to the flight performance and operation of the on-board systems, minus what is classified? Yes, I need these documents for reliable computer simulation. No, I am not an employee of the company, but just a sympathetic citizen who is not related to the developer company, for which I request these documents"

If you succeed - ED will engage and take it.

Chiz said they talked to the guys at Sukhoi IIRC, and part of the issue on the older planes docs aren't really too available, just cuz they got thrown out. Whether you believe that or not.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Chiz said they talked to the guys at Sukhoi IIRC, and part of the issue on the older planes docs aren't really too available, just cuz they got thrown out. Whether you believe that or not.

That's why I mentioned in a prior post that client nations may have the info (I have on my desk at work the engine service manual for the IL-76 owned by Iraqi airways, for example. Written in English no less, a souvenir from Baghdad airport 2003) or the privately owned red-air (that limits things somewhat, but I think the community is thirsty for virtually any post-mig-21 full fi red air)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

That may be the most believable thing I've heard on this thread. :lol:

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

That may explain why air forces that have older soviet planes and buy spare parts from Russia or let russian companies to make overhauls ends up with a garbage.

Interesting

Even better! The best solution to this problem is to focus on the newer planes then. :) :joystick: :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

"Later this year, we are looking forward to announcing an eagerly awaited aircraft"

I don't know about you but ever since this was announced in february i have been obsessed with what it will be. Ok we know it's not the F4 Phantom as Nineline said. We also know it's not a WW2 aircraft as mentioned. Also it's not the Eurofighter or any other of the previously announced like the MI-24P Hind, Mig 23 Flogger, F15E Strike Eagle etc. It has been said multiple times that four engine aircraft will not be(cannot be ?)done in DCS. It's also been said that a modern Russian jet can't be done for various reasons. SO what is it i wonder? ED ,I think it's time for a hint @Matt wagner,@ Nineline or any other in the know. Sitting in my Covid Cocoon wishing ED would throw me a bone. :helpsmilie:

Cheers...

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

Well .............

F%$!:cry:

PS: If that's real, then again, it's still better to know that, than to be in unknowness.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It's most likely an Apache. I don't really think that would be mind blowing though. For it to be mind blowing I would think it would have to be something they've previously said can't be done. Or at least assumed we would never get. Fingers crossed For a Mig-29 or Su-27. But managing expectations and expecting an apache. Don't get me wrong an Apache will be nice but its hardly mind blowing when we have had the Black shark since the beginning.

I would rather have them focus 100% on EA modules that they currently have unfinished and finish those then go for yet another EA unfinished module, money...
100 % agree! Please no further construction site!

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

We got to start searching the remote and abandoned russian airfields, there may be something in Crimea too, there's lots of old bases there !!!!!

What about the Far East, there could be some abandoned shack with some drawers and the papers could be there all nice and cozy perserved in that winter.

Never say never, remember the NASA Lunar Orbiter McDonalds thing:

tdd1.jpg

McMoon-7-e1390253553562.jpg

http://www.moonviews.com/

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I would rather have them focus 100% on EA modules that they currently have unfinished and finish those then go for yet another EA unfinished module, money...

And I would MUCH RATHER have the next new addition be some version of Dynamic Campaign. I'm ready for war simulation and story-driven combat scenarios... this, for me, over new clouds, new jets, new whatever. :thumbup:

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

It will be a full fidelity J-11, its not a Russian aircraft, but is close enough.

PS: I will never buy a red air aircraft, but I would love to see MP server purely red vs blue.

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

Sitting in my Covid Cocoon wishing ED would throw me a bone. :helpsmilie:

Cheers...

Any weight gain we've all experienced due to inactivity from lockdowns and quarantines will be, henceforth, referred to as our "Covid Cocoons."

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!