Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Iran is for aviation guys what Cuba is for car guys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

how do the migs 15/19/21 fit into this theory. same company holds the intellectual property to modern migs/sukhois

i dont think itll be clicky red air, but i dont think your logic holds water

If there's a flaw in logic it's yours not mine as the situations are quite the opposite of each other!

With the Migs you go from older aircraft licenses (Migs 15/19/21) to licenses on newer aircraft (Mig 29, etc), so availability of the newer licensing would understandably be limited, especially when accounting for generational issues on the newer fighters.

With the Typhoon and Tornado, the newer and still being developed Typhoon was licensed, while the older Tornado was retired by the RAF in 2019 (and there are no real generational entanglements as there is with the Migs).

So, the situation with Mig licensing (for newer aircraft) is not the same as for the Tornado (an older aircraft, where the newer aircraft was already licensed by the same organization)!

I would personally prefer a redfor aircraft, but given the recent grant of the Typhoon license for sim development, it simply makes a lot of sense for the retired Tornado to be licensed out given it's the same company (who would turn down what's basically free money for a project being retired by the RAF?).

I guess you've yet to learn the Magic 8-Ball ALWAYS speaks sooth :worthy:, and it says "Follow the licensing!".

Edited by StressLess
'Cause I ALWAYS do! Today's word to the wise: Clever does not equal Smart!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

Rotary wing: Hind. Nothing new here,warszawarc. WIP images have already been shown

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Wags mentioned third party hind. ED is doing it. It could very well be the Apache, but I wouldn't read too much into this old statement

System:

Wags mentioned third party hind. ED is doing it. It could very well be the Apache, but I wouldn't read too much into this old statement

Wags talks about Third Parties (in reference to the Hind) because, at the time, Belsimtek (which developed the Hind) had not yet merged into Eagle Dynamics.

Probably the content of that message is dated but it is a fact that Wags talked about two distinct rotary wing projects (one of which is the Hind, the other is currently unknown).

Bye

Phant

AMVI

As Phant says, next rotary from ED is now the Mi-24 Hind, as BST were doing it before they got merged back into ED.

ED have talked about the Apache before as something they'd like to do, so it might have been on the back burner for research at the time, but it certainly isn't being worked on right now. ED have been very clear Hind is next.

Quoting that post from Wags really isn't helpful as it's close to 3 years old now.

I think that back then Wags was referring to The Cobra (on backburner now)

For me the key to the secret aircraft is the word milestone and the interpretation to give to it...

For me it is something never done...

So or it is a very modern aircraft...or a Russian one (probably export version)

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

SU-34 Easter Egg? :music_whistling:

Not the first hint for that one ;)

*Updated* 5/17/2020

*Removed F-22/F-35/Rafale/Gripen from list as most** fly by wire aircraft surely can't be a "challenge" to fly. 4/29/2020

*Removed C-130. 4/29/2020

*Added Grumman A-6 Intruder as I'm unsure if Heatblur will develop it. 4/29/2020

*Removed Yak-38 Forger. 5/1/2020

*Removed F-15C, Mig-29, Su-27 and Su-25. 5/4/2020

*Clarified "Hawker Nimrod" as "Hawker Siddeley Nimrod". 5/4/2020

*Removed Canberra as Razbam might make that as possible future module. 5/4/2020.

**NEW** Removed EE Lightning as Razbam might make that into full module. 5/17/2020

**NEW** Removed Su-34 as it's confirmed it's not the upcoming new module. 5/17/2020

I've read through every post here and annotated every aircraft guess mentioned, as well as cross checked hints. Here's a list of everything it could be.

Sources:

*All aircraft being made by 3rd parties have been removed from list*

*"It's mind melting"* source - Wags/Nineline/somebodyofficial

*"It's not a World War 2 or earlier aircraft"* source - Nineline

*"It's already been mentioned in this thread"* source - Nineline 4/15/2020

*"Su-35 not in development"* - EagleDynamics

*"Ka-52 not in development"* - EagleDynamics 4/15/2020

*"Here is what we know, It's not WW2, probably not a bomber, it's not the F4, or C130, it isn't old, but it isnt as new as to NOW. It's a challenge to fly, and is a milestone."* source -ED tester

"The module is all new, I'll give you that." -Nineline 5/3/2020

**NEW**"The new module isn't the Su-34" - BigNewy 5/16/2020

Most likely candidate due to WIP pictures from last decade:

AH-64 Apache

Possible "Mind Melting":

A-4 Skyhawk

A-6 Intruder

B-1B Lancer

CH-47 Chinook

E-2 Hawkeye

E-3 Sentry

EA-6B Prowler

F/A-18 E/F/G Hornet

F-104 Starfighter

F-105 Thundercheif

F-111 Aardvark

F-117 Nighthawk

Hawker Siddeley Nimrod

J-15 Flanker-X2

KC-130 Hercules

KC-135 Stratotanker

Mig-25 Foxbat

Mig-31 Foxhound

Mig-35 Fulcrum F

Panavia Tornado

Saab 35 Draken

Sepecat Jaguar

Su-22 Fitter

Su-24 Fencer

Su-30 Flanker

Su-37 Flanker

TU-22 Backfire

UH-60 Blackhawk/Seahawk

V-22 Osprey

As far as I am aware, eagerly awaited modules (as not announced) might be:

Mig-29

Su-27

Ah-64

Panavia Tornado

F-15C

Su-24

Cargo plane? maybe something like C-130?

What I think might be actually happening behind the curtains (rather my wishfull thinking) is that ED is still in active trying to get to an angreement for licencing with Russian officials. I believe this might be also the reason why they will not announce this secret module now but rather closer to the end of 2020.

So i think even ED themselfs are currently not sure what will be their next module, so if in case the licencing for one aircraft fails there will be agreement for licencing for the other. This way any of the mentioned aircraft are eagerly awaited and by that statement ED will deliver what was promised. :smilewink:

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

I am convincing myself that could be an export version of some Russian aircraft...milestone and mind melting for most people for sure...

My votes go to a Su30 (India, Malaysia) or Mig29K (India)...

Also I remember that the Mig29k was in Flanker 2.5...and it would happily marry with the new supercarrier environment

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

We have now reached 100 pages. The runes lit up, the sky became as dark as charcoal and a thundering sound came from the forest. Everyone just stood there, in fear of what was coming next. As the runes started vibrating, a hooded old man walked out of the forest, a scroll in his left hand.

He approached the mortified crowd without revealing his face and unfolded the paper.

A deep voice (omg is it Nick Grey under that hood ???) came from under that hood and said :

"Eagle Dynamics next eagerly awaited module is ...

only an ED official can reply to this thread from now on

We have now reached 100 pages. The runes lit up, the sky became as dark as charcoal and a thundering sound came from the forest. Everyone just stood there, in fear of what was coming next. As the runes started vibrating, a hooded old man walked out of the forest, a scroll in his left hand.

He approached the mortified crowd without revealing his face and unfolded the paper.

A deep voice (omg is it Nick Grey under that hood ???) came from under that hood and said :

"Eagle Dynamics next eagerly awaited module is ...

And as the hooded man is speaking, in his hand is a small black spheroid with the number "8" emblazoned on it's side that he shakes and then raises to his face and continues:

"... revealed by the Magic 8-Ball, which says 'Follow the licensing!'"

Not exactly what we were expecting, was it!! BTW - I thought it was a 1000 pages, not 100!!

Edited by StressLess
'Cause I ALWAYS do, damn that Magic 8-Ball for being right all the time!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

Quoting that post from Wags really isn't helpful as it's close to 3 years old now.

True, but at least it is a hint that there is(was?) an other helo in production, besides the Hind.

I think that back then Wags was referring to The Cobra (on backburner now)

The Cobra was, at that time, also a 3rd party project (Belsimtek) if anything.

So, Apache could be still a possibility as neither of the mentioned helos was a genuine ED project at that time.

True, but at least it is a hint that there is(was?) an other helo in production, besides the Hind.

The Cobra was, at that time, also a 3rd party project (Belsimtek) if anything.

So, Apache could be still a possibility as neither of the mentioned helos was a genuine ED project at that time.

Considering BST as a 3d-party is a mistake....it was never a real 3d party....

It was the ED main studio left hand.....

Anyway the Apache could be...I hope not as I don’t mind helos...but for the Rotary Heads would be mind melting and a milestone for sure (like the f35 would be for me)...

But a truly milestone and a mind melting project for most,of the community would be a modern russian fighter..

Given that fc3 planes were declared off the table, as the su35 also was....the only think left for this hypothesis is a su30 or mig29k which are exported.....Or really a modern US fighter (f22 or f35...but we know it is unlikely due to being too modern and difficult to find documentation on).

Otherwise the Apache is a real option...but I repeat myself It would make happy only a fraction of the comunity...not the most part...and I think (guess) that the terms “milestone” refers to something considered impossible to do or never done (modern russian fighter, very modern us fighter, ED multicrew) and “mind melting” would refer to something that would be that for 90% of this community..not only 30/40%

Edited by VirusAM

It must be the Tornado IDS... dealwithit.png

For me the key to the secret aircraft is the word milestone and the interpretation to give to it...

For me it is something never done...

So or it is a very modern aircraft...or a Russian one (probably export version)

This is the way I'd think as well. Since I was wondering "what could it be?" my conclusion was, it must be something really special where everyone would say "no, neigh, never!". And at the same time, "eaglely" awaited.

As would be the AH-64D. I mean, we've been waiting for that thing since we knew there was going to be a Ka-50, don't we? And people keep saying that the Westinghouse radar would be too modern and classified. Actually, we have way more modern things in DCS already, but that's not the matter now. Point is that at some point in an interview, Wags said (I think it was the one where he was teaching someone the Hornet startup live) that after being asked about the next modules, they'd of course be the Viper and Hind, but they've also signed a contract with Boeing not just for the Hornet. If you go check, what they'd have on their plate (German wiki article, but it has a nice list), you'll find a lot of modules already in DCS/FC3 (F-15C, F/A-18, AV-8, P-51, F-86) or in development and announced (F-4E, F-15E). What would be left, would either not be brain melting and eagerly awaited or could be one of the modern things like F-22 or even F-32, RAH-66 (I mean, ED loves to gives us those modules that less of ten pieces have been built of), or, well, just the AH-64D. CH-46 or 47 or a V-22 wouldn't be that brain melting or eagerly awaited. People ask for an Apache (Longbow) a lot more often. Another possibility would be a bomber, but well, those are tons of work with different stations, systems etc. - so definately brain-melting, but I guess, again, not as many would eagerly await one even though it would be a great addition. But keep in mind having the rather small maps... oh, and just by the way, that millimetre wave radar would probably be brain-melting alone, literally.

Another candidate would be, as pointed out already, simply something rather modern. But that alone would not cut the edge. Something really brain-melting would be Russian. We all know "this won't happen on earth". And exactly that is the point. Maybe they found a way to make it possible and give us a modern Flanker or Fulcrum variant or even a Foxbat/-hound? Or a Su-24? Wouldn't that be just awesome?

And a third thing I was thinking of, having mentioned the Su-24 already, would be something like a Tornado IDS or F-111. Now here's the deal with it: Since I guess the Tornado is the more eagerly awaited one of them and I recall that Wags at some point also said it was one of his favourite planes he'd like to see one day in the sim, I'll just go with that one now. As we all know, most of us would highly prefer to have Heatblur do the thing. Why? Easily answered. They've got already: Wing sweep, A/G radar (long before ED themselves came up with), TFR (as part of A/G radar), complex anti ship missiles (the RB-15F), retro thrust, ELINT (on the Viggen), recon cams in the works (TARPS), road bases (for Viggen, sadly SP only), intelligent reading of map markers into INS/WP data, TALD (something rather low on the Hornet priority list), a fully operational LANTIRN TGP (before ED had the LITENING out for the Hornet which is still being worked on) and, of course, that GIB called jester with a yet to be improved, but very decent AI and methods to interact with him. And now, as you might think of it, "wait a minute!". What's the next announced ED modules gonna be again? The Mi-24P. Two crew. Even though they've been put back on the list: some AH-1 variant. Two crew. F-4E. Two crew. And they're even going to implement MP multi-crew in the Huey and Hip. And still even the L-39's, TF-51D's and Yak-52's multi-crew features could need some work. And then you'll have Heatblur on the other side with their yet-to-be-announced next module, being an "advanced multi-seat jet aircraft that has an air to ground radar" (this is what Nick said it would be) - also most possibly being a Tornado, F-111 or even that A-6E which I personally don't think it to be since they announced that as AI already and it would be less advanced and also less brain-melting than the others, although probably similarly eagerly awaited.

Now just think a minute or two. Wouldn't it be dang awesome if ED and HB actually would team up and work together, sharing technologies? I mean, HB is known for setting the bar higher with every release they bring upon us. They bring forth DCS as a whole everytime. Isn't that something ED should do? Of course they do, but in the end it's HB who have implemented some very awesome things to the sim. And no doubt they will continue doing that. And especially with the multi seat AC in the pipeline, ED is really going to need at the very least something like Jester. If they'd be going to deliver less than that, I guess many of us would be disappointed and always saying "hey, look over there, HB did this and that x years ago already, how about you guys?". I mean, literally... ED and HB doing their stuff together would be one of the best things that could possibly happen to DCS at the moment, because HB has things ED does need for their own modules, saving a lot of time by not having to reinvent the wheel - and at the same time, they could shell out a new module - done in cooperation with all the best that both teams have to offer to date, and even more than that. Wouldn't that be absolutely brain-melting? That's probably just my dream, but I'd really hope for it becoming reality, as it would make all of us gain. And finally we could be flying that awesome Tornado, probably one of the most interesting and advanced ground pounders around, even fitting to the most anticipated Cold War - Dester Storm era!

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

....And then you'll have Heatblur on the other side with their yet-to-be-announced next module, being an "advanced multi-seat jet aircraft that has an air to ground radar" (this is what Nick said it would be) - also most possibly being a Tornado, F-111 or even that A-6E which I personally don't think it to be since they announced that as AI already and it would be less advanced and also less brain-melting than the others, although probably similarly eagerly awaited....

But they also said they develop the A-6E(AI) as if it would be a full module because they want to make it a full module(license awaiting or something like that). It also fits their F-14 and carrier timeframe(remembering something like the all Grumman wing). The A-6E doesn't have to meet the criteria of "brain melting/mind blowing..." because thats for the ED module.

But thinking about your ED and HB working together wish/theory -> :thumbup: That would be really mind blowing.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

S-3B Viking. No, this time I'm serious, hear me out on how I got to this.

I find the abundance of submarine models in DCS rather surprising, considering they have little value inside DCS. Sure, you can do missions of them moored in port (for which a static object would have sufficed!) or perhaps of a submarine leaving a bay, for example. Outside of these particular scenarios, they don't feature at all, because they would slip under the waves where, even if you can see them from the air in shallow waters of the Straits of Hormuz, no player-flyable plane can do much about that. Yet.

There has been quite the announcement of the introduction of torpedoes not so long ago. Granted, mostly for WW2 units which use unguided torpedoes. All for AI use so far and even at that working a little questionably at times, but still: it strikes me as odd that ED would not only devote a lot of time to it, but also make it a major announcement that German u-boats can now torpedo freighters in DCS, considering how a simple triggered explosion would have left the player non the wiser; the experience for the player is exactly identical.

The LOMAC-era 3D model has been said to be due for a rework years ago already and there hasn't been a word on it since.

Finally, a lot of the pieces for it are coming out of the F/A-18C Hornet now with still leaving plenty of room for all-new mission profiles and applications. Harpoon, SLAM, HARM and the trusty Mk82 are all on the way, while ADCAP torpedoes could well be an intended step.

In conclusion:

- Carrier capable for the 'naval focus'

- That leads to some flight challenges, especially at landing with the luxury of burners to go around

- Certainly most unexpected, isn't it?

- The whole mind-melt-factor would come from it opening the door to the entirely new field of anti-sub operations in DCS

I am convincing myself that could be an export version of some Russian aircraft...milestone and mind melting for most people for sure...

My votes go to a Su30 (India, Malaysia) or Mig29K (India)...

Also I remember that the Mig29k was in Flanker 2.5...and it would happily marry with the new supercarrier environment

Yup this has always been my favorite guess (29K).

I mean why update the Kuz if you aren't going to have something to fly off it in the future? It has operated them, and the 29K is a pretty decent competitor to the ED modern jet stable, and its multirole. So that ticks a lot of boxes. Alternately an upgraded multirole SU-33 is just as likely.

ED IMO are pretty clever about module selections/longer term plans. Look at the PG map, it was made so that you could have credible "blue" on "blue" fights. Iran operates or operated a ton of "blue" jets. I mean the F4 is still on the back burner, and it would "ish" fit pretty well into the PG.

So, now we have SC, a new marianas map, a upcoming Syria map and an updated Kuz… So it makes some sense that perhaps the new module might be a red naval A/C. It ticks a lot of boxes.

Or otherwise some sort of export multirole red-bird.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).