Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Multyplayer state is broken. There are crouds of F14s noob tubing living shit out of everything that moves out there. And half of Blue planes endup on Red side. To remedy complete uslessness of Reds. When you talk about F14 - Mig 31 is only worthy adversary. Same interceptor role same punch.

SU 27M/35 has upgraded fox 2 and 3 with better chareateristics. And can compete with nato planes. As for time and effort to make them. These are easyest birds for ED to make coz they allready have them.

These two platforms needed in MP solely to provide Reds with R77M and R-37 missiles. To remedy their catastrophic helplessness. And it seems one little thing is forgotteen here.

-It`s a digital COMBAT simulator first and foremost.

Well it's a simulator first and foremost, not a balanced game.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

So quickly the truth becomes distorted. It was stated that the reason we hadn't heard yet about the mystery module was that the modern jet team are busy with viper, hornet and hog2.[/Quote]

What does their schedule matter in the announcing what comes after their current projects? (You can tell what is tomorrows dinner, even if you are just preparing today's breakfast.)

AFAIK it was that ED has not yet decided that what they are going to do, why they can't announce it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I’ve read most of ^^

... and, to me, there’s only two credible options:

- F-111

- Tornado

As a Brit, I’d be really excited to see a flyable Tonka in DCS, but nothing matches “milestone” and “brain-melting” in the way the F-111 does (ok, SR-71...!)

F-111 was a milestone IRL - first production swing wing, first after burning turbofan, super-cruise, first terrain following radar... the F-“111” must stand for “first, first, first”...!

As for brain melting - dump and burn, and 900+mph down a valley at 200’...? This thing would make the Tomcat look slow :-)

Edited by rkk01

My predictions. for 2020.

ED

Mi24 likely this year, but I guess its hit snags so maybe not. Maybe Ka50 redux. Maybe marianas map.

Ugra:

Syria map, (soon tm).

Raz:

F15E, possibly this year, but it looks like Raz lost most of their coders, so maybe delayed assuming they live up to their finish M2k/Harrier this year statments (I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't)

Mig23, is looking like "after" F15, so maybe next year, but F15 development will eat up a ton of coding resources. My guess 2021 at the earliest. (weird choice on their part, but I guess they think the F15e will sell better).

M3, F4U this year is still likely. F8J is at least 2022 IMO.

Polychop: OH58 likely soonish.

Heatblur: Finish out F14/Viggen

Next year, maybe some new stuff, but I doubt much.

A7E maybe from the new devs, but I doubt it.

Mirage F1 maybe annoucned. (I still think its at least 2022 or later tho)

ED announces new "mind melting mystery plane". And maybe F4E.

TrueGrit... Maaaybe next year. likely 2022 IMO.

So...we can expect most releases realistically at 2021 or if we are lucky...just late 2020.:thumbup:

People here are still asking Cargo, AWACS and gunship level planes...

For those who fly FC3 planes wouldn`t be an issue. If so then why not? Plus we`d have solid Red force to fly against. They are no where near to be a match for Bluefor. Red team with all missing planes pus their earliest versions of present jets is in very bad shape for even dreaming about parity. Not a worthy adversary! Put in one word - incomplete.

Back in the 1970's when VW Bugs were ubiquitous and cheap, people would take the chassis and power train from the VW and build up dune buggies and kit cars.

It's the kit cars which are of interest here, since you had exotic sports car bodies available in kit form (actually, you still do), one of the more popular ones was the Nova by Sterling Kit Cars. The Nova looked a LOT like the European sports cars of that era (Lotus, Ferrari, etc.), and while they SOUNDED like a Porsche, the kit cars didn't HANDLE like a Porsche!

So what would happen if a Sterling Nova kit car were to show up at a Run-What-You-Brung race at the local track and a Lotus or Ferrari showed up as well, and the challenge was on? How would that VW Bug chassis and powertrain perform against either sports car?

So while the FC3 planes look great, under the hood is more or less a VW Bug chassis and powertrain like a kit car! And racing kit cars vs. other kit cars is a cool and pretty exciting thing in and of itself, even if it's not like doing it with REAL sports cars! And racing kit cars has challenges all it's own and is more accessible to the average joe as well (I'm not ragging on FC3, it is what it is)...

Which brings me around to my original question, if it's not clickable (read - pro level study simulation) why bother in DCS?

I see these vids on YouTube all the time, something like 2x F-16 vs. 5x MIG-29 (basically sports cars vs. kit cars), and it doesn't make sense to watch them! Now when I see vids that say 2x F-16 vs. 10x MIG-21bis and think that might be interesting as it's pro level sim vs. pro level sim (though 2x F-16 vs. 12x Mustangs might be EVEN more entertaining, or 1x F-15 vs. 3x MIG-29!).

Why waste time building a kit car when all the time and resources can go into the real (cough, cough) thing? I mean the community can make all the kit cars it wants (and it does) thru modding. Just throw on a new body and tweak the flight model a bit and you have a new kit plane! You can't do that with the pro level study sims...

Edited by StressLess
Brain fart x6

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

... People here are still asking Cargo, AWACS and gunship level planes...

So what if this mystery aircraft were a fully functional AWACS and was one of the lynchpins of a dynamic campaign engine (allowing both single and multi player play)?

Wouldn't that would be a mind melting milestone, an unprecedented paradigm shift?

Wouldn't that be an excellent follow-up to the Supercarrier module just released into EA?

I still think it's the Tonado, though the F-111 is sounding better and better as a runner up. But an AWACS sure would be enough to make up for it not being a redfor aircraft (if that be the case)!!

Edited by StressLess
Give me an 'n'...

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

A 'milestone' if we're talking technical aspects of planes we don't currently have could either be functioning side-by-side co-op (which is supposed to come to the Huey, so unlikely), multi-position aircraft (ie, not everyone is in the cockpit), or a new aircraft with player controlled 4 engines.

I can't think of much more player related technical milestones that are linked to an aircraft.

Unless it's a winch and SAR ops with a new helo.

A 'milestone' if we're talking technical aspects of planes we don't currently have could either be functioning side-by-side co-op (which is supposed to come to the Huey, so unlikely), multi-position aircraft (ie, not everyone is in the cockpit), or a new aircraft with player controlled 4 engines.

I can't think of much more player related technical milestones that are linked to an aircraft.

Unless it's a winch and SAR ops with a new helo.

Well the difficult part was always multicrew, after that everything else is kinda easy as its just changing where people sit, I wouldn't say side-by-side is a milestone but if it is it makes me worried as it could mean ED takes the A-6 out from under HB. Because while not confirmed its very likely going to be their next project so an F-111 wouldn't be the only/first side by side seating plane.

Its why I personally prefer the idea of it being the first tactical bomber in DCS but this is why we have these discussions

So what if this mystery aircraft were a fully functional AWACS and was one of the lynchpins of a dynamic campaign engine (allowing both single and multi player play)?

Wouldn't that would be a mind melting milestone, an unprecedented paradigm shift?

Wouldn't that be an excellent follow-up to the Supercarrier module just released into EA?

I still think it's the Tonado, though the F-111 is sounding better and better as a runner up. But an AWACS sure would be enough to make up for it not being a redfor aircraft (if that be the case)!!

No one knows if its a fully functional AWACS plane....How an AWACS radar model works will be complicated to develop and pretty sure the module is going to be very very costly with fewer takers. The work needed on it will be immense. The only takers will be extreme dedicated flight enthusiasts and some ex pilots maybe. I dont see others buying. The maps here are small...comms are still developing, A/G radar is still being worked on and again I do not see how a complicated AWACS radar fit in. Have the done work on this?

How are they going to model the radar and its crew either, plus its vast systems? The furthest I see is a Cargoplane like C-2 Greyhound. The carrier landings would be fun...

If its a MILESTONE, Maybe some Russian modern plane. Somewhat modern. Getting access to somewhat modern Russian plane would be a milestone around 80s, 90s or 2000 era.

But...who knows? Maybe it could be an F-111 or Tornado. Both are well profitable planes with so many takers.

I was thinking that there was talk of F8 Crusader but then I said to myself: which aircraft carrier do we take it off from? It would take one of the 50/60 years and so also talking about F 4 Phantom, they should also make dated aircraft carriers like the USS Essex ( CV-9) and USS Saratoga (CV-60) .. uff, a lot of work but the furrow has been traced and you never know. Dream aircraft like the most modern Rafale are too expensive as resources, let's not forget that they have to work on many things and I don't think they can afford to put everyone on a new plane. For me, a project could be Mi 24, who has updated the Ka 50 may have thought of continuing the good work on the Hind model which is also well done as a graphic designer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

... How an AWACS radar model works will be complicated to develop and pretty sure the module is going to be very very costly with fewer takers. The work needed on it will be immense. ...

Why would you need to model the AWACS radar system at all?

The AI in a dynamic campaign would be keeping track of all the same information that would be available for an AWACS (which is actually only a subset of ALL the information being tracked), so all you would need to do is emulate the operation of an AWACS with the ability to manually take over certain aspects of it in single or multi player.

I mean you'd do a full pro level study simulation of the aircraft itself, at least from the aspect of the cockpit and flight systems (though with a competent AI pilot, if needed).

But the payload in the body of the plane (where the magic happens) can all be emulated from the dynamic campaign AI interactively, where the player(s) can adjust the operation of dynamic campaign at the tactical level through the AWACS interfaces.

Doing it that way, the AWACS radar system becomes as simple as determining what data wouldn't be physically available due to the radar's limitations (as the AI is all-seeing, limiting intel would be needed to make the game more competitive).

Of course, this is based on the assumption the dynamic campaign is truly dynamic and isn't being faked or fudged too heavily (which happens a lot). Even then, this could still work.

Edited by StressLess
Brain fart 1

AWACS plane? In DCS? Sounds pretty boring, like watching paint dry or water evaporate

Let's see- take off, fly to station. Fly circles or racetracks for a couple hours till relief arrives& then RTB

Yay

As far as being in the belly of the beast, I've had enough radar scope time identifying tracks IRL to say thanx but no thanx

That module would be a hard pass for me

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

AWACS plane? In DCS? Sounds pretty boring, like watching paint dry or water evaporate

Let's see- take off, fly to station. Fly circles or racetracks for a couple hours till relief arrives& then RTB

Yay

As far as being in the belly of the beast, I've had enough radar scope time identifying tracks IRL to say thanx but no thanx

You may not understand it but there are a lot of people out there that are not interested in combat flight operations. I see it all the time in comments here and on youtube. They are more interested in support roles like flying AWACS missions in an E2 Hawkeye.

Here is one of those comments to show you who these people are:

"Would love to see an E-3 Hawkeye join us in DCS. Being a Commercial pilot, that would make my day. All this Hornet stuff is far too stressful. LOL"

Northrop-Grumman-E-2-Hawkeye3.jpg

Edited by Evoman

Yay

There is another thread trying to hard lobbying for it or those support planes...:noexpression:

Yeah...it is boring. I could not make sense how it would have a good profitable market on this. Only the most ardent purists would buy it. It would be hell of pain to make such a complicated module anyway. It already take those COMBAT plane modules a lot of time to be added. The next new module we might see on late 2020 if we are luck or 2021.

Edited by jojyrocks

You may not understand it but there are a lot of people out there that are not interested in combat flight operations.

and thats where you get me wrong. ive argued in favor of the an-2, the c-130 (non gunship variant), the v-22.

ive spent plenty of time flying non combat missions in the mi-8

hell, ive even come to enjoy the yak52& CE2 we have

on the other hand, ive said some aircraft that people get excited about dont make compelling DCS modules, whether thats the b52, the b1, kc-135, the U2. wonderful airplanes, all of them. Poor candidates for DCS sims

so, whats the difference between a c-130 and an awacs plane? like i said, the mission profile for a awacs doesnt make a compelling sim. i suppose the E-2 can be interesting for takeoffs&landings if carriers are your thing...but airforce has awacs too (i work at the one of the factories where they were made, nowadays the cabinets inside the p-8 are made here and installed down the street) and those done even have carrier traps...what lies in between? circles or racetracks...fun fun fun. wake me up when we're finished having all this fun.

a c-130 does a wider variety of missions. delivering paratroopers, point a-to-point b supply runs, air dropping supplies, all potentially in unfriendly skies (a combat jump for the paratroopers is about 500 agl, well within any ground fire)

v-22 does all that, plus what we'd expect out of a huey or a blackhawk

hell, id even welcome a chinook module. not a lot of variety of missions- sling load, air drop, transport, fast roping, troop transport but there is a lot required of the pilot in each of those

and finally, evoman, i understand you want an awacs, but you also need to make room for dissent. there needs to be more to discussions than agreement and "+1"s. if i come up with an idea thats retarded...then there should be room for someone to say "nah, thats a bad idea". Im not saying your idea is retarded, i was voicing the idea that an awacs could be a pretty boring plane. If they dont make it (and i dont think they will), itll be no great loss as far as im concerned, If they do make it, congrats- i hope you have a lot of fun flying around in circles . sincerely, no sarcasm intended.

but you can count me out with any awacs plane

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

After watching the Syria trailer I am doubling down: it’s the Apache. I know that’s considered blasphemy by most, and I don’t mean to cause any offense by my guess. Last time I made my prognostication others demanded to know what evidence I have. I don’t have any beyond my wild *** guess/hunch.

Endlessly entertaining conversation though. I’ve read every page of this thread as it’s developed and enjoy reading all of the very well thought out theories.

Well, given the fact we are in the second half of July, it is now sooner rather than later.

True, also not very helpful.

Jesus H. F... This is the most annoying thing ever. That beeing said, what about a F-104 Starfighter?

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

True, also not very helpful.

Jesus H. F... This is the most annoying thing ever. That beeing said, what about a F-104 Starfighter?

We'll mostly see new content maybe at LATE 2020 and or starting from 2021.

No news on F-104 development...such an exotic plane that I too would love to see.

Let's see- take off, fly to station. Fly circles or racetracks for a couple 10-12 hours till relief arrives& then RTB

Yay

FIFY. Agree with all the rest. :music_whistling:

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

You may not understand it but there are a lot of people out there that are not interested in combat flight operations. ...

Along those same lines, did you know that among the civilian aviation sims there are entire groups dedicated to doing air traffic control in multiplayer.

And that they actually run schedules, with certain people assigned to particular airports and times being on-duty (usually based on where they live), and if they can't make it, they get someone to cover for them? They even use voice comms and such as a part of it...

They also have groups dedicated to pilots who actually do scheduled flights out of assigned airports at assigned times, and are serviced by the air traffic controllers I mentioned above.

I mean, the buzz over the release of this new MS civilian flight sim is not JUST about how beautiful it is, it's about how this will be servicing the community as a whole!

There's been discussions on how to grow DCS, and this is certainly an area that should be looked at! But not just air traffic control, but extending that to AWACS and such, which you simply CAN'T get in a civilian aviation sim!

Just because YOU (the reader) may not the market for it, doesn't mean there ISN'T a market for it!

But tethering the dynamic campaign to the functionality of the AWACS in the theater would make for a great way of interacting with the campaign at the mission level. I mean, having multiple missions going on at the same time on a multiplayer server thru this would make game play so much better for all the participants, whether flying a mission or coordinating from the AWACS.

At that point you could have a DCS MMORGP with a ongoing dynamic campaign that can actually be influenced by the players and yet still be unique enough each time you log on to be challenging. No MMORPG in any genre can offer that right now...

Edited by StressLess
Brain fart 1

ED really braindrilled us all....

800px-MV-22_mcas_Miramar_2014.JPG

We get the helicopter, as well the airplane.... Truly something amazing.

Along those same lines, did you know that among the civilian aviation sims there are entire groups dedicated to doing air traffic control in multiplayer.

And that they actually run schedules, with certain people assigned to particular airports and times being on-duty (usually based on where they live), and if they can't make it, they get someone to cover for them? They even use voice comms and such as a part of it...

They also have groups dedicated to pilots who actually do scheduled flights out of assigned airports at assigned times, and are serviced by the air traffic controllers I mentioned above.

I mean, the buzz over the release of this new MS civilian flight sim is not JUST about how beautiful it is, it's about how this will be servicing the community as a whole!

Exactly.

There are many great positions in DCS that could be manned by many people who are interested to do those, as long you give them far better tools than now.

There's been discussions on how to grow DCS, and this is certainly an area that should be looked at! But not just air traffic control, but extending that to AWACS and such, which you simply CAN'T get in a civilian aviation sim!

While I don't think that AWACS station would be one of those most demanded, it still is wanted for many as so many enjoy from a good human AWACS or GCI operator that guides pilots.

Same thing is with a ATC for different airports or actually proper FAC for artillery and such.

Add a proper radar screens, all functions etc to actually properly with realistic limitations and capabilities and there would be plenty of players just ready to jump in who do not want to fly.

Similar thing is with the ground units, while Combined Arms is currently very underdeveloped module, it will become top ones, if not the most wanted module if ED develops it properly with good RTS elements, real kind mission designing, proper communications between ground units and air units etc.

As all such things will do nothing less than play straight to virtual combat pilots benefits, where they get to work with ground troops and proper traffic controllers etc. Get properly designed missions from the humans and be responsible to build the whole air combat to completely new level.

Just because YOU (the reader) may not the market for it, doesn't mean there ISN'T a market for it!

thats no reason not to voice dissent. I certainly didnt say there was no market for it, i said from my point of view that sounds like a ridiculously boring module, and i stand by that. The only person anyone can speak for is themselves

if you get what you want, im happy for you. but from where i sit, it doesnt make a very compelling sim module, no matter how kewl the pictures may look

if the only ones who can voice an opinion are those with the "correct" (ie positive, supporting, enthusiastic) opinion, then the discussion becomes meaningless

System:

ED really braindrilled us all....

800px-MV-22_mcas_Miramar_2014.JPG

We get the helicopter, as well the airplane.... Truly something amazing.

that would really bring together their aircraft and rotorcraft teams, and when i used to watch those fly out of northern kuwait that was pretty much my response: amazing

System: