Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

No, HB is NOT working on a playable A-6. They are working on the airframe as an AI add. As I said before, forum warriors don’t speak for the community at large, they just think they do.

Actually HB is developing full fidelity A-6 as AI. Their idea is that they make A-6 that can be made to full fidelity, but it is made for only AI.

So we do not get A-6 unless HB gets licensing, but they cut the work in future minimal if they get license as the A-6 is then close to ready.

Lets hear it from horse mouth:

Furthering our commitment to trying to provide a full and rich experience to the community, and in line with our module development priorities, we’ve decided to introduce the A-6E and KA-6 as free AI units into DCS World shortly following the release of the F-14 Tomcat!

The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full DCS module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind

So, we get AI that is level of full module.... As HB is developing it as such.

If they do not acquire licensing, the module will stay as AI only.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Actually HB is developing full fidelity A-6 as AI. Their idea is that they make A-6 that can be made to full fidelity, but it is made for only AI.

So we do not get A-6 unless HB gets licensing, but they cut the work in future minimal if they get license as the A-6 is then close to ready.

Lets hear it from horse mouth:

So, we get AI that is level of full module.... As HB is developing it as such.

If they do not acquire licensing, the module will stay as AI only.

Completely agree with your comments and reasoning. We are getting a A-6 AI add, that’s it. Everything else is wishful thinking. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be wrong! We’d all win HUGELY if I am wrong. Let’s hope that I am!

My original comment was that I don’t think we are looking at a jet as the teased module. I also said immediately after, that if it IS a jet (meaning I am wrong) I think it will be the A-6 or F-4, regardless of what’s been said publicly, ie ‘no playable A-6’. I’m still wondering what everyone thinks we are arguing about. We’re all in agreement.

Edited by Tokoyami

Nothing ED has said has pointed away from MiG-29. Nothing more or less then other theories.

I think it’s pretty clear that this has to do with (what is currently) the modern jet team. But I’m not going ask for an explanation on why it’s rotary wing when we have already talked about it for over 100 pages, I think it’s safe to say everyone has explained their thought process for every conceivable possibility, and I don’t think we need to prove anything to each other

The list of confirmed denials are small, nothig currently announced, not F-4. If you check the beginning of the thread, saying it was not an F-4 was one of the first things told us about it

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Nothing ED has said has pointed away from MiG-29. Nothing more or less then other theories.

I think it’s pretty clear that this has to do with (what is currently) the modern jet team. But I’m not going ask for an explanation on why it’s rotary wing when we have already talked about it for over 100 pages, I think it’s safe to say everyone has explained their thought process for every conceivable possibility, and I don’t think we need to prove anything to each other

The list of confirmed denials are small, nothig currently announced, not F-4. If you check the beginning of the thread, saying it was not an F-4 was one of the first things told us about it

Appreciate and respect your opinion, and for putting it out there. I think the -29 is as likely as anything else - I certainly don’t know. My comments were just for fun, not to upset anyone. My comment about the A-6 and or the F-4 was purely rhetorical. For fun, I was suggesting maybe they fibbed for our benefit and maybe it’ll be the A-6 or F-4 (knowing full well one is AI only ATM and the other has been flatly denied).

I appreciate your point about the modern jet team. I didn’t know something like that even existed within ED. I can promise you this - I’m so hopelessly addicted (have been for more than 25 years) whatever the module is, I’ll be a buyer on day one. =)

The MOST important part of any new release is the licensing, as without this (or a legal way around it) DCS could lose everything it's built up over the last few decades. This kind of rules out the SU-27 or the MIG-29, or their derivatives (which sucks).

Second most important part is support for the systems needing to be modeled in DCS World, which rules out anything with stealth technology (F117, F-22, RAH-66 Comanche, etc.) given the current roadmap for DCS.

So, given the recent acquisition of the Eurofighter license by a new team developing for DCS World, it would make absolute sense that the Tornado license is also available from the same entity as the EF2000 (and is likely much cheaper). There's nothing about the Tornado that is difficult to simulate that isn't already supported in DCS World, such as no need for stealth technology, so it's a good fit for the sim. And it certainly meets up with the hype surrounding this TBA aircraft!

It's highly likely that the Tornado is the mystery aircraft we are discussing in this thread.

Edited by StressLess
Sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

Full versions of MiG-29S and F-15C would both attract many buyers for sure. My guess is still on a full advanced F-15C module.

In that logic neither is then F-16 needed, or JF-17 or the F-15E as we had F/A-18C already.

Yet all those sells....

What would the first multirole REDAIR fighter do. A Su-27M (the first version) would be very much wanted by many already for the multiplayer balance in mind (meaning that you have similar capable aircrafts in use).

That I haven't heard that they sell better so much that it doesn't make sense to make a REDAIR module, but only for BLUEAIR.

ED has never said that they will never be doing one, only that "at this moment". They have always kept door open for future that they will be able to do one. It is just one of these "We cross that bridge when we come to it".

Far more challenging than example F-14B, that really needs already a human RIO with you. And AH-64 really requires that you have a another pilot with you. This was one great reasons why Mi-24 was opted for the P variant, as the pilot can use gun, rockets, bombs etc alone. Only leaving the AT missiles for the AI handling. And when main use is anyways gun and rockets, it does not require two players same time to be in the aircraft so often.

And same thing why KA-50 was so good choice for first full clickable module as it is single pilot helicopter. And even as is, it is less workload than a F/A-18 pilot does have.

But AH-64 is completely different thing, and I can't see any AI to be able perform acceptable manner in the simulator unless made it more like a game mode AI.

So sure thing is that many is interested for AH-64, but if it ends up to be "co-pilot required" kind module to fly, you need to have someone you know to be synced with schedule to get up.

Great things happens when that is possible, but we already know that we can't even get a second pilot to any two-seater jets, and for F-14 it is even challenge.

At least the co-pilot has far more to do in AH-64 than in Mi-24P, where it is basically just navigation and spotting and maybe sometimes get hands on the missile launching.

dont twist my words.

I never said those other aircraft aren't needed. or that i wouldnt wan't more multirole iarcraft.

But that they aren't " mindmelting" so yes by the same logic they arent . with the F18 out, the F16 and JF17 were not.

And no I don;t think that if ED was already going to be working on Redforce project a mere year or two after they would deny doing so. Compare this to response on whether they would do an virutally any other aircraft. F16 ( when it was not annouced ), matter of when rather than IF, Apahce : matter of when rather than IF. The only time ED said they would ever realistically be able to doing redforce is if they moved away from Moscow.

So it is entirely wishful thinking to expect a modern Gen 4 high fidelity module from ED being announced anytime soon.

SO yes if you compare questions and responses to different aircraft you can say they have never denied let alone make legitimate excuses for why they wouldn't do it. ( IE russian laws, lack of information, and lesser profits) like thye have with western fixed wing aircraft.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I hear you, and you’re right. My opinion is as equally worthless (probably more) as anyone else’s. I’m using deductive reasoning based on what’s out there, what’s been announced and what makes sense. That last bit is the real wildcard though.

The Red side will have two credible and very capable ATG attack helicopters with the release of the Hind. BlueFor has zero. Remember what’s we now know as ED got its start not with the A-10c, but the KA-50. I don’t see the SU-27 becoming a full fledged module, or a change for the F-15c. Not now, not from ED. I don’t believe it will be anything to do with WWII as there just aren’t many players over there in comparison. A lot of us own warbird modules, very few of us fly them with any regularity at all (online, talking online only). Please don’t respond with “I FLY MINE EVERYDAY JSOW BABY” (Lol). I know many fly them, I’m talking only in comparative numbers - online.

If it’s a jet, and I don’t think it will be, it will be either the F-4 or A-6, regardless of denials made so far.

I think one of the mistakes we all make is assuming the forum speaks for the user base. Only a tiny fraction of users say anything on these forums. The real voting is done with internal metrics ED obviously has. I’d assume the average reader forum count follows pretty closely with what people are flying the most of. That would be the -18, Jiff, -16, -14 and -88 (in that order). But like I said, it’s all guess work and my comments aren’t meant as knowing anything. I’m just offering my comments like anyone else.

I do agree with your guesses, seems like feasable aircrafts to have too, but if I recall correctly, ED has said that their module will be "mindmelting", so at this point I seriously don't know what to expect.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

I still have hope it will be either MiG-29K (9.41) or MiG-29KUB (9.47).

It's modern, it's mind-melting (for some of course) because it will be the first 4th gen Russian craft, and it will fit right in with updated Kuz model and their upcoming naval map.

And also this:

pLu1ngi.png

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

dont twist my words.

I never said those other aircraft aren't needed. or that i wouldnt wan't more multirole iarcraft.

i didnt say that you said YOU wouldn't want or those ain't needed..... So dont twist my words as I said that people want to buy modern multirole fighters, and REDAIR one would be truly something if from Russia (ie. not a JF-17)

But that they aren't " mindmelting" so yes by the same logic they arent . with the F18 out, the F16 and JF17 were not.

MINDMELTING in this case is what should bring huge sales as people expect it to be wanted.

it is not about engineering like "Now we can simulate four engines instead one!" as it is technological achievement instead a new aircraft to be purchased for flying.

And no I don;t think that if ED was already going to be working on Redforce project a mere year or two after they would deny doing so.

Waggs said "not at this moment" and "anything is subject to change" about possibility for REDAIR in future. and we are in future today relative to the interview.

at any given point did waggs not make an ultimatum that "never" or "impossible".

He well kept the door open for the future.

and couple years after stating such situation, a REDAIR modern multirole fighter would be a "mindmelting" because there are people who think it is not possible at alland they would quickly by such.

And also this:

pLu1ngi.png

So, does this mean that hope is not lost yet for a Russian 4th gen? Or is it just some lack of coordination between different ED workers, and 9Lines' guess is as good as ours? I very much hope for the former, but the latter sounds a little bit more realistic. But maybe it's just me being a pessimist.

So, does this mean that hope is not lost yet for a Russian 4th gen? Or is it just some lack of coordination between different ED workers, and 9Lines' guess is as good as ours? I very much hope for the former, but the latter sounds a little bit more realistic. But maybe it's just me being a pessimist.

Just my opinion on this one but I don't think hope is lost for these planes, it's mind melting maybe because we think we won't get one but instead get a similar export variant. It could also be mind melting because if we end up getting a mig29K for example, it would integrate with the kuznetzov for naval ops and with the upcoming Syria map meaning this plane is going to singlehandedly give a large chunk of redair/Russian plane ops to the community that wanted it for so long (me included).

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

My problem is that at least while back ED said that they have not yet decided what aircraft it will be as there are many.

So how can they deny anything really if they can't even agree secretly what it is?

If they rule out just "not a already announced one" then of course F-4 is out like Mi-24P and such as those are known to be developed.

But we are guessing here a moving goal. So not until they have made their decision, we truly can't do anything else than throw a coin in air and hope it turns to be a carrot.

You all had a great chance to end this thread on page 100 with a fantastic cliff hanger followed by ED hypothetical reveal right after but nope :doh: the wishlist marches on !

Now that more than half the year is gone, can ED reveal when they plan to reveal it ?

thanks in advance

Im gonna go on a limb here and say UH-60 Blackhawk.. Just a shot in the air..

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

You all had a great chance to end this thread on page 100 with a fantastic cliff hanger followed by ED hypothetical reveal right after but nope :doh: the wishlist marches on !

Your post is at the page 36... There is looong time to get to page 100....

This is the China Asset Pack J-11 from Deka i think.

Edit : Tom deleted his question.

As for is it in the right thread, at this point, everything is ... :lol:

:thumbup:

(just to explain for the rest: the formation lights of the latest J-11 pic in the weekend news made me a bit suspicious it could be the FF Su-27)

Edited by Tom Kazansky

i didnt say that you said YOU wouldn't want or those ain't needed..... So dont twist my words as I said that people want to buy modern multirole fighters, and REDAIR one would be truly something if from Russia (ie. not a JF-17)

MINDMELTING in this case is what should bring huge sales as people expect it to be wanted.

it is not about engineering like "Now we can simulate four engines instead one!" as it is technological achievement instead a new aircraft to be purchased for flying.

Waggs said "not at this moment" and "anything is subject to change" about possibility for REDAIR in future. and we are in future today relative to the interview.

at any given point did waggs not make an ultimatum that "never" or "impossible".

He well kept the door open for the future.

and couple years after stating such situation, a REDAIR modern multirole fighter would be a "mindmelting" because there are people who think it is not possible at alland they would quickly by such.

You seem to be cherrypicking small tidbid statements which you cannot source. Its been denied countless times in past on forums ( Ive been around here long enough) , I think you need to re listen the Alert 5 podcast.

Wag's said even as recent as march of 2019 for the community that expectations of modern RED air from ED are not realistic.

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

Quoting wags.

"Primarily because our main studio is Russian, and thus Russian aircraft are essentially a no go for us. between Russian companies like Sukhoi ,Mikoyan and the Russian Government, its simply not an option for us, sadly. That being said it doesn't prevent a 3rd party from at some point developing those aircraft, and its something were looking into. But for us to develop say a full study Fulcrum, Flanker or even a later aircraft like a Su35, SU30, its jsut not possible for us."

Wags go on to later say.

" At some point if we ever have larger office outside of Russia, maybe its a possiblity then, but as long as our principal development studio is in Russia, doing a modern day Russian aircraft is simply not possible."

So yes compared to past statements made when it came to asking for content like F16, or say an Apache, which have essentially been " matter of when rather than if" , "Were gonna do it at some point" . Messages that were encouraging, and hopefull as opposed to being practically denied for various reasons listed for REDair. It would not make sense for wags to entirely deny a possibility red air ( and modern especially) within anywhere in the foreseeable future to entirely say the exact opposite a mere year later, if there wasn't serious reason to believe they could not feasibly make one.

SO in Short Fri wishful thinking on your behalf. IL apply your logic and start making up reasons for an F22 AND F35 are realistic expecations "cuse i want to believe everythings possible and everything subject to change Bruh"

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Indeed.....I think that you can count out any newer jets as simply the information to accurately simulate is not in the public realm....and there is the issue with simulating Russian jets as mentioned above......therefore, to me the choice seems to be from the F4 Phantom or the Tornado......

Can I ask about the Phantom? I cant understand why this has never really been tackled in any sim, including DCS up until now? It's such an iconic jet and in service for years, spanning Vietnam, and right up until the 90's. Iran also operates them, so would be a perfect jet for Redfor in Persian Gulf scenarios as well as Blue side for middle east conflicts on the upcoming Syria map......Its a perfect choice......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Indeed.....I think that you can count out any newer jets as simply the information to accurately simulate is not in the public realm....and there is the issue with simulating Russian jets as mentioned above......therefore, to me the choice seems to be from the F4 Phantom or the Tornado......

Can I ask about the Phantom? I cant understand why this has never really been tackled in any sim, including DCS up until now? It's such an iconic jet and in service for years, spanning Vietnam, and right up until the 90's. Iran also operates them, so would be a perfect jet for Redfor in Persian Gulf scenarios as well as Blue side for middle east conflicts on the upcoming Syria map......Its a perfect choice......

It was in development by Belsimtek before they merged again with ED and the F4 got put on hold.

Belsimtek1

Belsimtek2

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings