Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

So basically some1 outside Russia could make a modern Russian fighter? speaking of gen4 fighters.

Supposedly.

But the logic of why ED can't do it breaks down if some 3rd party can. The sekrit Govt argument spouted here ignores the fact that the sekrit plane is still in DCS and in that case irrelevant who makes it.

About the only thing that does make sense to me is that ED basically doesn't think it will make money (Chiz said as much). Versus the resources they would have to put into it. But of course if some 3rd party guy does it they literally have nothing to loose and whatever (30%) of the sales to gain.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As per the timeline and realistic expectations:

F-15E and Mig 23 so far...

F-4 Phantom is the aircraft that I truly want to see fastracked. But for some reason, it has been extended around 2022.

So, it seems we have a loooong waiting time...

Also others are also wanting Civilian or Logistic, Cargo, AWACS centered planes between all these current awaited planes that obviously takes more than 3 years.

Looks like we'll be seeing new stuff maybe around LATE 2020.

My predictions. for 2020.

ED

Mi24 likely this year, but I guess its hit snags so maybe not. Maybe Ka50 redux. Maybe marianas map.

Ugra:

Syria map, (soon tm).

Raz:

F15E, possibly this year, but it looks like Raz lost most of their coders, so maybe delayed assuming they live up to their finish M2k/Harrier this year statments (I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't)

Mig23, is looking like "after" F15, so maybe next year, but F15 development will eat up a ton of coding resources. My guess 2021 at the earliest. (weird choice on their part, but I guess they think the F15e will sell better).

M3, F4U this year is still likely. F8J is at least 2022 IMO.

Polychop: OH58 likely soonish.

Heatblur: Finish out F14/Viggen

Next year, maybe some new stuff, but I doubt much.

A7E maybe from the new devs, but I doubt it.

Mirage F1 maybe annoucned. (I still think its at least 2022 or later tho)

ED announces new "mind melting mystery plane". And maybe F4E.

TrueGrit... Maaaybe next year. likely 2022 IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

As someone relatively new to DCS, but someone with a total affinity for the mighty Tornado - does the announcement of the Apache mean that the 'eagerly awaited aircraft' will be just that? or is Tornado still on the cards?

Eagerly awaiting the Tornado!

I don’t think it’s the Apache.

... But the logic of why ED can't do it breaks down if some 3rd party can. ...

No, it actually doesn't! Each module is a separate product and each developer is responsible for their own licensing of the aircraft. The aircraft module and DCS World are two entirely separate products!

And it's ALL about the licensing, so if a 3rd party is able to get the license necessary to build a redfor module, then THEY could build the module and make it available for sale on ED's DCS World platform.

The problem ED has is, basically, that they are prohibited from having the license and developing the product themselves due to the jurisdiction their company resides in.

Question becomes, if a 3rd party in another part of the world manages to wrangle a fixed wing redfor license, will they be able to sell the resulting module in Russia and associated jurisdictions?

Edited by StressLess
'Cause I can't think and type at the same time, it seems!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

... or is Tornado still on the cards?

I've posted several times in this thread about how the Tornado is likely to be the ONLY possible answer to the question of what this yet-to-be-announced mystery module will be!

Edited by StressLess
I'm an idiot!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

Hmm...Wags mentioned the Apache in one of the Syria map videos this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

he said "maybe one day", so not even planned or integrated to the work time line, so not untill at least 2025 with some luck...

I trully believe that the Eagerly awaited (or as they said, "Anticipated") is the Mi 24 HIND..

There is nothing tangible after that, its Mosie, Hind and then we will see....

he said "maybe one day", so not even planned or integrated to the work time line, so not untill at least 2025 with some luck...

I trully believe that the Eagerly awaited (or as they said, "Anticipated") is the Mi 24 HIND..

The Hind has been already announced....so that cannot be

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

They also already said it hasn't been announced before. The Hind was already announced

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for the F4U Corsair.

Preferably the C model with the 20mm cannons.

Greg Boyington is one of my heroes.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

F15E, possibly this year, but it looks like Raz lost most of their coders, so maybe delayed assuming they live up to their finish M2k/Harrier this year statments (I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't)

What happened there? Apparently I'm not quote-unquote up-to-date...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

What happened there? Apparently I'm not quote-unquote up-to-date...

They put out an add to hire one or two new coders and no one has heard anything from Leonardo since the Mirage radar changed so people think he left but I personally think he’s just working quietly on ADA stuff

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Apache is not "maybe" as it is "when". They do it, if not already done for military. And it has been announced that way already to be coming, question is just year.

So it can't really be Apache either as it is already years ago known to be coming. Confirmed "when".

But if ED have not decided yet, we can't estimate what it really is.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

So basically some1 outside Russia could make a modern Russian fighter? speaking of gen4 fighters.

Or maybe its the other way around. AFAIK ED is partly foreign owned, so maybe thats the problem - i.e. if they fall under the law about having to register as "foreign agents", obtaining contracts with Russian athorities/state owned enterprises could perhaps be problematic.

Anyway, I don't know what the deal is - it does sound odd if a developer outside Russia would have a better chance of obtaining a licence than one residing in Russia......but then IIRC ED only talked about "a third party" and that could also be Russian.

About licensing. RAZBAM didn't obtain license for their M2000C, that's why it isn't called "Mirage" as it should be. Maybe the non-Russian dev condition is precisely because a foreign company can do a Russian aircraft without dealing with govt permissions?

Or maybe its the other way around. AFAIK ED is partly foreign owned, so maybe thats the problem - i.e. if they fall under the law about having to register as "foreign agents", obtaining contracts with Russian athorities/state owned enterprises could perhaps be problematic.

Anyway, I don't know what the deal is - it does sound odd if a developer outside Russia would have a better chance of obtaining a licence than one residing in Russia......but then IIRC ED only talked about "a third party" and that could also be Russian.

I know of at least 2 other Russian based flight games that have the Apache.

Heliborne and War Thunder. Probably not a licensing issue.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

They told many times 3rd parties are free to make Russian aircrafts like i.e. MiG-29 or Su-27. There is simply no 3rd party interested in doing one at this moment.

Why you can ask? Ask them directly, there are some reasons.

Edited by bies

11:20-11:31 ( 11:28 specifically)

To quote Wags " and who knows, maybe an Apache someday" ;)

A while ago, I believe the "Eagerly awaited aircraft" has already been confirmed not to be a helo. So the Apache would be a bonus.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Yeah who knows. I basically think its partly a licensing issue and the fact they don't think it will sell.

I mean they have an mi24 license. And they do think that will sell. So why not a mig29smt or something.

Here's something Chizh said a few days ago. That might mean something... Or not:)

Относительно Су-27С никто не говорил что "можно не ждать". ;)

"When it comes to Su-27S noone said that "it won't happen"

I know of at least 2 other Russian based flight games that have the Apache.

Heliborne and War Thunder. Probably not a licensing issue.

Whats that got to do with anything? - ED is also Russian based and got licence agreements for both the F-18C and(I presume) the F-16C.

We were talking about licensing in connection with Russian made aircraft.

Yeah who knows. I basically think its partly a licensing issue and the fact they don't think it will sell.

I mean they have an mi24 license. And they do think that will sell.

Or that the combination of how well it will sell vs. the required development effort makes them think it will be profitable. :)

So why not a mig29smt or something.

There could be a number of reasons. For one the above mentioned "equation" may not seem nearly as attractive for a MiG-29 - i.e. if the sales potential is deemed roughly the same as for the Hind, but the development effort is several times higher.

Then there is the question of whether they can get a license from MiG(differnent companies have different policies in this regard) and whether they need one for legal reasons - and in the case of the -SMT in order to get proper documentation to make it, which in turn might not even be possible(if too much of it is classified).