Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World

phant

Dear devs, could you please explain why this thread is in the Wishlist section now? Does it mean the module is cancelled, or is it because the thread has turned into a place where people just express their wishes, or something else?

P.s. though it seems to me they wouldn't visit this thread anymore...

Edited by Nipil
Magic word was missing

Well said. The same also applies to RAZBAM and the Harrier. They could have initially made a simpler Desert Storm-era AV-8B which would have allowed them to concentrate on getting the basic systems done and perhaps get it out of early access after a reasonable time. After achieving this, they could have sold a separate AV-8B N/A at full price for new customers or at a discount for existing Harrier owners, concentrating on all the fancy new year 2000+ avionics features and weapons.

Instead this is another aircraft stuck in eternal early access, burning up their company resources without generating new income. The upcoming F-15E is going to be exactly the same...

+ a million...

And noobs might be able to stat out on a simpler but still useful airframe.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

ED really braindrilled us all....

800px-MV-22_mcas_Miramar_2014.JPG

We get the helicopter, as well the airplane.... Truly something amazing.

Its a bird, its a plane, its helo!

I mean it would kinda cool to see, but TBH I don't see it selling that well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I mean it would kinda cool to see, but TBH I don't see it selling that well.

What if the Gatling gun right in the middle of the cargo bay was included?

You might not be able to carry that SAM anymore though:lol:

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

What if the Gatling gun right in the middle of the cargo bay was included?

You might not be able to carry that SAM anymore though:lol:

Thats just it, its basically a long range troop transport. I mean it would be a hit on the MP servers for that capability alone. But it would instantly make the helo's obsolete. I mean those logi flights are boring.

I think any sort of flanker/mig would sell way better or an apache or whatnot.

thats no reason not to voice dissent. I certainly didnt say there was no market for it, i said from my point of view that sounds like a ridiculously boring module, and i stand by that. The only person anyone can speak for is themselves

if you get what you want, im happy for you. but from where i sit, it doesnt make a very compelling sim module, no matter how kewl the pictures may look

if the only ones who can voice an opinion are those with the "correct" (ie positive, supporting, enthusiastic) opinion, then the discussion becomes meaningless

Wow! Touchy!!

I simply made a declaratory statement directed at all readers and allowed them to identify with it or not, there was no specific intent to hit a nerve! But here in this statement I am talking to the one I quote above specifically. just because you're not in the market for it doesn't mean a market doesn't exist. It's fine that not every aspect of DCS suits you, it means you're normal. Welcome to the human race!

We are in a thread in the DCS wishlist category talking about a mystery aircraft that ED will be announcing sometime this year. I think it's going to be the Tornado, but thought that an AWACS would be a cool alternative as well, especially if it were integrated into a sophisticated dynamic campaign system with an AI that could manage human input as well during the campaign.

Now even if they didn't do an AWACS that way, it'd still be cool way to do a dynamic campaign and a giant leap forward from earlier attempts.

But adding in the ability for air traffic control by players to DCS would be welcomed by many. Both player driven ATC and AWACS would be great too, even without a dynamic campaign!

And at the risk of repeating myself, just because you (the reader) are not in the market for it doesn't mean a market for it doesn't exist!

Now lighten up and don't take everything so personally, we're here talking about a game, mind you, A GAME! LOL!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

Wow! Touchy!!

nope, not at all. perhaps you read too much into my statement, perhaps i read your statement directed at my previous ones rather than being made to people in general.

you overlooked the part where i said this ones a hard pass for me, but if you get what you want i am (sincerely) happy for you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

800px-MV-22_mcas_Miramar_2014.JPG

We get the helicopter, as well the airplane.... Truly something amazing.

This is honestly one of the few things left that I'd get really excited about. I think chances are slim, but goddamn an Osprey would be fun.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

nope, not at all. perhaps you read too much into my statement, perhaps i read your statement directed at my previous ones rather than being made to people in general.

you overlooked the part where i said this ones a hard pass for me, but if you get what you want i am (sincerely) happy for you

Ok then! Glad we've straightened that out and have put it behind us now! On to other, more interesting, topics...

This is honestly one of the few things left that I'd get really excited about. I think chances are slim, but goddamn an Osprey would be fun.

The Osprey would be an interesting module for DCS (from an enthusiast standpoint), it'd be nice to have another carrier capable aircraft. And even though it's only recently been deployed (in the grand scheme of things), it was developed in the 1980's so there may be a chance of getting the proper permissions to do this module right by ED.

My question is what variant would be suited to DCS, and how would it fit into what's already available in the DCS sim world?

Edited by StressLess
'Cause I can, dammit!

HP Z230 - Win10 Pro, i7-4770@3.30Ghz, 16GB RAM, EVO 1TB SSD x2, GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Quest 2 VR/TrackIR5; GIGABYTE AERO 17 HDR XD - Creator series laptop

DCS World - Terrains: all; Modules: all but MB-339, Mirage F1, Mosquito, I-16, MiG-19P, Yak-52, F-5E, L-39, C-101, MiG-15bis, MiG-21bis, & F-86F; Campaigns: various

On My Radar - The Typhoon, and I'm still hoping for a Norway map to go with it!!

It's a plopter.

And the whole RAZBAM AV-8B N/A is a mess and likely will never be finished, I already hung it up to dry as an AI module. Even RAZBAM admitted that it was a module they intended to use as a learning platform and has no completion date. I dont even think they have the appropriate documentation to finish it and are apparently waiting for some kind of military training contract to come in to get the info. Or at least that is the best I could make from the podcast.

I don't believe Osprey is likely to be made. It must still be largely sekrit. And hard to implement correctly even if ED had all info necessary. I know that we already have a (buggy) Harrier, but still... It's not something I would bet my money on.

Maybe it's Tornado, maybe even F-111, might be century series fighter. Less likely it might be some Cold War era Red strike fighter like Su-17 or MiG-27. Even less likely is my dream of Su-27 or MiG-29 families. Choppers are not as likely as jets due to some wording convenientions in community.

All of this is just IMHO, of course.

• Like 1

An F-4E was already discounted, was it?

Its still in the pipeline somewhere, but was bumped in favor of this.

Well said. The same also applies to RAZBAM and the Harrier. They could have initially made a simpler Desert Storm-era AV-8B which would have allowed them to concentrate on getting the basic systems done and perhaps get it out of early access after a reasonable time. After achieving this, they could have sold a separate AV-8B N/A at full price for new customers or at a discount for existing Harrier owners, concentrating on all the fancy new year 2000+ avionics features and weapons.

Instead this is another aircraft stuck in eternal early access, burning up their company resources without generating new income. The upcoming F-15E is going to be exactly the same...

But the Av8B N/A was already in use in the gulf war......

The 2000s era N/A is only better by having newer AMPCD as opposed to the MPCD displays ( which in DCS makes no practical difference apart from looking more gucci) , GPS aided navigation , JDAM's , and the ability to use Lightening targeting pod vs relying only on the ARBS. Its really not that much more fancy. The plan that they had was to make N/A first, and then do the AV8B+ which will have slightly downsized APG 65 Radar

Razbam had already made av8b and other more complex aircraft in other sims.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I don't believe Osprey is likely to be made. It must still be largely sekrit. And hard to implement correctly even if ED had all info necessary. I know that we already have a (buggy) Harrier, but still... It's not something I would bet my money on.

Maybe it's Tornado, maybe even F-111, might be century series fighter. Less likely it might be some Cold War era Red strike fighter like Su-17 or MiG-27. Even less likely is my dream of Su-27 or MiG-29 families. Choppers are not as likely as jets due to some wording convenientions in community.

All of this is just IMHO, of course.

ED is not Razbam. Harrier is not an ED product.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

MiG-29A

Confirmed by Simon from ED as the aircraft that ED is looking at the possibility of doing.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Love how the same interview can be read in different ways:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4440024&postcount=42

I wouldn't expect any solid news before Q4, as ED said before :)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

As would be the AH-64D. I mean, we've been waiting for that thing since we knew there was going to be a Ka-50, don't we? And people keep saying that the Westinghouse radar would be too modern and classified. Actually, we have way more modern things in DCS already, but that's not the matter now. Point is that at some point in an interview, Wags said (I think it was the one where he was teaching someone the Hornet startup live) that after being asked about the next modules, they'd of course be the Viper and Hind, but they've also signed a contract with Boeing not just for the Hornet. If you go check, what they'd have on their plate (German wiki article, but it has a nice list), you'll find a lot of modules already in DCS/FC3 (F-15C, F/A-18, AV-8, P-51, F-86) or in development and announced (F-4E, F-15E). What would be left, would either not be brain melting and eagerly awaited or could be one of the modern things like F-22 or even F-32, RAH-66 (I mean, ED loves to gives us those modules that less of ten pieces have been built of), or, well, just the AH-64D. CH-46 or 47 or a V-22 wouldn't be that brain melting or eagerly awaited. People ask for an Apache (Longbow) a lot more often. Another possibility would be a bomber, but well, those are tons of work with different stations, systems etc. - so definately brain-melting, but I guess, again, not as many would eagerly await one even though it would be a great addition. But keep in mind having the rather small maps... oh, and just by the way, that millimetre wave radar would probably be brain-melting alone, literally.

icon_exclaim.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Don't get too much excited, the MiG is only being looked at yet, it's unclear when the work will begin. And it's just going to be MiG-29A, the earliest model with lackluster EW capabilities and no PGM's, weak radar... It's not that it's on par with F-16 bl.50 or F/A-18C lot 20 we have. The capability gap is still there. Not whining, even A model is a great lip forward for DCS, and I understand why nothing more modern can be done, but it's not nearly a game changer. Especially given that we have an FC-3 MiG-29A already.